Yamato 1/60 VF-22S Thread

VF5SS

Make what fit in Battroid? The valk comes with stand adapters for all three modes for use with the yamato stands.

But the 21/22 will stand just fine on battroid on its own

_DSC4566.jpg

HOLY SNAP!! really - please help me, I been stuck trying to figure out how.... FOR 1 HOUR!! I just see no way to make it fit, I even unscrewed something, can someone hunt a pic or please provide graphical evidence as to how to fit one in a yammie stand..??

HOLY SNAP!! really - please help me, I been stuck trying to figure out how.... FOR 1 HOUR!! I just see no way to make it fit, I even unscrewed something, can someone hunt a pic or please provide graphical evidence as to how to fit one in a yammie stand..??

_DSC4568-1.jpg

just make sure the little tab on the adapter (what the arrow is pointed at) clicks onto the corresponding bit on the 21/22 and it'll then have a 3 pt attachment and be nice and secure.

Man, you all are a disbelieving lot, aren't you :lol:

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e11/eugimon/_DSC4569.jpg

it just pegs right in, nothing fancy.

yeah, but I think you know that's not really the yammie-arm or the yammie-block.

that's the yf-21 stand that came from the first-ed, which is the clear-version of the black sv-51 stand.

i was hoping you got the a pic of the 21/22 battroid adapted on the yammie-arm or the yammie-block.

yeah, but I think you know that's not really the yammie-arm or the yammie-block.

that's the yf-21 stand that came from the first-ed, which is the clear-version of the black sv-51 stand.

i was hoping you got the a pic of the 21/22 battroid adapted on the yammie-arm or the yammie-block.

I concur - I need to fit either THAT or something else IN A YAMMIE ARM

oh, that's what you mean by the "yammie arm". hmm, I don't have either so I really don't have an answer for that. :(

edit: there's a little slot in front of the round default stand peg slot. So I wonder if there was supposed to be a little adapter piece that was supposed to go into the rectangular slot to make it work with the other stands?

Edited by eugimon

well I call it yamato arm stand, most of the forum from what I have read call it "yammie" arm - anyhow, any stands out there that will fit in Battroid mode? I been going crazy trying to make it stand in the yammie arm - and yeah, I don't have that stand in that picture - anywhere where they sell that stand?

I almost feel like I got "yamatoed" I really thought the yammie arm would fit all modes, I feel so much better about forking $80 for that Macross Frontier Stand.....Why would Yamato put out a stand that can't fit ALL modes....unless someone got a perfect stand - I hereby declare my hate for Yamato...

well I call it yamato arm stand, most of the forum from what I have read call it "yammie" arm - anyhow, any stands out there that will fit in Battroid mode? I been going crazy trying to make it stand in the yammie arm - and yeah, I don't have that stand in that picture - anywhere where they sell that stand?

The big stand only come with YF-21 (first package) and Sv-51. It is a good stand but it take a lot of space.

I have made some experiment with the arm stand and YF-21 B-mode adapter. It is not hard to make them connect since both side have a rectangular hole.

1st way is to use two 2L or 3L Lego technic axle. I only tried 2L here but 3L will be more securer

post-467-0-36381500-1306544578_thumb.jpgpost-467-0-09297100-1306544584_thumb.jpgpost-467-0-76515000-1306544589_thumb.jpg

2nd way is to use a 3L Lego plate. One end is good fit on the stand but the other end will need sanding down to fit the adapter.

post-467-0-51769700-1306544676_thumb.jpg

Just wanted to ask, do the VF-22 faceplates "click" into place during transformation? The only one that I find that does that is the YF-21. I just want it lower, I don't want the 22s looking "up".

Just wanted to ask, do the VF-22 faceplates "click" into place during transformation? The only one that I find that does that is the YF-21. I just want it lower, I don't want the 22s looking "up".

If yours are looking up, it sounds like you don't have the upper cockpit section slid down far enough or at all.

• 3 weeks later...

I just received my YF-21 last week from HLJ's Summer sale (got the FastPack parts and fold booster as well), but this beautiful (HUGE) Valk is a pain to transform... Well, luckily my vacation is coming, just 3 more days working. I'll be able to proper figire out the toy, and hopefully take some pics of my collection. Only one I need now is the VF-0, and perhaps the YF-19. And of course the VF-17!!

Amigos

Hace poco me hice de una YF 21 esc. 1/60. Es la versión que no trae el stand de la primera edición 1/60 que apareció.

La mia viene sin stand y el accesorio (el de la 1ra edicion tampoco es compatible con los stand que menciono mas adelante pero como incluye un stand propio no hay problemas) que trae para poder colocarlo en ese stand en modo battroid no es compatible ni con el Mighty Block Yamato Display Stand ni con el Macross Display Stand for Valkyrie mas conocido por los coleccionistas de figuras Macross Yamato.

