Guest davidwhangchoi

Rolling Thunder was cool. the weird thing about part 2 was i didn't like the shape of the bullets and lost interest... (dumb reason but i guess i was a kid)

gradius 3 was awesome. i needed that snes slow down... not as bad as the slow down in superfamicom super r-type

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

These covers are so nostalgic! I loved bionic commando in the arcades. (Nes was cool as well) i loved the gun that my friends and i nicknamed tomato splatter gun. (The bullet looked like the size of a tomato and its splash damage as well)

The nes verision was cool i beat it like 4 times. I have the remake on ps3 but didnt have a chance to finish it.

the guy called super joe was a cool part of the story. Ah capcom... The good old days before they acted stupid and canned megaman.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i remember this game had the best catch phrases in a fighting game:

"Get Lost! Punk!!!" lol

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

I loved when arcades was filled with shoot em ups. this was one of my favorites that i can at least pass all the areas before it flips again:

Guest davidwhangchoi

Super C (FC) and the best Castlevania game of all time,

Castlevania IV was amazing. the graphics were such a step up from the nes games.

Guest davidwhangchoi

How can you mention Castlevania 4 and not its music?

here you go:

All the versions of Dance of the Holy Man (a.k.a. Simon's Theme or Theme of Simon Belmont)

0:00 Super Castlevania IV (1991) [super Famicom/SNES/Wii]

2:07 Akumajo Dracula X68000 (1993) [The Sharp X68000]

4:01 Castlevania Bloodlines (1994) [sega Genesis]

5:13 Castlevania Chronicles (2001) [Playstation]

6:53 Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (2006) [NDS]

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Even retro-er:

The Japanese Famicom version of Castlevania 3 had better music. Literally had an additional soundchip the US one didn't. Thus, we got "simplified" versions of the music. Here's the REAL soundtrack:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdlOdjd1DMo

Be sure to click "show more" to open up the clickable track-list.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i know a guy who beat that game in the arcades on one credit (it was 50 cents at his local store) with that 360 rotational joystick. that games was hard.

i loved the sidearms and 1943 cameos on the last stage of forgotten worlds. (i can beat sidearms with a quarter after watching all the patterns of my older brother, he beat it first in a quarter)

sidearms was like the macross inspired side scroller. the arcade machine was deco'd w skull insignia's.

player one looked like a vf-1 w supers in fighter mode player 2 looks like a vf-1 standard but once they transformed... player 2 looked weird.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

i loved 1943 but i could never get 100% damage ratio on any of the plane bosses. that drove me crazy.

i also loved getting the extra 10,000 points for blowing up the debris after killing a battleship boss. and that hidden laser was sought after but didn't last long.

similar to the prized gun in this game:

Guest davidwhangchoi

this baby is beautiful:

i seen this machine but regretted never trying it:

Edited by davidwhangchoi