That's like, the last 3 games in a row that people have bought, that I have mint copies of ready to sell.  Seriously, just PM me if there's a retro PS1/PS2/360/Xbox/SNES/Dreamcast/Saturn game you want---I guarantee my copy will be minty-er, and cheaper, than getting  it from ebay.  :)  

I focus on import fighters and RPG's.  :)  (and anything truly good/classic)  

That's like, the last 3 games in a row that people have bought, that I have mint copies of ready to sell.  Seriously, just PM me if there's a retro PS1/PS2/360/Xbox/SNES/Dreamcast/Saturn game you want---I guarantee my copy will be minty-er, and cheaper, than getting  it from ebay.  :)  

Good to know. I'll have to keep that in mind. 

to bring back my first front mission experience i got this game. came in the mail today^_^

Cool. Have you ever played the original Front Mission for Super Famicom? That's the only one of the series I've played, unless you count Gun Hazard.

Vagrant Story has beautiful music. I'll play that one again. It could probably go for a graphical remake. But that is a really good game too.

i have that in my backlog but haven't got to it yet. i heard it was good.

Have you ever played the original Front Mission for Super Famicom? That's the only one of the series I've played, unless you count Gun Hazard.

i have the first front mission on DS. it's pretty good but i haven't spent enough time with it as i'm working on 

a bunch of DS games at the moment. 

(prequel to the Silver Case) Flower Sun and Rain.

i never played it on SNES though i saw a fan translation. 

FM3 bringing back the feels =)

IMG_4471.JPG

IMG_4473.JPG

IMG_4474.JPG

Edited by davidwhangchoi

i have that in my backlog but haven't got to it yet. i heard it was good

Vagrant Story is really good to me. I think if you like strategy type games you'll like Vagrant Story. It's like a strategy rpg. I'm not really big on strategy games so if I like one I tend to really like it. I don't play them that much and I think I only own the original Command and Conquer which I got for free. And the old Sega Genesis game Herzog Zwei. Which I'm sure most here know because it has the Macross valkyrie in it.

What's that blue keyboard you are using?

I actually still boot up FM 3 from time to time, and I would have to say my fave backup character is Li. Simply because someone in the development team wanted to put Bruce Lee in a mech.  This is made more evident in Li's victory pose (especially in a lanky melee-equipped Lenghe wanzer).

I've been playing alisa's story arch this time so i missed Li, (in collage days i played the emma story) 

Vagrant Story is really good to me. I think if you like strategy type games you'll like Vagrant Story. It's like a strategy rpg. I'm not really big on strategy games so if I like one I tend to really like it. I don't play them that much and I think I only own the original Command and Conquer which I got for free. And the old Sega Genesis game Herzog Zwei. Which I'm sure most here know because it has the Macross valkyrie in it.

What's that blue keyboard you are using?

oh that's my alienware laptop always on my coffee table,

FTgqaIH.jpg

i have a pvm mounted on the coffee table next to it these days:

zwrGmZy.jpg

I might be interested in the Castlevania one. Konami's being coy about what the other four games are (the four announced are Castlevania, Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse, Super Castlevania IV, and Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge). A lot of fans are speculating Rondo of Blood it Symphony of the Night, but those two were already just packaged this past fall as Castlevania Requiem. My guess is that the other four will be Castlevania II: Simon's Quest, Castlevania: The Adventure, Castlevania Legends, and Castlevania: Bloodlines. I'd love to be wrong, though. I'll happily trade Simon's Quest and the Gameboy games for the GBA games, especially Aria of Sorrow.

I might be interested in the Castlevania one. Konami's being coy about what the other four games are (the four announced are Castlevania, Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse, Super Castlevania IV, and Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge). A lot of fans are speculating Rondo of Blood it Symphony of the Night, but those two were already just packaged this past fall as Castlevania Requiem. My guess is that the other four will be Castlevania II: Simon's Quest, Castlevania: The Adventure, Castlevania Legends, and Castlevania: Bloodlines. I'd love to be wrong, though. I'll happily trade Simon's Quest and the Gameboy games for the GBA games, especially Aria of Sorrow.

I agree with your guess. I think there’s a chance Rondo and Symphony could be on there, since Requiem wasn’t released for the Switch. And given the Gameboy games, I think GBA could be a possibility. I guess it depends on how retro they want to go, and I suspect they’ll lean toward the older titles.

