1/2000 SDF-1 CUSTOMISED

vf_1s

Even in my better days, I couldn't make something like this. Since I'm here in MW, I NEVER felt so impressed, so thrilled. Man, I'm so jelous! This is a true Masterpice. As Takatoys said, your model should be in each and every Model-kits magazine. Congratulations from the bottom of my heart, and from now, one of my dreams is to see this beauty in person... in fact, if I were Miyakate, I would fly to your house right now.

PD: Thank you for posting so many pictures, but if you could post a few bigger, it should be great!

PD2: Why did you post this in the Toys section? This is a model kit! (even if it was made by a toys factory)

Thanks again for all the comments! This is what gives me Motivation to do things like this. From the bottom of my heart too, this is my salute to the Macross world forum. When I was building the kit, I find wm cheng's step by step on the launch arm very useful. Also RedLion's built up on the Card Model A.R.M.D. was another great reference to the coloring of the ARMD. Long story short, I spend hours and hours finding great references in the MW forum. Thanks!

p.s. I will try to post bigger pictures in the weekend. Is there a size limit?

p.s. 2 who is Miyakate?

Thanks

Pat

Edited by vf_1s

Thanks again for all the comments! This is what gives me Motivation to do things like this. From the bottom of my heart too, this is my salute to the Macross world forum. When I was building the kit, I find wm cheng's step by step on the launch arm very useful. Also RedLion's built up on the Card Model A.R.M.D. was another great reference to the coloring of the ARMD. Long story short, I spend hours and hours finding great references in the MW forum. Thanks!

p.s. I will try to post bigger pictures in the weekend. Is there a size limit?

p.s. 2 who is Miyakate?

Thanks

Pat

Pat, this is probably the most fantastic build/custom of anything i've ever seen on MacrossWorld. The detail level is AMAZING and i love all the extras you put onto it. My favorite is the Macross city with the screen shot of Minmay in the background. It's just an incredible amount of work you've done and i'm happy you posted so many pics in all the different modes.

Kudos and congrats for such a fantastic build! I think this needs to get front page on MacrossWorld. Or all the 1/2000 builds! This is just an amazing kit and those lucky enough to have one and have the skills to do it justice, i tip my hat to you. =]

now bring it to MW Con and be worshipped like a GOD!!! haha =P

That is THE most beautiful SDF-1 DYRL I have ever and will ever see. Bravo!! I truly envy the owner(Guard that thing with your life, good sir!). As far as I'm concerned, it is the custom to end all customs and is worthy of THE first entry into the Macross Hall of Fame (whenever someone decides that there should be one, that is). Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how much this thing cost from beginning to end. I know the number will be astronomical but knowing will help me sleep at night.

** When jaw meets floor. **

Floor : Err.. how long you plan to stay?

Jaw : aaoooaaaoaaoaaaa... (translated: Shut up, can't talk now!)

Floor : Clean up your saliva when you're done.

Thank you for sharing.

300px-Female_officer_saluting.jpg

Edited by ikhii

I wouldn't say that, Kurt. Just a different interpretation. Both are great!

I agree, I think Kurt did a great job too! I know you have very little reference to work with, and you did a great job in interpretating the SDF-1! I especially like how you have turn the small gates of the ARMD into a yellow and orange light. It does give the impression that it is a busy place. Also, the red circle around the bridge and lower body was another great touch. I thought of doing that, it is actually more animate accurate, but it was too bright for my ship, it draws all the attention away from the small white rectangle. Again, you painted the inside of the red circle black, and that tones the red back down, great move!

That is THE most beautiful SDF-1 DYRL I have ever and will ever see. Bravo!! I truly envy the owner(Guard that thing with your life, good sir!). As far as I'm concerned, it is the custom to end all customs and is worthy of THE first entry into the Macross Hall of Fame (whenever someone decides that there should be one, that is). Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how much this thing cost from beginning to end. I know the number will be astronomical but knowing will help me sleep at night.

Don't quote me for this, but if I remember right, the kit cost me $2300 Cdn, and shipping was only $130 Cdn (which is less than I thought), paints and supplies may be another $200? Time and trying to plan for the steps is probably the more difficult part. To be honest, it was very hard to force yourself back to the work bench day after day (120+ days...), especially after work and other stuff with the family. In the end, it was more like a job than enjoyment. But I know if I stop, it will never be finished, so I had to do it. And I know this is what I wanted... But seeing that you guys liked it so much, I think it is worth it in the end. If anyone wants to know how to make any of the parts, pls let me know. I wil be happy to share it with you guys. Lastly, if I wanted to share this in a magazine, does anyone have any connection that I can send the pictures to? For one, I can't communicate in Japanese... Anyway, it is not a big deal; having it in MW is already good enough for me.

Thanks for all the support

Pat

That is the greatest model I have ever seen.

This ought to be featured in Hobby Japan or something. :o

You know what? I would definitely pay $500 for something like this, if Yamato had mass produced it at that price (though I'm sure it wouldn't be quite as awesome!). :blink:

WOW!! :o

I don't think I can add anything more that hasn't already been said.

Your acute attention to detail, the level of thought you put into your modifications and touches, and the amount of time and effort you put into this SDF-1 truly shines through.

Awesome, AWESOME job!!

Wow! What can I say that hasn't been said before?! It is truly awesome and inspiring. I am so glad that the good people here at MW are actually building this masterpiece and doing it great justice. I was pining away for this kit, but when I saw the price tag, I just couldn't even entertain the thought - I also thought that everyone who could afford it would just squirrel it away for investment and keep in packaged up. I am so glad that you all built it and did such a wonderful job at it and shared it with all of us! I am truly envious.

Did you mention Cdn prices? Are you in Toronto? If so, I'd love to meet up and admire it in person.

Very impressive indeed.

Can I post this SDF-1 to other forums? I will need to upload a few selected photos in an external host for preview, with a link to this thread since outside people can't see the photos until they register on this forum. I can add a "vf_1s @ macrossworld" watermark to the photos before hosting. I think I will post on hkml.net, toysdaily.com and hobbyfanatics.com .

Edited by CF18