Macross Night (July 30)

For anyone in the Tokyo area, theres an all-night Macross night happening on July 30th, featuring DJs (including the lovely DJ Sou who I saw at a gig today dressed as Faye from Cowboy Bebop!).

Click on the pamphlet to enlarge.

Me, Ill be there all night and going straight to see Mari Iijima's concert at 2pm the next day. Gonna be a looooong day, lol. PM me if you are interested in coming.

For anyone in the Tokyo area, theres an all-night Macross night happening on July 30th, featuring DJs (including the lovely DJ Sou who I saw at a gig today dressed as Faye from Cowboy Bebop!).

Click on the pamphlet to enlarge.

Me, Ill be there all night and going straight to see Mari Iijima's concert at 2pm the next day. Gonna be a looooong day, lol. PM me if you are interested in coming.

Wow Mari seems to like flying back and forth to Japan quite frequently. Wasn't she just in LA doing a show at Benihana or something?

• 3 weeks later...

Well guys, just got back and am currently trying my darndest to stay awake until I head off to the Mari Iijima concert in a couple of hours.

So how was the all-night Macross Night? I didnt go in expecting all that much but goddamn it ROCKED!

post-9325-128053626153_thumb.jpg

Save and I were the only two Macross Worlders representin' at this particular event. It was basically a gathering of Macross fans and cosplayers to mingle, get drunk, groove to some Macross tunes and just celebrate all things Macross.

There were a lot more cosplayers than I had expected and most of them were more than willing to talk about their history with Macross and how they made their costumes. There were a lot of Rankas and Sherryls on stage, dancing along to various Frontier songs, a pair of Minmays and a pair of Basaras, as well as one very special cosplayer who came all the way down from GUNMA! (a 100km+ train ride) after work to rock out as RAY!

Some highlights:

THIS is what happens when you give Ranka beer ^^;

post-9325-128053628122_thumb.jpg

General vibe on the dance floor.

post-9325-128053655824_thumb.jpg

ARRRGH! Get the mic away from Gamlin!

post-9325-128053658967_thumb.jpg

SAVE is a little wary of strange manthing Minmay. Is it a trap? (actually ...no, it was actually a girl ^^;)

post-9325-128053662883_thumb.jpg

But he likes the cute Minmay with the blue contact lenses much better methinks ;-)

post-9325-12805366888_thumb.jpg

Sherryl seems to have misplaced her drinking money.... (This is DJ Sou - she also performs at Yoko Kanno parties dressed as Faye Valentine)

post-9325-128053670653_thumb.jpg

And of course Basara just wants to rock out.

post-9325-128053672236_thumb.jpg

BOMBAAAAAAAAAA!

post-9325-128053673981_thumb.jpg

A great start to the weekend! Got home at about 7:30am. Now, must drink more coffee!

Edited by Tochiro

wow cool, probably someones only chance to nanpa Minmay, Sheryl or Ranka! Please size down your pice though!

Well, I thought the pics got slightly downsized automatically by the uploader? When Im in a rush I dont really have time to go through and do em one by one, sorry.

And as for the nanpa - oh you have no idea ;-) lol.

But anyways, did u notice what Rays headband was made of? Red chopsticks! lol.

Cool pics! Did anyone take a vid? If so, can you post a link? Thanks!

Ahahaha, none that shall ever be posted Im afraid. Pics are one thing, but to me, posting vids of something like this crosses certain privacy boundaries of those involved, sorry.