Asi que di con esta solución parche que me ha funcionado, pero si alguien conoce alguna mejor que la diga o de el link.

Paso 1: Tener un Mighty Block Stand o un Macross Display Stand. Da lo mismo cualquiera de los 2. Yo hice una fusión entre un Mighty Block Stand y un Macross Display Stand. Por que no use solo el MDS?? Por que lo tengo ocupado con otra Valkyrie. :laugh:

En fin. Colocar el Mighty Stand y usar la pieza Nº 06 del MDS (pieza azul de arriba).

oksfix.jpg

160slrt.jpg

Paso 2: (Este paso es obvio, pero no esta demás explicarlo) Colocar la pieza que trae la YF 21 en el culo de la misma. Esta pieza es una mierda, ya que, como comentaba en el primer párrafo, no es compatible ni con MBS ni con MDS.

34fh69w.jpg

Paso 3: Teniendo lo del paso 1 y 2 listo se procede a montar la Valkyrie en el stand y listo. OJO: El YF 21 va sobrepuesto en el stand, así que cuidado que no queda enganchado. Deben inclinar el stand en un ángulo de unos -20º para que la figura - por gravedad - no se salga de su sitio.- Y podrán posear su figura sin problemas como lo hice yo.

2q33ddv.jpg

My VF-22 Max already had problems with a loose right wing. So far, I only transformed it twice and I had to do a remedy to it since I'm on OC guy.

Tightening nor loosening the screws couldn't fix it, so I had to place some Blu-Tack on the gaps beneath the joint to prevent it from moving down.

IMG_7596.jpg

I just received my YF-21 last week from HLJ's Summer sale (got the FastPack parts and fold booster as well), but this beautiful (HUGE) Valk is a pain to transform... Well, luckily my vacation is coming, just 3 more days working. I'll be able to proper figire out the toy, and hopefully take some pics of my collection. Only one I need now is the VF-0, and perhaps the YF-19. And of course the VF-17!!

This is why I use youtube to help me. Loads of transforming videos out there. I just pause and watch how they do it step by step. I remember when I first got my old 1/72 yf-21 and I was stuck for ages trying to figure out how to get the thing from mode to mode. Now it's pretty easy. But when you get something for the first time you can't see internally where things are connecting and how they are connected. You wonder what will happen and if you will snap something accidentally. I do this for all my transformers (not as risky since they are much cheaper) now heh.

I use blutack on any figure that can't hold thier gunpod in place. The pegs in the palm of current toys eliminate that need now.

For smaller toys I just stuff tiny tissue paper in the areas to add friction. Did this with the transforming revoltech vf-1 on one of the shoulder armors. (yeah I bought one just out of curiosity :p This toy is way better than the non-transforming revoltechs imo. You just need loads of patience transforming it because some bits go out of alignment easily but the final form is ok. (just leave it in bot mode, fighter mode is not the focus)

So, I don't have any variations of the 21/22 valkyrie, so I have been pondering buying one. I did have one question for all you owners out there though. I was reading the yf-21 review @ anymoon.com (Best macross model related site on the web imho!), and Micronion, who I believe is Jenius here on MW, mentioned something about a "delimiter" mode in his review.

I know Guld did some crazy maneuvers in "delimiter" mode in the anime, but how exactly is that reflected in the toy. IIRC, the plane doesn't actually change in any way when its in delimited mode, save for performance changes. Does anyone have pictures of the model's "delimiter mode"?

on the toy you just detach the legs from the hip joint block. it kinda looks stupid coz the whole underside of the plane is 'empty' and the main thrusters obviously don't connect to anything.

when i disassembled my YF-21 a year ago for some joint maintenance i removed the legs but disassembled the bottom plates from the legs and attached them in fighter mode.

on the toy you just detach the legs from the hip joint block. it kinda looks stupid coz the whole underside of the plane is 'empty' and the main thrusters obviously don't connect to anything.

when i disassembled my YF-21 a year ago for some joint maintenance i removed the legs but disassembled the bottom plates from the legs and attached them in fighter mode.

Aww...thats it? I thought there would be more to it than that :( Oh well, maybe I will pick this up after I buy a yf-19 then :D

I agree with you there m0n5t3r, but the yf-19 is one of my all time favorite designs within Macross. Truth be told, I started buying Yamato stuff this year, so I technically haven't "waited" very long though :D. I might as well quench my thirst with a bundle pack (which I heard had fewer issues than the standard release) of the yf-19. If a reissue is annouced, I believe Graham has stated that it won't be for a while (considering release of repaints as well as the new VF-17, and any impending future releases after that)...

Anywho, back on topic :)

• 9 years later...