Yamato 1/60 VF-22S Thread

VF5SS

For those of you who missed out the first time around, all three variants of the VF-22 will be re-issued in August along with the VF-11C

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-132185-1-1.html

So much for being exclusive! I hope the prices will come down.

Actually I think they went up...the solicited prices are 19,740 yen. Wasn't the original MSRP 18,880 yen?

Now waiting for the custom heat sheild.

VF22029.jpg

I think you forgot to slide the cockpit down. I think not sliding it down might stress some parts actually. One time I forgot to slide it down and I had a hell of a time trying to get it corrected.

Is it true that in Battroid the front part of the cockpit (the nosecone in fighter mode) can be angled?

What do you mean by angled?

Edited by MacrossJunkie

[quote name='MacrossJunkie' date='19 July 2010 - 12:49 PM' timestamp='1279561752' post='862168'

What do you mean by angled?

I've seen in certain review pictures the nosecone in battroid seems slightly bent outward, implying that in can be moved somehow. If I find the pictures in my hard disk I'll try to post them.

I've seen in certain review pictures the nosecone in battroid seems slightly bent outward, implying that in can be moved somehow. If I find the pictures in my hard disk I'll try to post them.

Ah ok. No there isn't any way to bend the nosecone outwards. Right from the area where the fuselage separates to reveal the head, the piece underneath is basically a solid piece from the joint to the tip of the nose. There wouldn't be any way to angle out the nose cone. I think it might just be a trick of the camera angle combined with the cockpit moved down to give that impression.

Like in this pic, I can see how it might look like it's angled out slightly, but it really isn't. It's just the cockpit section slid down to make the nose shorter, but the side effect is that the cockpit is angled in a little bit.

post-10222-127956328348_thumb.jpg

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Ah ok. No there isn't any way to bend the nosecone outwards. Right from the area where the fuselage separates to reveal the head, the piece underneath is basically a solid piece from the joint to the tip of the nose. There wouldn't be any way to angle out the nose cone. I think it might just be a trick of the camera angle combined with the cockpit moved down to give that impression.

Like in this pic, I can see how it might look like it's angled out slightly, but it really isn't. It's just the cockpit section slid down to make the nose shorter, but the side effect is that the cockpit is angled in a little bit.

post-10222-127956328348_thumb.jpg

Thant's what confused me, thanks.

• 1 month later...

Ok, I know I'm behind the times here, but I just ordered my 22 Gamlin.

I'd held off because of the 21. While she looks great out of the box in fighter and i liked the battroid bode, I HATED the transform back to fighter. In fact I snapped one of the small interlocking bellyplate pegs off trying it. Eventually i got close enough, put it ona shelf and never did it again.

But i was playign around on the weekend and foolishly transformed it. I struggled to transform for awhile, and then in desperation came here to search for help. i was eventually directed to a youtube video....and it clicked! i saw what I was doing wrong and why things didnt fit! i followed the guide, and she was back! Lookin just as sleek as the first time. i shifted baack and forth a few times and managed to achieve good fighter mode each time!!!

So Im in love for the first time and want more. Gamlins the cheapest, but if the love continues i may just have to cave and get Max and Milia!

And yeah there's no thread for these guys that I could see, so I made one :)

Ok, I know I'm behind the times here, but I just ordered my 22 Gamlin.

I'd held off because of the 21. While she looks great out of the box in fighter and i liked the battroid bode, I HATED the transform back to fighter. In fact I snapped one of the small interlocking bellyplate pegs off trying it. Eventually i got close enough, put it ona shelf and never did it again.

But i was playign around on the weekend and foolishly transformed it. I struggled to transform for awhile, and then in desperation came here to search for help. i was eventually directed to a youtube video....and it clicked! i saw what I was doing wrong and why things didnt fit! i followed the guide, and she was back! Lookin just as sleek as the first time. i shifted baack and forth a few times and managed to achieve good fighter mode each time!!!

So Im in love for the first time and want more. Gamlins the cheapest, but if the love continues i may just have to cave and get Max and Milia!

And yeah there's no thread for these guys that I could see, so I made one :)

youtube has saved my butt loads of times when I forgot how to transform something.

Now that you brought it up, I'm going to hunt for all the transformation videos that are out there and save them to HDD in case I ever need to refer to them again.

I see yamato toys as more like display pieces so I barely ever transform them or play with them. Once I get them in my fave mode I leave them alone for ages and then after a time I just forget how I got them into that mode haha

I transform Gamlin fine, but my YF-21 always gives me a devil of a time. Not only is my T-bar cracked/broken/chipped to hell (and was somewhere in the first couple transformations) but now I broke off one of the backpack thrusters (sheered off the screw). It presses and mostly stays on and back in fighter, probably for good. <_<

But yeah, my Gamlin is still my favorite Valk, easily. Love the design. I kinda want to get another one to leave in Battroid cause I love the fighter so much. Kinda want a Max, but more interested in getting a couple VF-11C at this point.

looks very cool.

Way better than the dark blue used for the yf-21 in macross plus anime I reckon.

Ivanov sv-51 and gamlin vf-22 are two of my faves.

I think that cyborg guy in macross frontier should have had a black painted vf-27 not the pink colour. Pink sniper. Who's idea was that?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker