Robot Tamashii Savage Figure

Anyone who's seen my thread in the Wanted forum knows that I've been searching around for a Robot Tamashii Savage figure. These particular enemy mecha have been nonexistent on nearly all online e-tailer sites, so, as a last resort, I went on eBay this morning and found this...wacko.gif

Robot Spirits FMP Savage

Apparently frogs wearing medieval armor are ridiculously popular among collectors to be fetching prices that high. Oh...wait...its on SALE! blink.gif

Edited by Cyclone Trooper

Anyone who's seen my thread in the Wanted forum knows that I've been searching around for a Robot Tamashii Savage figure. These particular enemy mecha have been nonexistent on nearly all online e-tailer sites, so, as a last resort, I went on eBay this morning and found this...wacko.gif

Robot Spirits FMP Savage

Apparently frogs wearing medieval armor are ridiculously popular among collectors to be fetching prices that high. Oh...wait...its on SALE! blink.gif

That's a ridiculous price. The price would make sense if it was in Japanese currency. Perhaps the seller got his currency mixed up.

See the same Robot Damashii Savage on Yahoo Japan here : http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k130378653

Edited by Vifam7

It's a fantastic figure, one of my favorites actually, but that price can't be right.

Have you checked AmiAmi? I thought they had some last time I looked. There is also a blue/white version that should be coming out soon.

I left a question with the seller about the price of the figure out of sheer morbid curiosity, just to see what kind of pull-it-out-of-his-ass answer I get about how uber-rare it is to justify the $1k price point. Can't wait to see what kind of answer I get. Hopefully you're right, Vifam7...this is an input error on the seller's part. But if not, then good luck to the seller with unloading it! This single RT figure could buy 5 Yammie VF-1s!

eriku, I've checked all the usual haunts (AmiAmi, Hobby Search, HLJ, Angolz, HKCollectibles, etc.) with no luck. The FMP hero mecha are in stock with relative abundance. I have no problem finding the Arbalest, the Melissa Mao M9, the Kurtz M9, or the M9 Faulk. But I already have all of those figures. But tracking down a Savage has proved to be next to impossible. I'm on more than one "email me when they're back in stock" email list for the Savage. I found only one site located in Spain that still has them in stock, but they're going for around $110.00 each after the currency exchange...and that's before shipping! The most I've paid for a RT figure has been around $60, including shipping.

eriku, I've checked all the usual haunts (AmiAmi, Hobby Search, HLJ, Angolz, HKCollectibles, etc.) with no luck. The FMP hero mecha are in stock with relative abundance. I have no problem finding the Arbalest, the Melissa Mao M9, the Kurtz M9, or the M9 Faulk. But I already have all of those figures. But tracking down a Savage has proved to be next to impossible. I'm on more than one "email me when they're back in stock" email list for the Savage. I found only one site located in Spain that still has them in stock, but they're going for around $110.00 each after the currency exchange...and that's before shipping! The most I've paid for a RT figure has been around $60, including shipping.

There's another one on ebay for a saner price. Though still a bit jacked up IMO. http://cgi.ebay.com/Robot-Soul-036-Figure-Full-Metal-Panic-Savage-Sand-/160441899186?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item255b1518b2

Or you could buy the one I linked to on Yahoo Japan by using a deputy service like Celga or Crescent-shop to get it. After all the extra service charges and whatnot, it might be a few bucks cheaper than the one I linked to on Ebay.

Edited by Vifam7

This seller is apparently tisinc99.com. Upon enlarging the photo of the figure on the eBay auction, it gave me the direct link to Treasure Island Sports, Inc.'s website. On a whim, I went to the website...and guess what? Savages in stock! I just ordered two gray versions for $30 each plus got UPS 2nd Day Air shipping...so my grand total was still under $84.00 US. The auction HAS to be a misprint. I'm a happy camper now!