Guest davidwhangchoi

i've been playing sin mora this afternoon, i haven't touched it in a while. prior to eah chapter i never read the text, it's too long.

black valkyrie, this game is one of the first arcade games i played at a super arcade (it was i believe in manhattan 34th st Penn station called "Space Station." i was too young, unknowingly watch the demo of the tomcat part and thought this was a topgun style game. after putting in 50cents (man, two quarters was a lot of money to a little kid) the intro showed a plane taking off a carrier. (super excited) then i start out as a helicopter :wacko:?? being so little i was confused and just died quickly. game over... was the first misleading demo/intro i've experienced.

AJAX everytime i scrub my bathroom i keep thinking of that misleading game :lol:

Indeed A-Jax has an impressive OST, BTW the original Gradius was already released in Japan,

http://www.konami.jp/products/dl_ps4_gradius_arch/index.html

http://www.hamster.co.jp/arcadearchives/gradius.htm

Now where is SALAMANDER ?

Guest davidwhangchoi

No loophole, you just sign up for a japanese psn account (fudge a japanese address), and purchase a japanese psn ticket (points card).

i think that's a definition of a loophole :lol: too funny. what Japanese address can i use? manadrake?|

Guest davidwhangchoi

anyone ever try this, i think it was done by SEGA's team shinobi.

i kind of liked it in the arcade. it was a combination of alien syndrome and shinobi instead of rescuing hostages, you're planting bombs, you also get ninja magic to clear out the screen like shinobi (with the same audio sample)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

• 2 weeks later...

anyone ever try this, i think it was done by SEGA's team shinobi.

i kind of liked it in the arcade. it was a combination of alien syndrome and shinobi instead of rescuing hostages, you're planting bombs, you also get ninja magic to clear out the screen like shinobi (with the same audio sample)

Yup, I plunked down the quarters for Crackdown everytime I saw it in an arcade. Sh!t got real when you get the bazooka.

Wave has gone down the retro path with their latest releases: Solvalou from Xevious, and the Galaga fighter.

I never thought I'd see the Galaga ship in plastic model form.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Yup, I plunked down the quarters for Crackdown everytime I saw it in an arcade. Sh!t got real when you get the bazooka.

Wave has gone down the retro path with their latest releases: Solvalou from Xevious, and the Galaga fighter.

I never thought I'd see the Galaga ship in plastic model form.

sucks that galaga wave models looks like it has to be painted, they look nice in the pictures

• 2 weeks later...
Guest davidwhangchoi

i've been watching the play through of street fighter A3 wow, i never realized you can use Guy to play like final fight.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my. They've expanded their line a LOT since I last saw them.That Family Computer-styled joystick is seriously hot.

I'm kinda digging the NES-style one with the lights and analog sticks. Bluetooth and Xinput? Sounds perfect for playing emulators on my Surface Pro.

It does XInput? I couldn't find any word on that.

I don't know about the big arcade stick you were looking at, but the NES30 Pro "Crissaegrim" pad, if you click on it and then on "Specs," "360 Xinput" is listed under "Mode."

Guest davidwhangchoi

anyone remember the nes advantage? i used the slowmo and rapid fire to beat gradius.

i forgot what the small pad with the circular 360 thumb stick was called for the nes.

Guest davidwhangchoi

It was the Max.

I need to work on my Advantage. It's broke, but they're simple electronics.

oh yeah! that was it max.

you still have your advantage? that's awesome... my mom threw mine out :angry: happy mother's day :D

oh yeah! that was it max.

you still have your advantage? that's awesome... my mom threw mine out :angry: happy mother's day :D

Aaaaaactually, the first died, we got a replacement on clearance. Now the second is dead, but this time I can rebuild it. I have the technology.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...