• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, efisher said:

Treated myself this Christmas with a SSDS3. I finally got around to beating Gate of Thunder and Castlevania Rondo of Blood. Such a great product.

qMv4gHi.jpg

Nice find.

The Macross sprites for Macross 2036 on the PC Engine game are so beautiful.

Sprite art rules!

On 12/8/2019 at 3:12 PM, Black Valkyrie said:

I've been meaning to get my Turbo Duo up and running again.  Unfortunately I can't find my Gate of Thunder CD which was my favorite game on it...

23 hours ago, Mazinger said:

Nice find.

The Macross sprites for Macross 2036 on the PC Engine game are so beautiful.

Sprite art rules!

Yeah, I own that game. I've never sat down and really played it to completion, but what I did play was really solid. The only thing I didn't like was the redesigns of the Valkyries. I also had the same problem with Scrambled Valkyries on the Super Famicom. Was Shoji Kawamori's Valkyrie designs off limits when it came to these games?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/30/2019 at 1:18 PM, efisher said:

Yeah, I own that game. I've never sat down and really played it to completion, but what I did play was really solid. The only thing I didn't like was the redesigns of the Valkyries. I also had the same problem with Scrambled Valkyries on the Super Famicom. Was Shoji Kawamori's Valkyrie designs off limits when it came to these games?

Just a guess, really, but it could be they wanted to place those games into later, future timelines and thus wanted updated designs to show development over time.

There’s evidence that Kawamori designed the concept for the valkyrie in the Super Famicom game, if not the actual sprite art. His name is in the game credits, and the battroid line art appeared in a book of his design works.

I don’t remember the one in the 2036 game being all that different from the VF-1. Just a revised head and super packs, I believe?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got my PCE Mini yesterday from Amazon Japan. I gotta say that this is my favorite of the mini consoles. The selection of games it really nice, though the omission of the Legendary Axe is a big disappointment. The only fly in the ointment for me is that I have to set my tv's black level to low (limited), instead of the normal (full). If I don't the blacks will be grey. Great job M2 and Konami!

HBJOFOE.jpg

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Making me think I should have my mini modded.

I modded one for a friend. It was pretty easy to do, and it worked just fine, but they hadn't incorporated folder support yet and too many games could cause it to lag. Been waiting for an update before I mod my own.

On 3/25/2020 at 10:37 PM, mikeszekely said:

I modded one for a friend. It was pretty easy to do, and it worked just fine, but they hadn't incorporated folder support yet and too many games could cause it to lag. Been waiting for an update before I mod my own.

The current software isn't accurate 100%, like for the NES/ SNES Classics , there are some games don't work, for example : Afterburner II, TMNT, Thunder Force 4, Devil Hunter Yohko. 

Edited by Black Valkyrie