Yamato 1/60 VF-22S Thread

VF5SS

Saw the review. Damn I need to buy these but I just got put on workshare and $300+ on toys right now is a no no. :(

I actually bought mine before this review came out...a collector in Singapore ( which just borders Malaysia ), PM'med me and ask if anyone wanna buy a VF-22S for a mere USD150!

And like the review said, this is one VF u wil enjoy playing around. Love the color scheme, love the texture, love the 'organic' look. And pairing it with a fold booster is suh-weeettt!

4686920748_52ce5eef84.jpg

Great review! Love the VF-22S design in general and the nice matte finishing on all three variants. Still, Gamlin's menacing dark gray colors remain my favorite.

One thing I particularly like about the YF-21 is the headsculpt, with its multi eyepieces; always had a thing for non-humanoid looking heads like the VF-1A and VF-25FG.

Back to the Max -22S, I'm not sure if I'll be investing any money on the M&M's, unless they go for 60% to 40% discount. Hadn't accounted for the recent reissue of the MacZero VF's and the upcoming Klan fig, and now it seems the VF-1D is being restocked, too--I'm spending way more than I'm comfortable with these few months.

1/60 YF-21 is realy nice design, yamato dior good job! but VF-22 has a bit problem, in fighter mode, gunpod cannot put into belly through original design seems do so, maybe its original design's problem, legs full filled belly leaving no space for gunpod. still, VF-22 looks very beautiful!

Ah talk about YF-21 is the very 1st Yamato toy I collect before Bandai, Still YF-21 look best in any mode, athrought is a bit hard to transform. Soon be getting one YF-19 with new release fastpack and fold device by Yamato hopefully :rolleyes:

I actually got the yf-21 instead, as it came with a stand (let me tell you, that stand is really important, you can have it in batroid or fighter mode displayed with a stand, and in batroid specially, you want him in the air). Also, fps look nice in batroid mode (not too great in fighter though). But, the last reason i didnt get the max, and i am still hesitating on getting it, is because of the clear yellow windows, i just cant stand it, it ruins the great look. On the gamlin, it has beautifull dark red windows, and if they had put that on the max, then i would get the max to fly with the yf-21, as i really like the color scheme with the light blue of the max. Or actually, if they had a darker almost non see three yellow/gold, then that would have been great. I could probably modify it and paint on it, but for such an expensive purchase, dont feel like risking it.

Edited by Arthurius

I've wanted a 22 since I saw Macross 7 many years ago and I never thought I would get the opportunity to buy one especially from Yamato. Initially I jumped on the 21 because just like the first time around I figured Yamato would never get around to it and I have to really thank them for taking my money and delivering a truly excellent high end transforming figure for the most part. Of course unlike some lucky people I payed MSRP for all these but I don't feel ripped off in the least.

th_YamatoMacross1-10-2010008.jpg

th_YamatoMacross1-10-2010009.jpg

th_YamatoMacross1-10-2010018.jpg

I have Blue Gazer!

Edited by bluemax151

That custom is in my opinion the best ever custom made, and best yf-21/vf-22 color scheme, and i honnestly was waiting for something similar, but only got the gamlin with the yellow stripes all over which i didnt like, as compared to the blue and yellow. If one day this is made, i will very seriously consider it as top priority toy of the year.

Damn you, VF5SS, your excellent reviews have had me thinking of buying a Max for a few days now. One of these days I will undertake Operation Stargazer in my living room for the vinn. B))

Are there any issues I should be aware of with these, before I take the plunge?

Damn you, VF5SS, your excellent reviews have had me thinking of buying a Max for a few days now. One of these days I will undertake Operation Stargazer in my living room for the vinn. B))

Are there any issues I should be aware of with these, before I take the plunge?

Both the Max and Millia I have are perfectly fine. In the course of shooting that video the Max was transformed at least ten times so I've had no issues there either.

That custom is in my opinion the best ever custom made, and best yf-21/vf-22 color scheme

I for one find the MoonShooters paint scheme to be the best for the VF-22S. If somebody were to make a full transformation 1/60 of this i would be complete

moonshooters3_1-72_VF22S_SVF24_Nov2.jpg

more pics

Rargh.

OK, I got this Blue Gazer thing in the mail today.

My fingers ache from all the transforming...

It's pretty good, especially in Battroid mode, but there are a few tiny things that annoy me. First, it's really difficult to balance and pose. Second, I have no idea how to properly fit both the legs inside the bays, and get the two belly plates lined up perfectly with no stress or bending or unaligned seams. I saw VF5SS's reviews and they always begin perfectly lined up, so whatever the secret is, he knows it.. :p

I hope those tiny tabs don't give way, as some of them even came with stress marks fresh out of the box.

Overall, quite a nice toy. Will look great next to the upcoming Fire Valk. ^_^

post-1318-127711092883_thumb.jpg

nice pose. makes me wanna transform my 21 next after transforming my 19 the other day (that neck-breaking part of the transformation still gives me a heart attack!)

but the feet and the difficulty posing it w/out a stand plus getting it back to fighter w/ everything lined up properly makes me not want to :p

...is that yellow paper jammed up between the VF-27's crotch for that "thrust-crotch" look??? :D

Edited by m0n5t3r

I was contemplating doing a "how to transform the VF-22 back to fighter mode" video.

Really? That would be great. There is that MWer who did one for the YF-21, but his panels don't lock together because his tabs broke off, probably because he was doing what I'm doing... :unsure:

Wow, thanks! That was fast.