Since I have physical copies of most console Castlevanias and Contras, the arcade titles are more interesting to me, since there hasn’t really been a good way to play those legally.

On 3/18/2019 at 12:44 PM, davidwhangchoi said:

I've been playing alisa's story arch this time so i missed Li, (in collage days i played the emma story) 

oh that's my alienware laptop always on my coffee table,

FTgqaIH.jpg

i have a pvm mounted on the coffee table next to it these days:

zwrGmZy.jpg

Thanks. I'll look into those computers. I heard of them but I don't remember seeing keyboards like that. But it was along time ago.

It looks like Christmas in your room with those games and toys. What kind of speakers are those? I want to get tower speakers one day. I have a youtube video on speaker positioning that I need to listen to. The guy was talking about how he tested speakers with songs because he knew when he got it right. As he knows the singers heights and how they should be positioned in the room. And if the speakers were good enough, it sounded like the person was right in front of him. I thought that was crazy. The video is long though like an hour. I'll get to it eventually. But it would be cool if speakers made Minmay sound like she was in concert in front of you.

On 3/23/2019 at 12:02 AM, davidwhangchoi said:

this bar has pool tables:hi:

gOuusgg.jpg

I'm at the bar in Hotel Dusk DS now. I'm starting to get the feel of the game. It's like an interactive choose your own adventure which can be good or bad. But it has good music and the small hotel setting is cool. I guess it's going to pick up soon because crazy stuff always happens at night and it's 10PM in the game.

On 3/21/2019 at 7:43 PM, davidwhangchoi said:

castlevanias are good!

speaking of konami just got back from the retro store and picked up a horror title. never played this:

IMG_4501.JPG

IMG_4502.JPG

I think I played the first one. I can't remember. I know I want to play the first three as I heard those are the best ones. I believe they used the music from those first three in the first movie. I haven't seen the second movie yet. I know they made a figure of the girl in part 3 and I think one or two of the evil characters.

I probably won't get any of those Konami collections. I have most of the original games. And Konami still is on the bad list. They haven't come out with anything noteworthy in a while.

Edited by JetJockey

5 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

Finally beat Front Mission 3 

total time with Alisa's story 66:31

going to do Emma's next

So is 60+ hours a fairly normal length of time for this game? Seems like a nice long game, especially with multiple paths to choose. I’m probably going to pick this one up — and add it to the ever growing backlog. 

14 hours ago, JetJockey said:

Thanks. I'll look into those computers. I heard of them but I don't remember seeing keyboards like that. But it was along time ago.

It looks like Christmas in your room with those games and toys. What kind of speakers are those? I want to get tower speakers one day. I have a youtube video on speaker positioning that I need to listen to. The guy was talking about how he tested speakers with songs because he knew when he got it right. As he knows the singers heights and how they should be positioned in the room. And if the speakers were good enough, it sounded like the person was right in front of him. I thought that was crazy. The video is long though like an hour. I'll get to it eventually. But it would be cool if speakers made Minmay sound like she was in concert in front of you.

I'm at the bar in Hotel Dusk DS now. I'm starting to get the feel of the game. It's like an interactive choose your own adventure which can be good or bad. But it has good music and the small hotel setting is cool. I guess it's going to pick up soon because crazy stuff always happens at night and it's 10PM in the game.

I think I played the first one. I can't remember. I know I want to play the first three as I heard those are the best ones. I believe they used the music from those first three in the first movie. I haven't seen the second movie yet. I know they made a figure of the girl in part 3 and I think one or two of the evil characters.

I probably won't get any of those Konami collections. I have most of the original games. And Konami still is on the bad list. They haven't come out with anything noteworthy in a while.

the speakers out out of production but they're Energy RC series

http://www.soundstagenetwork.com/revequip/energy_rc70.htm

they were on sale really really low on clearance a few years ago so i snatched em up.

Hotel Dusk is one of my favorite games. awesome pick. also play the sequel if you get a chance. (it wasn't brought to north america. europe release is in english and region free)  

10 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

So is 60+ hours a fairly normal length of time for this game? Seems like a nice long game, especially with multiple paths to choose. I’m probably going to pick this one up — and add it to the ever growing backlog. 

there's two entirely separate story pathways  in the game that a decision in the beginning of the game determines. Alisa or Emma's story arch.  each story arch takes about 40 hours to complete if you rush through it. i took my time and spent alot of time customizing my mechs but i could've done in less time. 

it's very heavy story driven which i like. the game is pretty easy to beat due to some over powerful combos.  

