Macross AMVs

Ishimaru

Hello guys, I'm here again from last year and I hope you all enjoyed my Frontier video. But rest assured I did make another Macross related video, I hope it's full of awesome because I put a lot of effort into this one.

You can all check it out here.

I'll edit the post once I get a direct upload ready for those that don't have a membership to the site, but a preview is available. And oh this did not make it into the AMV Contest for AX this year, hence why I'm posting. It had some technical flaws when I sent it in. But the video right now is clear of them. Chances are it will hit make the preshow at the Nokia :(, hence why I wanted it get in so badly so I can compete.

Edited by Ishimaru

• 2 weeks later...

It's cool!! Very good job!!

Surprinsingly for me, the image quality is superb for an '80 cartoon. Actually I'm not a huge fan of Basara... ok, I'm no fan of Basara at all (yeah, every time I see him all I can thin of is to kick him in the... well...).

So, nice job anyway! It really reminds me I have to see Mac7. The whole thing. I got to give a chance. You know, "hate it or love it" ^_^º

One last thing: very good job with the timing! I don't want to think the amount of time you might have spent with it, neither the amount of time you needed to get the "we built this city" chorus out of your head... :-)

Kind regards,

Manu

Hahaha, that was great. It fits the "Fire Bomber way" perfectly, and it was edited really well. I enjoyed it a lot. Great timing and work. Thanks for sharing it here. The only thing is, now I have that song stuck in my head and it won't come out.

I keep hearing people say that "We Built This City" was one of the worst songs ever. I tend to disagree, as I consider it to be one of those iconic songs from the 80's that reminds me of that glorious decade.

Good song choice, as Jasonc has already mentioned. The picture quality was pretty top-notch and you did a good job on timing some of the events of the song with your video.

I keep hearing people say that "We Built This City" was one of the worst songs ever. I tend to disagree, as I consider it to be one of those iconic songs from the 80's that reminds me of that glorious decade.

Good song choice, as Jasonc has already mentioned. The picture quality was pretty top-notch and you did a good job on timing some of the events of the song with your video.

I keep looking at my avatar here, and keep imagining that I'm singing "We Built This City", although that wasn't the song I was doing in that picture. Here I am, a couple hours later, and it's still there.

Thanks for all the opinions guys, I'm glad you all enjoyed it, thought no one like it after being impatient with the posts. Also I did use the remastered version of the show which would explain the picture quality. I wish I've taken the time to fix the lip syncing in some parts, and god dammit there's a typo in the credit's if anyone noticed it. But oh well, you guys like it and I'm guessing that's enough.

Basically the idea came like this. Awful Song + Awful Anime = Awesome Combination

Two minuses equals a negative. :p

I'll be tossing this video around several AMV contests. Hopefully this can also be shown at MW Con 2010 along with Valhalla. I'll finally be there this time!

Edited by Ishimaru