I still can't do it, though. I tried repositioning the legs, shifting a lot of the panels around, but I still cannot get that perfect seam, I just end up with gaps everywhere. Take a look.

The swingbars on the shoulders also have a tab which slot into part of the backplate. There is so much pressure on mine that they won't stay on at all, I've taken as close a photo of that area without losing focus as I can.

Of course, it still looks like a VF-22, so I'm not as bothered with it as I was with the whole "VF-11 leg falling off" fiasco, but still...

post-1318-127721376868_thumb.jpg

post-1318-127721378589_thumb.jpg

post-1318-127721379903_thumb.jpg

I think you need to make sure the diecast back bar is snapped onto the two screws as tight as possible. Also the intake block near the shoulders has a few small additional snaps.

Honestly, I wouldn't know what else to tell you unless I had the toy in my hands.

Mine always ends up like this

post-1819-127722377947_thumb.jpg

Heh, thanks anyway. I've spent several hours with it by now, and the only real thing that I've noticed may be causing the stress is that one of those kneejoint rings seems warped somehow. In any case, they don't look symmetrical. I only noticed this now as I was putting it into Fighter again, so I will inspect it more closely when I switch it back to Battroid.

Another possibility is that I'm getting the feeling that one of the kneejoint ratchets is out of sync with the other, or somehow different.

Either way, I think the problem is in the way the legs store inside the bay.

But hey, great toy anyway. Can't wait for Sound Force, Diamond Force and Emerald Force. DOKKKAAAAAA!! :lol: POLAR STAR, KAKUNIN!! B))

I post this on the "what is wrong with my yamato, bandai,..."

I few days a go,I recived my VF-22 Max. I transform the valk to battloid once, the when I was trying to transform to fighter I notice that the little tab that clips the belly plate to the down section of the valk has some stress marks (photo as reference)

37772214.jpg

Then I took my YF-21 and I saw the same problem, not easy to see because the dark navy blue color.

Then I remind that the 19 have another Tab in the back of the cockpit that suffer extra stress when we transform the YF.

I "think" that in the 21 and 22 is not too critical if the tab broke, but is critical in the 19.

What do you thing about this? the plastic is strong to endure the trasnformation?, is critical to the fighter form in the 21 and 22?

I have my max 22 in the box right now, becuase I don't want to screw it

does anyone have the same problem?

anybody is worry about that :s

Sorry not to reply about that more earlier, I really haven't had any problems with mine in that area. Honestly, those aren't tabs so much as stubs, and even if they do wear down or break off, I don't see it causing a problem. Really though.. I don't see any reason that bit should be stressed in the first place, unless you're pulling the plates straight down at the front instead of rotating them to open them.

Now, as for the bottom plates, there's a few little things I've noticed that seem to help those fit better.

First off, make sure to check how your shoulder covers are rotated. They can move back and forth a little over the shoulder, and they need to be aligned right before they will fit well next to the legs.

Second, yes, it's essential that that metal bar across the back snaps over those screw mounts fully. That will stop the back plate from lining up correctly.

One thing I did notice that might not be able to corrected.. whether those belly plates fit can depend entirely on how the rear engine plate is shaped.

On my YF-21, I noticed the belly plates just would never sit correctly if the rear tabs were correctly inserted into the undersides of the engines. When put in there, the plates would be bent upwards at the rear, and the rear set of center alignment tabs would get stressed if I tried to push the plates together. Eventually that led to the middle tab breaking off. So, I've just had to live with the gap there.

In comparison, both of my VF-22s have perfectly fitting plates. They mesh together perfectly at the rear, and there's no stress on the plates in the closed position. In fact, there is actually a little wiggle room for them, so they definitely are under no stress.

What I'm pretty certain causes this.. I noticed a long time ago that the upper engine plate (the one that slides) on my YF-21 was not level. If you look at it from the rear, you notice the upper flat surfaces of the engine nacelles both lean inwards. Because of this, the engines are actually rotated a little, and the end result is that the places where those tabs on the belly plates go are higher than they should be. The belly plates mesh together fine if you don't insert those tabs under the engines, but putting them in correctly makes the plates bend from being forced against the legs.

On the other hand, the engines on both of my VF-22s are much more flat on top, and the belly plates fit fine.

I'll have to have another look at this later to be sure I'm not missing some small problem inside, but I've gone over the YF-21 several times, and never seen anything else that could cause the plates to bend that way.

Some pics of Mr. Gamlin!! (playing around with my new camera) Luvv it!! :lol:

btw....can anybody tell me what episode or where I can see this piece of Valk awesomeness in action?????? Tried searching YouTube but no luck.... :(

post-11393-127742202327_thumb.jpg

post-11393-127742202942_thumb.jpg

post-11393-12774220347_thumb.jpg

post-11393-127742204493_thumb.jpg

post-11393-127742205436_thumb.jpg

post-11393-127742206089_thumb.jpg

post-11393-127742207106_thumb.jpg

post-11393-127742208562_thumb.jpg

post-11393-127742209062_thumb.jpg

post-11393-127742209615_thumb.jpg

post-11393-127742210405_thumb.jpg

post-11393-127742211278_thumb.jpg

post-11393-127742211992_thumb.jpg

post-11393-127742212605_thumb.jpg

post-11393-12774221338_thumb.jpg

Edited by derex3592

Some pics of Mr. Gamlin!! (playing around with my new camera) Luvv it!! :lol:

btw....can anybody tell me what episode or where I can see this piece of Valk awesomeness in action?????? Tried searching YouTube but no luck.... :(

Damn, nice pics. I'm so glad I broke down and decided to order one of these.