Since Chogokin has it's own dedicated thread, I thought I'd start one for Robot Spirits figures so we don't have dozens of related threads scattered all over the forums. Here, we can discuss our Robot Spirits collections, upcoming releases, and anything else pertaining to this awesome line of mecha figures.

I started my RT (Robot Tamashii, not to be confused with Robotech) love affair with the Full Metal Panic figures, and have been extremely impressed with each and every one of them. I have all of the FMP mecha, including two next-to-impossible-to-find Savages. I just received the web-exclusive MITHRIL Emergency Booster set in the mail today and was surprised at how much it's launch catapult resembles some of the MSG Mechanical Chain Base sets. The booster itself is a nice one-size-fits-all design for all versions of the M9 and the ARX-7. In launch mode, the catapult footpads raise up between 45 and 50 degrees, resembling "starting blocks" that track runners use. Overall, it's an awesome accessory for the Side AS figures...which makes me even more excited for the Gray/White Arbalest and Weapon Set in November. I know some people hate the way Bandai releases add-ons like this as aftermarket sets, but I like being able to expand on the figures I already have in my collection.

(Photos coming soon)

I haven't ventured beyond the FMP series with these figures, but as time goes on, and Bandai adds new series to its lineup, I'm sure I'll branch out...

Love this line as well. It started with a random Gundam 00 purchase on sale at HLJ, but seeing the FMP and weighing up between Damashii and Revoltech, Bandai won. I think they nail the mecha better, more robot, less figurish ( compared to Revoltech ) if that makes sense

Wish I could find the Savages at retail price, instead of super inflated!!

So Im interested to see this launcher you are talking bout though, PICS !! =-)

Here are the pics of the Emergency Booster set. It includes the thruster assembly, the launch catapult base, 2 footpads, 2 adjustable handrails, 2 back adapters for the ARX-7, 2 alternate hands for the ARX-7, and a clear plastic "in-flight" pose arm that attaches to the base. The rear shot of the Arbalest shows how the back adapters plug in where the Lambda Driver attachments would normally be. The M9 mecha don't require the plug-in adapters to use the booster. The catapult base closely resembles the deckplates of Mechanical Chain Bases 004, 005, and 006. All in all, a really nice addition to the Side AS lineup. I used my old Nikon D50 with the busted lens, so the pics aren't all that great, so apologies all around for that. I also included a pic of one of the gray Savages I was able to snag from www.tisinc.com...possibly the only online store in the US that still had them in stock.

post-8356-127929540024_thumb.jpg

post-8356-127929540917_thumb.jpg

post-8356-127929541799_thumb.jpg

post-8356-127929542656_thumb.jpg

post-8356-127929543503_thumb.jpg

post-8356-127929544007_thumb.jpg

post-8356-127929544623_thumb.jpg

post-8356-127929545493_thumb.jpg

post-8356-12792954601_thumb.jpg

post-8356-127929546844_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cyclone Trooper

Hey, thats cool! now i want one LOL.

I would really liked to have nabbed the Sand version of Savage, but never see them around even on evilbay, for anything less than 3 times their original price! Whilst I like them a lot, not sure i would pay the same as I would for a 1/60 valk!

Very cool though, thanks for sharing =-)

• 2 years later...

Sorry to bump such an old thread but since this is the "official" one I thought I'd inquire here. I just purchased my first few figures, the Gundam Wing Leo, Space Leo, and Tallgeese...and I am stunned by how small these figures are given the price. Are they all this tiny? I certainly didn't expect something like a Chogokin or 1/6 scale figure but these are almost like cheap blister pack toys. I am stunned by some of the prices I've seen the OOP ones going for given the pieces I just received. Heck even the prices for the in print ones seem exorbitant given their scale.

• 7 months later...

Did you ever have one of the Bandai SPEC toys? I like the Robot Spirits because of the some of the mecha they're coming out with, but compared with the SPEC quality and materials it is not nearly as good IMO.

Still - if we cannot get more in the SPEC line, I appreciate them doing something.

I found the 3 L-Gaim RSs I have so lacking, I actually panel lined them up to give them some life. Something I have never done with any of my other collectables. It helped a lot...

Here are some more pics of the Robot Spirits L-Gaim Mark II:

post-8486-0-07295800-1380193100_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-12869300-1380193082_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-81014300-1380193120_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-19245900-1380193137_thumb.jpg

I honestly wish he didn't even 'transform'. The compromises they made in the legs make the whole figure unstable and too floppy.

post-8486-0-32547200-1380193169_thumb.jpg

Again - Sculpt and detail great, accessories great. Materials used, quality and feel lacking IMO.

