Yamato 1/3000 SDF-1 Macross

Save

Why? Feel obligated to get it? I passed since I've never been fond of the drab DYRL color scheme and am hoping for a TV repaint with the proper Carrier arms. I still would like an ARMD or two for scenery/comparison and maybe the oddball switcheroo, though.

No it's the fact that people keep buying Yamatos crap even as they continuously raise the prices on things that probably shouldn't be that high to start with, oh that and they dance around the things fans REALLY want and instead give us repaints and and small meaningless tweaks of already released stuff. Do I feel obligated to get one,no, I too am waiting on a TV version,I still think it's dumb that they're doing though.

Ok, going against the general grain here... I am kind of glad they released the toy (at least for me) and that's kind of odd coming from a "model" guy such as myself. Being a very devoted Dad now, I just don't have the time like I had before to devote to the hobby. I like the "instant gratification" of the toy that I can just open up and "play" with - I really can't remember a time since my childhood that I was so happy to open up a toy and marveled at it for days. If it had only come as a kit, I'm sure I would have ordered it too, but it would probably have remained in piles of plastic pieces in the box for ages like my growing piles of un-built model kits that are accumulating in the basement. The toy was so good that it didn't take a lot to add to it to make it into a replica masterpiece. You don't have to totally take it apart to make it respectable (IMHO). I'm glad that they did most of it for me already (the lazy guy in me speaking!).

I just hope that they offer up the PE parts & decals as an optional upgrade kit to the early adopters. Please Graham, please say something to the powers that be at Yamato for a chance at offering up these parts to their loyal supporters - better yet, offer them up for free to say "thanks" for the support! But seriously ;-) we are willing to pay for the upgrade kit like their Fast Pack Boosters.

I kind of agree with WM Cheng. Being able to open up a box and play with a toy is priceless. However, I think it would be more fair if the choices were availiable up front. Looking at the upgrade parts, I think this is where they will (hopefully) release the 1/3000 vf-1??? It was in their 1/2000 prototype; this explains why it hasn't been released all these times.

I kind of like the idea of this coming out as a kit, I would have preferred this being a kit at a much cheaper price from the get go so this may be a good opportunity to get one, but I'm actually not liking the PE parts. I don't like/use PE parts ever anyways so including them in a kit is just going to be a bunch of junk I'll never use eating into the savings over the toy release by virtue of it not being painted and assembled. I hope they do a kit and an upgrade set in two separate releases. That people who already have the toy can get upgrade parts too and people like me can save a few more dollars.

Hey, if you don't want your PE parts, I'd gladly take them off your hands! (once I find out if there will be an upgrade option kit sold separately).

Oh man! I see PE launch arms and Valkyries!! (upper center) - the Valkryies seem to have a top plan and two sides that slot into the top plan to form the 2 legs and fast-packs... What about the bridge antenna array, seems like a natural for PE parts?

Come on Graham - any news from your friends at Yamato as to whether this will be a separate upgrade option to be sold? I can't think what the resin parts will be.

Photo Etched parts (PE) are thin (usually brass) sheets that have been acid etched and cut out to form really fine details. One detaches them from the tree and can be bent into assemblies or straight applied (crazy glued) onto a surface for finer details than can be reproduced via traditional injection methods.

I'd be ok with a repaint, though would mainly just want new shoulders with the cannons on the outside of the shoulder and that allow the carriers (and ARMD) to go straight back along the legs.

Hi all SDF-1 guys! I think I am the unlucky one who ordered one and still have not received it. I ordered it by Jan 21st from HKCollectibles.com. They shipped it quick but somehow the stupid thing landed in NYC (I am in SoCal!) I knew something was wrong but friend of mine from USPS said it could happen... so I waited and waited and today, I couldn't take it and called USPS tracking service, they said the item is stuck in NYC because it did not enter custom and this is something needs to be done from HK's side. Gosh.... I am confused... the item is here, but they need people from HK to tell them what to do with it? WTF?

Has anyone got into similar situation like this and how did you resolve it?

Thanks! Bros!

PM will be appreciated!!!

I pre-ordered one through Ami-Ami back in November and they back ordered them rather quickly after they were sold out in a blink..I got the invoice on Thursday for the payment. Yes, over a month later but they added a discount. I paid Friday and the package arrived on Monday morning from Japan!! ( I live in the Washington DC area)total cost including shipping $335.00..I call that fantastic..

Hi all SDF-1 guys! I think I am the unlucky one who ordered one and still have not received it. I ordered it by Jan 21st from HKCollectibles.com. They shipped it quick but somehow the stupid thing landed in NYC (I am in SoCal!) I knew something was wrong but friend of mine from USPS said it could happen... so I waited and waited and today, I couldn't take it and called USPS tracking service, they said the item is stuck in NYC because it did not enter custom and this is something needs to be done from HK's side. Gosh.... I am confused... the item is here, but they need people from HK to tell them what to do with it? WTF?

Has anyone got into similar situation like this and how did you resolve it?

Thanks! Bros!

PM will be appreciated!!!

I've never heard of that but I don't do anything related to the US Postal Service. They're incompetent at best. I do everything UPS or Fed Ex, even if it costs me more, because I've never had major problems that haven't been quickly fixed after an angry phone call.

Well, maybe they can brand it as the Macross the First version.

it really wouldn't be accurate to call it that either. There are other differences to the "The First" version aside from just the Prometheus and Daedalus that would make using purely the DYRL version inaccurate as well.

well, there are a few differences... like I mentioned it is probably not cannon to stick the D and P on like that,,,although I wouldn't mind...

Take a look at the bridge betweent the two, on the DYRL version it is positioned in the middle of the raised hull section that it sits upon.

The forward nose section is raised about a two thirds towards the front, top section as opposed to flat on the DYRL version. The nose section if you can call it that is different.

Looking at them in attack mode will show some more difference, like the thruster section (feet area) etc.

Anyway,,, I am still hoping that they might release DYRL compatible D and P's.