I don't understand why Nintendo restrains itself to a fixed set of games. If you could open the flap and put an SD card in with additional games would not only invoke a classic feel Nintendo would be able to sell additional games for more revenue.

It wouldn't have the classic feel unless the red light kept on blinking and your only solution was to blow the dust off the SD cards.

Edited by areaseven

Ok, I think it's high time I actually start to SELL my stuff, vs simply have it sit in the closet NOT helping me pay my bills. That said:

I do think ebay is the best option, to gain the biggest "audience". I've of course bought from ebay many times, but never sold. Is there a "guide" out there that'd be especially helpful for selling stuff like retro games/consoles/CD's? Like I've heard ebay seems to be fond of assigning "default" shipping weights to stuff, but if I'm selling a $100 PSX game, I'm not just going to ship it in a bubble mailer and hope the jewel case doesn't crack, so their "suggested" shipping weight/cost won't be acceptable.I'll be boxing most anything. (and on that note---anywhere to get cheap small boxes for that situation? Or is just shipping everyting via priority and using those boxes the best bet?)

Also, is shipping via Paypal worth it, to help "prove" I shipped stuff? I think I'd need to buy a scale, to accurately weigh things to be able to print labels, in that case.

In order to avoid fixed shipping rates, don't sell your items under eBay's video games category or provide a SKU. Just list them as Other or Miscellaneous. eBay will tell you that you'll be missing a lot of your target audience if you use the wrong category, but I've never had any problems attracting bidders and I've been selling for years.

Using a scale to weigh items is a necessity, otherwise you could end undercharging or overcharging your customers on shipping. I've tried guestimating shipping a few times and failed spectacularly. I now use a digital food scale with a 15lb limit and it's made shipping so much easier. Plus, if you know your item's exact weight, you can print prepaid shipping labels from your computer, saving time waiting at the post office. Finally, you're usually given a small shipping discount if you print your own labels, so if you sell enough, you could pay off the cost of the scale.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey, I decided to post this in the computer and electronics thread, since it was kind of a technical post.  But I wanted to invite you guys to swing by there and check out the emulation box I built with an NES, some PC parts, an OS called Lakka, some ROMS, and an 8bitdo NES30 Pro controller.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

is it that hard to find a good condition used GBA SP?

I didn't think so.  I also find the button layout odd; the DS was the first handheld to use four SNES-style face buttons, so what are the extras for?

EDIT: Nevermind, those are the L and R buttons.

That does got me thinking, it'd be nice if someone made a GBA clone that moved the face buttons so B is still to the left of A, but B sits higher than A.

Speaking of SNES controllers, those Mega Man Controllers have me serious tempted even though I don't have a SNES and the controller ports don't work my NES.

Edited by mikeszekely

11 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

is it that hard to find a good condition used GBA SP?

No, but the SP is darn uncomfortable. Also old enough where replacing the battery might be a concern.

Also: Stereo speakers and a headphone port.

Edited by JB0

• 3 weeks later...

I have the Famicom version of Ninja Gaiden 2 on my list to get just for the back box art. I love the original series. They have the complete soundtrack coming out soon that I'm looking forward to getting.

Edited by JetJockey

Loved the originals, of which I still have, except for #3.  I liked the newer one on Xbox as well; that game definitely did the series justice.  I'm a little worried though because I can't find my NES system or my SNES Ninja Gaiden trilogy cartridge...

On 1/29/2017 at 0:24 PM, JetJockey said:

I have the Famicom version of Ninja Gaiden 2 on my list to get just for the back box art. I love the original series. They have the complete soundtrack coming out soon that I'm looking forward to getting.

Trufax: I have a naked cart of Cosmo Genesis(US name: Star Voyager) that I bought just because I thought the label looked cool. 

http://www.mobygames.com/game/nes/star-voyager_/cover-art

It is no Ninja Gaiden, but it looks nice on a shelf.

Original NG games are all pretty sweet.