Yamato 1/60 VF-22S Thread

VF5SS

Some pics of Mr. Gamlin!! (playing around with my new camera) Luvv it!! :lol:

btw....can anybody tell me what episode or where I can see this piece of Valk awesomeness in action?????? Tried searching YouTube but no luck.... :(

It's in the Mac7 Dynamite OVA.

I just ordered a 1/60 YF-21 from Overdrive(finally!) and would love a VF-22 as Hobby Link is having a reduced shipping sale. I just have no idea which one to get. I already have Milia's Queadlunn-Rau with figure and her VF-1 but no Max at all yet. I might just get the Milia VF-22 and finish out all the aircraft she has flown the work on Max.

All these pics of Max's VF-22S plus the sale on HLJ and 70% off shipping have completely eroded my resolve to not get another VF-22.

I put in an order for Max's bird and with its arrival I'll have more YF-21/VF-22s in my collection than any other VF in 1/60 scale.

Now to figure out how I'm going to make room for it in my display cabinets...

I know the feeling. My YF-21 came in from the clearance sale on Overdrive, and it is an impressive piece compelling me to buy a VF-22S. HJL has that 70% off shipping sale makes the Max and Milia a tough choice for me.

Finally got my Gamlin yesterday. It's a lot darker than the photos made it look. I was very happy to find that out. Pretty cool looking. Now that Max 22 is calling to me... ugh, I don't have any more shelf space to keep these things on!

I got my gamlin yesterday too. Unfortunately, the nose cone coloring is a little different, especially under dim light. The other thing is that my right wing hinge was cracked out of the box. =/. I guess this is where I contact HLJ -_-

Edited by Cent

I got my gamlin yesterday too. Unfortunately, the nose cone coloring is a little different, especially under dim light. The other thing is that my right wing hinge was cracked out of the box. =/. I guess this is where I contact HLJ -_-

Wow, cracked? That sucks man. I guess I should check mine to see if I have one too. I noticed my left wing seems a little loose and will easily fall if it gets tapped. I didn't notice any discoloration on mine. I seem to be getting pretty lucky with all of my valks so far. No shoulder exploding on my Hikaru VF-1A DYRL or VF-1J with the armor (yet), and both of the VF-11C's have legs that stay connected to the body.

Yea its just straight up split out of the box. Ill try to post a pic of it later. Neither of the wings are loose though... Ironically, I'd say that the cracked hinge is actually tighter than the other one. >_>

I felt like I was going to rip the wings off my Max type just getting it out of the damn box, and I am seriously gentle whenever I remove these things from their packaging. The wings are now slightly loose. I appreciate Yamato's effort to keep things in check during shipping but the packaging doesn't have to be fort knox for pete's sake.

Gamlin's VF-22S is still my favorite valkyrie. I do wanna get an M7 Max but am also hoping they'll do an F-22 schemed Low-viz non-canon design.

I noticed my left wing seems a little loose and will easily fall if it gets tapped.

You might wanna tighten (or loosen) the screw found inside the left landing gear bay. Other posters here have indicated that this helps to fix a floppy wing.

You might wanna tighten (or loosen) the screw found inside the left landing gear bay. Other posters here have indicated that this helps to fix a floppy wing.

That's what i'm experiencing with one of the wings of the 21. Thanks for the tip, will try it out later on.

Thanks for the tip, I'll check that tonight when I get home from work.

I was never a big fan of the YF-21 and by association the VF-22.

It was only a couple of weeks ago that I got the DX 27 which I had had on order since March or so, and then the following day or so got the VF-22 out of impulse. For a while I was torn over which toy was better. All things considered, I have to say the 22 is much nicer.

Thanks, VF5SS, for pushing me off that fence. The grass is much greener on this side. ^_^

post-1318-127807875373_thumb.jpg

post-1318-127807876951_thumb.jpg

I was never a big fan of the YF-21 and by association the VF-22.

It was only a couple of weeks ago that I got the DX 27 which I had had on order since March or so, and then the following day or so got the VF-22 out of impulse. For a while I was torn over which toy was better. All things considered, I have to say the 22 is much nicer.

Thanks, VF5SS, for pushing me off that fence. The grass is much greener on this side. ^_^

Hey how did you get the gun pods to stay on?! That looks cool. I plan on getting a 21/22 eventually. Maybe 1 of each. Always liked the design...it's like a QRau mated to a Valky.

