• 2 weeks later...

I Still have my old NES, with Super Mario Bros/Duck hunt, Rad Racer, Castlevania, Zelda, Contra, Mike Tyson's punch out (have all the cheats to that one) and of course TETRIS!! Probably 15 or so other games. I did have a Saturn just for the Macross games, but lost it years ago while moving... :(

Still have my PS2 as well, anyone have the Battlestar Galactica game and how the hell your supposed to Win???

Edited by 505thAirborne

Many years ago, my little brother lost my copies of Rad Racer & Batman for the NES. Suffice it to say, he has never been forgiven...

I hope your little brother is able to understand why you'll never be able to forgive him. :3

Finally got my Wii online, and oh my there's no many retro treasures to buy, and decent prices. A trip down memory lane is in order, with Super Metroid being first.

Many years ago, my little brother lost my copies of Rad Racer & Batman for the NES. Suffice it to say, he has never been forgiven...

lol

I think I've seen those at a flea market pretty frequently. Sans box and manual of course but the cartridges should be easy to replace.

Not sure if this is retro enough yet..

I actually recently picked up old big box (DVD size) PS1 versions of SF Alpha and Wing Commander III at the flea for a combined sum of $6. WC3 seemingly works fine on my PS3 btw. I've only played the first level thus far so problems could arise at any point I suppose.

Oooh.. a while ago I picked up a super famicon with Albert Odyssey(?) for $10. Don't think I mentioned that yet, pretty surprising find imo.

The same thing happen to me back in 92, when took my SNES Castlevania-IV to school, during the break the game was snatched, I was really abset but now its over, since I took his Saturn, which he doesn't care about and bought for it same games recently.

• 2 weeks later...

For me yes, especially in 80s were many western musical artists became famous in Japan. Here are my some of my opinion :

Mega Man 7, Stage 1 inspires by (Europe - Seven Door Hotels).

Mega Man X, Stage 1 " " (YUNGUIE MALMSTEEN - Evil Eyes).

Contra 3, Final Stage, before the Final Boss (Aliens & Predator themes Remix).

Since Yunguie Malmsteen produced his first album Rising Force 1983 in Japan many of music was the inspiration for many of the games we know especially the RPGs and even in Gradius 3 you can here bits here and there.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This is a little late - I've been away - but recently the Sinclair ZX Spectrum celebrated its 30th birthday. The humble "rubbber-keyed wonder" is widely credited with having created a nation of both gamers and games programmers in the UK, some of whom are still very much active today. Heres to tape loading, "BEEP" and colour clash! :)

Edited by F-ZeroOne

Even I'm curious about where you got that mini Mega Drive.

IIRC, it was a gachapon like collectors/trading item.

and an EXTREMELY TOUGH one to find, to my experience.

i was very lucky indeed, that the woman EBAYing the Mamotte Shugogetten "Shaorin Shichiri"

TSUKUDA HOBBY Doll that i had found back in 2008;

Shao-chan4-29-12.jpg

(( http://en.wikipedia....tte_Shugogetten ))

- had this 1/6 Doll scale MD console set available at the same time;

27cmSEGAMEGADRIVEGENESIS1.jpg

27cmSEGAMEGADRIVEGENESIS2.jpg

27cmSEGAMEGADRIVEGENESIS4.jpg

- got the whole shebang for about $50shipped, IIRC. the console is definitely a bit smallish for the Non/Off-scale Shao doll,

but, for an exact 1/6 like Mikuru-chan back up there, the console seems perfectly-scaled, to my eye...

Edited by Shaorin

Awesome collection Shaorin.

The oldest console I have is an original Playstation. All of my older consoles (NES, Genesis, first PSX) ended up disappearing in a garage sale or broke. My parents sold my Genesis and most of the games without me even knowing about. :( Still have the Genesis Jurassic Park game and NHL '94.

Was also really into older PC titles. Played Microsoft FS 5.0, Microprose F-117A Nighthawk 2.0, X-Com: UFO Defense which was hard as hell for me as a kid. It still is. :rolleyes:

The list goes on.

Edited by Shadow

Microprose F-117A Nighthawk

Ooooh. Spent many hours with that. Thought it had a much more accurate flight-model than F-15E Strike Eagle. (I still am annoyed at trying to land in Strike Eagle--it's like they completely forgot that the direction you're POINTING isn't necessarily the direction you're FLYING----coming in to land at low throttle with everything hanging out---if you have ONE degree nose up, you'll climb---and that is so wrong, even a 5-year-old has realized that planes can descend with their nose high by watching them land)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Yay! This thread is back!

Those videos are incredible! It's an odd feeling of nostalgia because I never actually went to any computer and electronics shows, but I did read about them in the magazines.

Great timing for this thread revival, too, as a couple of months ago i bought a SNES and have been playing lots of great games. Right now I'm playing Donkey Kong Land on the (Super) Game Boy and a multitude of variations of Puyo Puyo and Nazo Puyo.

post-1318-0-57569500-1368020053_thumb.jpg

dammit, just pick some replacement copies up off the BAY or the like, and forgive your damn brother already.

i never forgave myself for years for trading off several of my SEGA GENESIS titles back in the early 90's.

more recently, i scored myself complete-condition JPN MEGA DRIVE versions of every one of those games i had parted with,

and i no longer even bother to look back... :)

Edited by Shaorin

I loved Road Rash! Good times there!

To celebrate the start of my summer break, I've been playing some rather retro games. I have been playing Descent with the D1X Rebirth mod for modern computers. I plan on playing it through Descent 2 soon. Also, (although it isn't nearly as retro) I've been playing Metroid Prime. Finished the first game and am on the second game now. I haven't played the third yet, so I borrowed Metroid Prime Trilogy from my brother and I've been playing it on the Wii. One of the best games ever made, in my educated opinion. ;)

Edited by frothymug