Mari Iijima at 2nd Street Jazz in Little Tokyo tonight

Hello Everyone!

Mari Iijima is opening a band showcase tonight at Matsumoto's 2nd Street Jazz in Little Tokyo! I just found out about this a couple of hours ago, and it totally took me by surprise, as we do regular J-Pop club events there, we just had one on Sunday as a matter of fact!!

Cover is $5, with drink ticket included. She'll be going on at 8 PM, so get there early!!

Here's the event page:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=128864967143506

2nd Street Jazz is located at 366 E 2nd Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012. There are parking garages nearby, and street parking as well (though I'd recommend not parking south of 3rd street). Anybody who lives in the area and has been to Little Tokyo is probably aware of this.

-Greg

Hello! I was able to get down there (had to hurry!). She started her performance at 8 PM sharp, and did the first few songs on the grand piano that's in the bar. It's a small, intimate environment (2nd Street Jazz is sort of a jazz/punk bar hybrid...they host traditional jazz nights, but now are more known for hosting rock and hip hops shows, Judo Chop and other Asian rock showcases, and our own J-Pop night, Tune in Tokyo).

She talked to the audience a bit, played an instrumental piece, and (of note to Macross fans) performed a piano version of Ai Oboete Imasuka. The set was about 30 minutes.

I wish her performance could have been scheduled later, and could have been longer. I knew a lot of people who would have liked to see her.

For me, it was a real treat. I had the privilege of attending the Macross Frontier concert at Anime Expo last week, which was amazing, and capped it off with seeing Maru Iijima in neighborhood bar in Little Tokyo. It was awesome!

My friend, who works in Jrock media, took some pics. I'll share them when she's ready to release them.

-Greg