Yamato 1/3000 SDF-1 Macross

Save

Graham. Can you please find out if Yamato can release the etchings, stickers, and parts for those that ALREADY have the completed version?

YES PLEASE!

It comes with the entire SDF-1 in kit form? :blink:

What a steal compared to the completed version.

It's only a steal if you have the skills to do a good job constructing, painting, decaling it and can make it look at least as good as the toy is and discount the time and effort necessary to do so. I think it's a reasonable discount given the amount of work it will take to assemble.

Graham. Can you please find out if Yamato can release the etchings, stickers, and parts for those that ALREADY have the completed version?

My guess and I would be happy to be wrong, but I would say they wouldn't do that. The point would be to milk the mold.

I still say they should do a Prometheus/Deadalus/TV ARMDs/Oberth class sets as an add on pack. Someone made a good point that that's how it appears on Macross The First.

I'm sure there will be someone who's getting the kit version that's willing to sell off the extra stuff. ;)

:edit:

Or hey, how about I just buy you the kit and you send me your completed toy. :p

Edited by anime52k8

I am utterly confused.

From CyberGundam's blog, he wrote that the package only includes the parts.

But in one of his images, it says "The kit consists of the entire SDF-1 and bonus resin parts".

I've asked one of the shops, and the shopowner said that the distributor said "parts only".

I've asked one of the web shops, and they replied "please refer to the images of our site". And they have that "The kit consists of the entire SDF-1 and bonus resin parts" image in the product profile.

Graham, would you please confirm?

My guess and I would be happy to be wrong, but I would say they wouldn't do that. The point would be to milk the mold.

I still say they should do a Prometheus/Deadalus/TV ARMDs/Oberth class sets as an add on pack. Someone made a good point that that's how it appears on Macross The First.

I'd so pick up that pack.

Also, even tho I'll have to pack it up for the trip back home tomorrow I broke down and pulled my 1/3000 out of the package, attached the ARMDs and transformed it. This is easily my favourite toy ever. I wish the Quarter were this solid in all modes.

I definitely wish the Quarter were as sturdy as the SDF-1... that would have been pretty amazing. To be fair though, the SDF-1 is a flying brick. The Quarter is a flying X with WAY more articulation than the SDF-1. Bandai had a bit more of a challenge on their hands. On the flip side, outside of cruiser mode, the Quarter is a heck of a lot more fun with its quasi-Daedalus attack, faux aircraft elevators, spinning gun turrets, and insane articulation. It's no where near as iconic though... gotta love how that SDF-1 looks in the background of a good display.

Oh, I definitely still love the Quarter, and the posable turrets and additional articulation are definitely great fun, but it could have used a couple more ratcheted joints. Mine can't even hold up the gun or flight deck on its own anymore.

Still, if Bandai decide to put out a 1/3000 Battle Frontier I'd nab that in a heartbeat. Or maybe we'd have to look to Yamato for a 1/3000 Battle 7 now?

If I can get one for the normal offical price (15000 yen), that would be well worth it.

However it is a 'Online Shop limited item', it is going to be much more expensive to get one outside Japan. <_<

Edited by macrossnake

Thank you very much, >EXO< & raptormesh. No luck at Tokyo Hunter nor HLJ. Locus seems to be alright.

My problem is I’ve been offered the kit by my HK Macross seller for US$310 shipped to where I´m currently living (20% for reservation). It’s not actually that bad considering that I think the toy would cost me around US$ 400 shipped, but I don’t know whether it’s a reasonable price compared to other retailers –witch don’t seem to be very abundant for this kit, actually.

Has anybody shopped at Locus before? Are they alright?

Thank you very much, >EXO< & raptormesh. No luck at Tokyo Hunter nor HLJ. Locus seems to be alright.

My problem is I’ve been offered the kit by my HK Macross seller for US$310 shipped to where I´m currently living (20% for reservation). It’s not actually that bad considering that I think the toy would cost me around US$ 400 shipped, but I don’t know whether it’s a reasonable price compared to other retailers –witch don’t seem to be very abundant for this kit, actually.

Has anybody shopped at Locus before? Are they alright?

i got my Konig Monster from them. i liked that they cut the box/carton to the exact size of the toy's box to minimize the the s/h costs... the carton is thick and sturdy and they bubblewrap the box for the toy itself.

If I can get one for the normal offical price (15000 yen), that would be well worth it.

However it is a 'Online Shop limited item', it is going to be much more expensive to get one outside Japan. <_<

It's going to be regular release by the end of the year or early next year after the hype is over. It happened, and it's gonna happen again.

Damn this kit is looking pretty good. I'm not the best painter but I could hand it off to my friend for that, I just know if I get it, within a month I'll see TV 1/3000 SDF-1 first shots!!! somewhere on this site.