Just a little heads up, I don't know if anyone has noticed this before, but I don't think the clear lenses for the wing lights have actually been glued down on any of my YF-21/VF-22s.

I went to pick up my Max the other day, and happened to lift under one of those lights, and it just popped off. After checking those pieces on my M&Ms and YF-21, it looks like none of them have those two clear pieces glued down.

I wouldn't call it a problem, since they stay on fine from friction, but they will come out of the wing with the right pressure from above or below. I'd just keep that in mind when handling them, since those pieces would probably be pretty easy to lose.

like you guys i love the YF21 but for some reason i just cant learn to like Yamato's versions. its form lacks the intensity & aggressiveness, imo. this prevented me from buying them.

yf21.jpg

if only yamato could make a some sort of revisions like the above pic then i will buy day one. but for now my YF19 will be lonely.

like you guys i love the YF21 but for some reason i just cant learn to like Yamato's versions. its form lacks the intensity & aggressiveness, imo. this prevented me from buying them.

yf21.jpg

if only yamato could make a some sort of revisions like the above pic then i will buy day one. but for now my YF19 will be lonely.

I think out of that dstance garage kit and the Yamato toy, I'd pick the Yamato version. The model may have a more dynamic look in battroid mode, but it's achieved at great expense of the fighter mode, imho. The model's fighter mode is just terrible. The neck is way, way too long, the nose is stubby, intakes are too thick and rounded, etc. It was definitely designed with battroid mode being its primary emphasis.

Yamato designed its YF-21 with the fighter mode being the emphasis. However, I think it still achieves a good battroid and gerwalk mode as well and so it seems to be a much better balanced design overall. I guess if there had been a custom VF-22 employed in Sound Force, I'm sure Yamato would have put more emphasis into the battroid mode vs fighter as they are doing with the VF-19 Kai.

My main gripe with the the Yamato is the lack of locks in the wingroot landing gear, no tabs/slots under the front landing gear 'triangle' (had my YF-21 parked with gear down opposite my YF-19FP and now that little flap won't stay closed), and the visible turbine in the gears... wish it was actually a duct... thinking of experimenting with some cardboard to try to cover up the turbine with the cover off... I just leave the intake covers closed, since Gamlin does the bulk of his work in space, anyway. :D

My main gripe with the the Yamato is the lack of locks in the wingroot landing gear, no tabs/slots under the front landing gear 'triangle' (had my YF-21 parked with gear down opposite my YF-19FP and now that little flap won't stay closed), and the visible turbine in the gears... wish it was actually a duct... thinking of experimenting with some cardboard to try to cover up the turbine with the cover off... I just leave the intake covers closed, since Gamlin does the bulk of his work in space, anyway. :D

I'd have to agree there. Actually, the YF-21s I have seem to have fairly stiff landing gears and don't collapse in easily. I don't recall how it was for Gamlin's VF-22, but I just got Max's and I had the landing gears down while I was putting the stickers on and even just the slightest nudge backwards caused the rear landing gears to collapse back in which annoyed me greatly each time it happened. The visible turbines in the intakes are a complaint I have of all the Yamato valks. I wish they handled the intakes like the DX VF-27 - Just a black wall behind the intake covers. The turbines look especially cheesy on the SV-51, VF-0, VF-1 and VF-11.

I'd say my YF-21FP and VF-22S Gamlin are about the same. They definitely fall if you go any direction but forward with them rolling. Need a detent.

I liked the way the turbines looked on the VF-1 and even the VF-11... just defies all but one specific screen in the anime that I'm aware of (Gamlin's parked Gerwalk on Zola in MD7) but otherwise never saw the turbines in a VF-22.

Hey how did you get the gun pods to stay on?! That looks cool.

There are small slits in between a couple of the plates under the fighter that I thought were just the right size for the attachment piece of the collapsed gunpod to slot into. It works to an extent.

That said, they are not in there firmly at all. They fall off if you shake it too much. You can see that on one side the gun is nearly falling off already because of the angle of the valk.

I have a (maybe stupid) question. For those who have the FP set with the 21 and a 22, can the FPs fit onto the 22 in any way? At least the arm pieces? I ask because I think I will buy the Fold Booster set as soon as it's rereleased (which should be soon), except I am not sure if I will have any use for those pieces. I know it's not canon or anything, but that doesn't bother me.