On 3/25/2019 at 5:45 PM, davidwhangchoi said:

the speakers out out of production but they're Energy RC series

http://www.soundstagenetwork.com/revequip/energy_rc70.htm

they were on sale really really low on clearance a few years ago so i snatched em up.

Hotel Dusk is one of my favorite games. awesome pick. also play the sequel if you get a chance. (it wasn't brought to north america. europe release is in english and region free) 

Already ahead of you and got Last Window a while ago. I won't play it next though. I usually switch up gameplay after finishing one title. I have to look at more speaker deals. Those speakers seem really good from that review.

20 hours ago, efisher said:

Some recent retro related pickups from the past couple of weeks:

Some soundtracks

jtWt66U.jpg

I'm looking for previews of that bonus disc. Seems to be only available from the Japanese site. At least from what I browsed on the Resetera forum. I have the original R4 soundtrack and the preview with the remixes sounds good. They need to make an updated opening cinema from R4.

On 4/1/2019 at 3:25 AM, JetJockey said:

I'm looking for previews of that bonus disc. Seems to be only available from the Japanese site. At least from what I browsed on the Resetera forum. I have the original R4 soundtrack and the preview with the remixes sounds good. They need to make an updated opening cinema from R4.

The bonus disc is pretty good from what little time I've spent listening to it.

I have to comment though that the remastering work by Sweep Records of the original PS version is great. I've always found the bass in the first soundtrack release kinda muddy/hot, and this release get it just right. Definitely worth picking up if you own the original soundtrack.

Edited by efisher

11 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

ooo expensive haul there:hi:

I wasn't too hard on the wallet since all the items were pre-ordered months in advance. ;)

Btw, did you ever beat Nekketsu Oyako on the Saturn? I've been meaning to play it but most of my time has been spent playing Dragon Quest V on the SFC.

Edited by efisher

On fighting games.

Looks good. The music seems more like Part 3 so far. But I hope we get a figure of Blaze because of this game.

I just heard this too.

Also this was from a while ago.

I finished Hotel Dusk. It's a cool game. A few problems though. I wasn't able to complete a puzzle even though I tried. It was the one with the vending machine. Turns out you only get one or two chances. But it was misleading. Also another one with with a Kojima type puzzle where I thought I was supposed to use the microphone but I wasn't. The ending wasn't completely satisfactory. But the setting is still cool like those old murder mystery movies. It's a game I'll play again one day. I have the original cover so it will make a good display.

Edited by JetJockey

2 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

Granzella’s Kazuma Kujo On Why R-Type Final 2 Became A Reality
Read more at https://www.siliconera.com/2019/04/06/granzellas-kazuma-kujo-on-why-r-type-final-2-became-a-reality/#yA452bmay7QpDcDW.99

Two weeks later, I still love how that was announced.

I also hope R-Type Final 2 isn't the final name. Because seriously, it is a terrible title.

On 4/9/2019 at 1:12 AM, JetJockey said:

On fighting games.

Looks good. The music seems more like Part 3 so far. But I hope we get a figure of Blaze because of this game.

Looks like a flash game. Also I'm not feeling the juggling mechanic. I'm gonna take a wait and see with SOR4 since I'm a big Genesis/Mega Drive fan.

On 4/10/2019 at 1:15 AM, JB0 said:

Two weeks later, I still love how that was announced.

I also hope R-Type Final 2 isn't the final name. Because seriously, it is a terrible title.

I guess I missed that announcement. But I can't remember finishing the original R-Type. I'm going to get some version of it one day. I remember posting that R-Type short cartoon here a while back. The SNES Super R-Type is probably my favorite.

On 4/10/2019 at 4:43 AM, efisher said:

Looks like a flash game. Also I'm not feeling the juggling mechanic. I'm gonna take a wait and see with SOR4 since I'm a big Genesis/Mega Drive fan.

I wasn't crazy about it at first either. But that new trailer got me excited. I still haven't played that fan version that I have saved. I think Sega shut that one down. And it was after people were having fun playing the game. Stuff like that is why I'm not really fond of Sega that much anymore.