I will try to get some pics of my panel lined version for comparison...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My new RS Wing and RX-78-2 came in today, and meh. On both.

Guess I've been spoiled by the RS Sazabi, but I'm severely underwhelmed by Wing and RX-78-2. I got them both for about $40 incl shipping, but I still think I overpaid on them. :(

Some scale-stuff with my old MSIAs and a AA battery:
DSC_5980-gmp.jpg

I hope Gouf Custom will be bigger and more tolerable than these two. I'm already thinking of cancelling on the Nu.

I'm stopping on the RS line now after I get my Gouf-Custom.

Edited by treatment

Yep, RD Sazabi is great; lots of articulation and quite stable.

I'm thinking of getting a RD Sinanju, but dunno if I should get the regular version or the animation version.

Get the animation version if you can, that's the one I have and I love it!

Here's a review for the Nu on CollectionDX if you are interested treatment. Looks like he comes with a lot of fun stuff for the price. http://www.collectiondx.com/toy_review/2012/nu_gundam

Get the animation version if you can, that's the one I have and I love it!

I just might get that version after looking at several pics. It seems like it has a bolder red than the regular version, and the big honking bazooka it comes with looks killer.

I guess I'm spoiled by the Nu Gundam Ver. Ka I build this winter. It just looks less bland than the RD one.

It's hardly fair comparing the sexy MG kit to its dinky RD counterpart, but RD's are great to have when shelf space is a commodity. That being said, I'd love to get the MG Sinanju, but that black and gold chest looks like a chore to paint and detail. And from what I've read, the gold etched linings that come with the kit are hard to work with, so I'm thinking the RD will scratch the Sinanju itch.

They are nice.

They're just not over-3000y nice. Prolly just 1200y nice at the most.

Anyway, at least I can make some lemonades out of mine... :D

RX-78-2 with Tomino's favorite realistic weapon...
DSC_6023-gmp.jpg
:bump:

and Tom Babbler makes a better updated foreground character for Wing's old dvd cover-art, dontcha think...
DSC_6049-gmp.jpg
:touche:

:D

post-263-0-48215800-1397379281_thumb.jpg

Edited by treatment

Everyone's got a hate on for RD's. well maybe RD's just don't like you. Ever thought of that? :ph34r:

I love my Wing Gundam, and all my other RD's, They're the toys I wish I had as a kid watching Gundam Wing on Toonami.

I love my RD Unicorn/Banshee/Sinanju. It's just hard for me not to compare the RD Nu Gundam to my MG. The different shades of gray and dark blue plastic is gorgeous as is the turquoise frame parts.

RD is a great as desk candy but I've been spoiled. :D

I purchased a few RDs, but for the character they had the guts to do, not because I like the quality of the line.

Had 3 L-Gaim figs and panel lined and detailed them up extensively, but just sold the lot in auction. Got an OK price. I had never panel lined a toy before, but I was so disappointed with the cheap look and feel that I forced myself to. Even after I was not that thrilled.

post-8486-0-85022400-1397496538_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-69653200-1397496562_thumb.jpg

The sculpts and extras were outstanding, but the joints, plastics (materials) and floppiness made them feel sub-par. Mark II was a limp mess new out of the box, and could hardly stand or hold his gun up. The chicks did not dig that.

But again - I got them because who is going to come out with a better Bat-Shu or G-Roon fig these days? No one.

That is the beauty of the RDs - they are cheap enough to make they can take chances and do niche characters.

Let the L-Gaims go because they did not endear themselves to my perm collection. Bandai SPEC figs use MUCH better plastics and have the metal endo-skeleton that is just supreme. They feel like collectors pieces.

RDs feel more like actual toys, but not tough ones -- that you play with for a year til they're a mess.

Still have Dunbine and Billbine. They are pretty cool but wish they had been SPECs instead . . .

post-8486-0-63451100-1397496731_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Welp! Got my Norris and SniperII today. They are somehow both really nicer and more satisfying out of the box than my Wing and RX-78. Yeah. Weird feeling.

At any rate, even as a cheap 1960y barebones RS, Sniper-II is surprisingly sweet!
DSC_6653-gmp.jpg

DSC_6654-gmp.jpg

In contrast to barebones Sniper-II, Bandai really riced out Gouf-custom with lotsa kewl parts that I'm not done trying out various combinations and stuff. It looks really good with any and all of 'em.

Here's Norris and Shiro:
DSC_6688-gmp.jpg

Friggin' excellent buy at 2450y!

:hail:

:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...