It's a little late, but one of the most anticipated game platforms of all time finally launched.

Behold, as the first complete game ships for the Super Nintendo CD!

http://forums.nesdev.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=13907&start=45#p166176

Friggin' Nocash. One month, minimal documentation, and he has an emulation up and running.

God only knows how many untestable bugs are present, but...

Guest davidwhangchoi

I'm working on it tonight. Don't know if I'll finish it though.

David, it's been almost about 3 weeks, stop teasing! ah i give up :p

The cancellation is not surprising. Konami's just about finished with videogames anyways. Shows how messed up they are when they make an HD remaster of one of their best shooters and put it on Android. I'll stick to the NES Life Force myself. But the remaster's music did sound pretty good. Not as good as the original though.

Remember this classic,

They just released a 2D version of that as a download for the new Darius game. Same with Space Harrier.

Having had the pleasure of playing Galaxy Force II in the ultra-deluxe arcade unit, I must say that it loses a bit by not being mounted in a 3-axis hydraulic cockpit that spins and tilts with the action.

That said, the 3DS port benefits a LOT from the added visual axis. Those Sega sprite scalers lend themselves very well to the addition of depth perception.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Having had the pleasure of playing Galaxy Force II in the ultra-deluxe arcade unit, I must say that it loses a bit by not being mounted in a 3-axis hydraulic cockpit that spins and tilts with the action.

That said, the 3DS port benefits a LOT from the added visual axis. Those Sega sprite scalers lend themselves very well to the addition of depth perception.

that's the way i remember it. it was in space station 34th street super arcade in penn station

Guest davidwhangchoi

I found myself trying to 1 CC Shadow Dancer in MAME. Still hard to do :(

have you ever tried a no shuriken run for a stage in shinobi? you get 20k stage clear bonus!

i can do stage 1-1, 2-3 (water board) and can do 1-2 sometimes

this guy does it for the 1st boss :o

I played that a few times. The last time I played it in the mid 90s was when I realized that arcades were probably going to die out. I think the game was $1 or something to play. Plus it was over so fast and I'm pretty good at videogames. At least I didn't know the trick was to speed through the whole game then. But at that point, there didn't seem to be a point in trying to beat it in the arcade. And I'm one of the people that beat Dragon's Lair II in arcades. Plus not even a year later I got Galaxy Force II and a few others for Saturn on the SEGA Ages disc.

anyone play any retro games recently,

i'm playing FFiii snes, i never beat it

I'm listening to the soundtrack for Castlevania III on NES.

Guest davidwhangchoi

cool! good to see plp on MW retro gaming. i just beat revenge of shinobi last night as it's part of a genesis game of the month club we recently made where we nominate 5 titles that are under 30 bucks and then vote!

tCVU4WLm.jpgmo0UEQVm.jpg9Eww5XCm.jpg3pjVhUTm.jpg

Edited by davidwhangchoi

cool! good to see plp on MW retro gaming. i just beat revenge of shinobi last night as it's part of a genesis game of the month club we recently made where we nominate 5 titles that are under 30 bucks and then vote!

tCVU4WLm.jpgmo0UEQVm.jpg9Eww5XCm.jpg3pjVhUTm.jpg

That's still one of the best games. I remember how difficult it was for me to get those jumps right on the docks stage. Then getting lost in that maze only to get the bad ending so many times. Good times though. I can still remember when I got that game at a Babbages I think. I didn't play Shinobi that much in the arcades. The box art for Revenge of Shinobi looked great. I thought that the game had to be great with that title, art, and images on the back. And it was.

I'm still waiting on the Data Discs to release the vinyl soundtrack for this one too.

you know what's funny? i never beat it as i kid... i'm going to try to now.

Good luck. I only remember my way around because I had the Player's Guide when I was young.

Edited by JetJockey

Guest davidwhangchoi

That's still one of the best games. I remember how difficult it was for me to get those jumps right on the docks stage. Then getting lost in that maze only to get the bad ending so many times. Good times though. I can still remember when I got that game at a Babbages I think. I didn't play Shinobi that much in the arcades. The box art for Revenge of Shinobi looked great. I thought that the game had to be great with that title, art, and images on the back. And it was.

I'm still waiting on the Data Discs to release the vinyl soundtrack for this one too.

Good luck. I only remember my way around because I had the Player's Guide when I was young.

This month's Genesis club Game of the Month is E-SWAT :)

W5ISekp.gif

4owf0Cv.png

E-SWAT is another good one. I remember you have to be a basic cop first. I kind of remember some of the music. I've never played the Tiny Toon or Wonder Boy games on that list though.

Guest davidwhangchoi
i didn't get to ESWAT yet but beat Thunder Force III today :)

xcrJmaWl.jpg

f0xB2yzl.jpg

(Thunder Force II rocked me though, i need a bit more practice)

Guest davidwhangchoi

Useless easter egg time: you can make the pilot on the left blink by holding down one of the buttons on the controller.

aww damn... now i need to try that. time to beat it again :)

Guest davidwhangchoi
any huge R-Type fans of the original here?

i've been playing it the last few nights coming home late from work.

my challenge: for anyone who knows what i'm actually rambling about, has been to knock out the unreachable turret guns on top of the stage 3 battleship...

XWRmKwUl.png

they're almost unreachable bc the screen and ship movements forces the R-9 under the battleship not allowing you to get above where the guns are located. by the time you get around to top, the screen has scrolled pass the guns making it too late to hit them.

i've been jamming my force unit up there to take out those guns and try using the force unit to try and kill the core engine early before the boss music starts.

Guest davidwhangchoi

picked these compilations up today for ps2

xVt6vAnh.jpg?1

wRbACDPh.jpg?1
i'm going to goof off with some Operation Wolf and Thunderbolt
then play some 1941 =)

I still fondly remember playing the original Metal Gear on the MSX

together with F1 spirit and The Treasure of Usas

Yeah the MSX was an unique computer and Konami was it flagship, I had so many good times with it. It was the main reason I got hooked to video games, Salamander, Kings Valley 1 & 2 and Knightmare II - Maze of Galious.