Yamato 1/3000 SDF-1 Macross

Save

You know, it would be nice if Yamato had sold accessories for the 1/3000 Macross that they had already released, like they did with 1/48 VF-1 and 1/60 VF's and YF-19. I like so many others wouldn't pass up a chance to get these. Plus the first issue model should have an option to remove the cannons and place the busted cannons on, and I just noticed on the decals has a picture of Macross City for the leg section. Again why didn't they include this with the first issue they released. :huh:

What are the resin feet for? I can't seem to remember them in the movie. And why I would replace plastic ones with resin when it holds up all the weight.

It was said to represent the ending of the movie when the SDF-1 was heavily damaged in the final battle.

劇中後半で破損した主砲基部を再現するレジン製のパーツを追加。また、最終決戦のシーンで1カットのみ登場した作画バージョンとなる「角型の足裏ノズル」も再現!それぞれ通常バージョンとの選択式で組立てが可能です。

It was said to represent the ending of the movie when the SDF-1 was heavily damaged in the final battle.

劇中後半で破損した主砲基部を再現するレジン製のパーツを追加。また、最終決戦のシーンで1カットのみ登場した作画バージョンとなる「角型の足裏ノズル」も再現!それぞれ通常バージョンとの選択式で組立てが可能です。

That's really inaccurate. You see the boosters fire as the Macross charges into Bodolza's chamber and there's a flash of the feet where you can't see the boosters. But you'd assume they're still firing because of the sound. After that, you don't see the bottom half of the Macross because it's emersed in clouds or smoke until the end of the battle. The macross takes the bulk of it's damage from the Meltrandi attack at the Proroculture city where the main gun gets blown off.

post-151-0-02187500-1305404934_thumb.jpg

only part i can think of is this cut towards the ending.

I'm really not sure if this is worth the trouble (of extra cost and painting..etc) thou..

post-6978-0-68193200-1305426285_thumb.jpg

I'm really not sure if this is worth the trouble (of extra cost and painting..etc) thou..

that's what I mean. That shot comes immediately after the shot I took a capture of, so the boosters were there a second before that. So it's either animation error or the animators didn't bother putting it in because they thought the shot was so quick that it was a waste of time to draw it in. But there's no battle damage on that section of the Macross... so personally that kit to me isn't worth the trouble.

The glow in the dark decals are cool though...

Not to mention that the optional feet look like they way they did in the TV series.

They DO look like TV version feet!

However, would you go and do the TV mod conversion using this option feet? :blink:

By the time you finish it, Yamato will announce new TV version toy! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by kyekye

They DO look like TV version feet!

However, would you go and do the TV mod conversion using this option feet? :blink:

By the time you finish it, Yamato will announce new TV version toy! :lol: :lol: :lol:

actually, If I do end up getting one of these that's totally what I'm going to do with it. TV style feet and paint job. :p

Well I gave in and pre-ordered an SDF-1 kit, I didn't buy the toy version due to the price, and the fact that I'm not a huge fan of the DYRL version. I'm thinking I'll paint it TV colors, take the attachment pegs for the armds, and custom make my own Prometheus and Daedalus, then attach it to the armd pegs and have a hybrid DRYL/TV SDF-1. With that said, that's pretty much my toy budget until a tiny bit I can get together for Christmas.

if i may ask, where did you pre-order?

I unfortunately had to use evilbay, only $330USD shipped. It was a seller I've purchased from before so I think I'll be okay.

Edited by Tking22

I unfortunately had to use evilbay, only $330USD shipped. It was a seller I've purchased from before so I think I'll be okay.

ouch... Before anyone else ends up dropping WAY TOO MUCH on this thing, BBTS has it for $250 plus estimated $12 shipping to the continental US.

Edited by anime52k8

BTW, I find it hilarious that BBTS is offering their collectors grade upgrade (hand picked C9 graded box with extra packing to protect the box) for a model kit that's meant to be taken out of box and assembled, and is probably going to come in a plain white cardboard box.

BTW, I find it hilarious that BBTS is offering their collectors grade upgrade (hand picked C9 graded box with extra packing to protect the box) for a model kit that's meant to be taken out of box and assembled, and is probably going to come in a plain white cardboard box.

Well, in defense of BBTS, there are kit collectors who never actually build their kits. So the person looking for premium kit with a top quality box would might opt to purchase it with this in mind.

need some feedback guys...

recently got some extra cash that my wife allowed me to spend however I wish so I'm thinking of finally getting an SDF-1 :) . while i don't have the time, resources and talent to build the kit ver., i'm forced to consider it coz of the difference in price. ff95gj mentioned that this will be a completely unbuilt kit and not like the 1/2000 ver. which, iirc, had some of the sections built already. I will also definitely need to find somebody that can make this for me... but I kinda have trust issues :p.

so...

how happy are you guys who got the completed toy version with the yet to be released kit ver. in mind?

will it cost $100+ to commission somebody to build and detail the kit ver.?

Thanks in advance.

Well, in defense of BBTS, there are kit collectors who never actually build their kits. So the person looking for premium kit with a top quality box would might opt to purchase it with this in mind.

This behavior disturbs me! Its like building your dream home from scratch but refuse to live in it!

need some feedback guys...

recently got some extra cash that my wife allowed me to spend however I wish so I'm thinking of finally getting an SDF-1 :).

I don't understand why men needs their lover's approval to buy toys?! Is your wife wearing the pants in the relationship or something....?

This behavior disturbs me! Its like building your dream home from scratch but refuse to live in it!

I don't understand why men needs their lover's approval to buy toys?! Is your wife wearing the pants in the relationship or something....?

I think you mean it's like buying parts for your home and not building it.

It's not just approval, it's compromise. Most single guys, lounging around headless manequins, juts don't get it. :p

Actually, wouldn't it be more like buying all the materials and items to build the house (lumber, concrete, bricks, wiring, etc) and just leaving it all on an empty lot in a big pile? :p

Edit: nevermind, NB4M already said it before I refreshed the page and saw his response.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

It should cost way more, unless you want to hire someone work below minimum wage.

yeah, i figured. the $100+ is just an estimate based on the difference between the prices of the two.

man, i guess the bliss factor of a $350 toy does wear off after 3-4 months. :rolleyes: ...maybe I shouldn't get this after all.

Edited by m0n5t3r

not sure if this is news... http://www.yamato-toys.com/items/detail.php?gid=1889

Yamato seemed to have liked the idea of that guy from toysdaily who made his SDF-1 glow in the dark. let's hope the PE valk++ add-on will be next.

They're selling it separately for 800 yen?

I WANT THAT.jpg

this apparent tie-up between Yamato and HLJ and the number of web-exclusive products they've been able to sell is a good sign. now collectors are not so worried about a limited/exclusive item being announced since it will probably end up being listed on hlj and other online shops eventually. even the loads of exclusives from Bandai can be had from most stores these days. a few years ago you would've needed a proxy in Japan just to get these things...