On 5/4/2018 at 2:33 AM, Black Valkyrie said:

ngm1.jpg

ngm2.jpg

ngm3.jpg

Was about to post this! I actually had a neogeo back when they first came out and am gutted I eventually sold it :(

I spent so many hours playing world heroes, samurai showdown and metal slug. 

I hoped to one day to setup a neogeo emulator but this may be a nice substitute. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2018 at 6:55 AM, Convectuoso said:

Is this the same game that was released for the GameBoy Advance? 

As usual, they got Ben's VF wrong. 

Apparently I missed these Robotech games or just don't remember them. I'll check the wiki and youtube. I might pick up that portable though. I wish the colors were better. You would think they would make it as cool as the arcade in the TV episode or have valkyrie colors or something.

Figured this was probably the best place to post this, bought this model a little while ago and finally finished it up. It's not the official Wave model from a few years back but a third party model by Billion Spark Craftmanship. I liked the proportions on this better than the Wave so I gave it a try and it turned out to be a pretty fun model. I didn't do anything too fancy to it, just some panel lines and a few matte coats to protect the waterslides.

Metal Slug.JPG

I think I paid around $45 with shipping and bought it from one of the retailers on Aliexpress. I got the gray version but there's also a baby blue armor version. I'll leave the link to the guys I ordered from but if you type in super vehicle 001 ms evolve you can probably find it for a better deal Aliexpress link. It's a fairly big box for what you get (around the same size as a master grade gundam box) so be careful on shipping charges. The company that made the Metal Slug model also made a Slug Gunner as well if you like that design, I didn't get it since it doesn't transform into tank mode. 

Ugh. For as badly as I want it, I have neither the time nor the skill to put together a model of that complexity now that I have two children... LOL. I still have a Patlabor Ingram which has been waiting almost 9 months for some attention. :(

10 hours ago, renegadeleader1 said:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-05-31/mega-man-x-legacy-collection-trailers-streamed/.132278

Mega Man X is getting two legacy editions. The first has X1 to X4 while the second(aka the ones that suck edition) has X5 to X8. Not really worth it if you have the full collection disc from the PS2 era.

Except the PS2 one doesn't have 7 and 8, and doesn't play on PC it Switch (I'm planning to pick up the Switch version at launch, then to PC version on a Steam sale).

Also, I think they'll only be separate releases if you go digital.

A lot of those were like "holy crap, I never noticed that before, but that's totally what that song is!"  A couple had me thinking it was a stretch, though.  Like "Dr Feelgood" from the Castlevania Bloodlines music... not hearing it.

I have two types of retro games.
1: Retro games on PC, such as Neverhood, Fallout 1 & 2, Heroes of Might and Magic III, etc.
2 Retro NES games, I sometimes smoke and play on Contra emulator, but it's not the same as playing on an old TV and pads.

Just beat Earthbound again on my SNES classic! First time beating it in 20+ years. That game gets kinda dark after Threed.

Anybody know of any preorders coming up for the NES classic re-release? Or is just F5 mashing on June 29?

2 hours ago, danth said:

Just beat Earthbound again on my SNES classic! First time beating it in 20+ years. That game gets kinda dark after Threed.

Anybody know of any preorders coming up for the NES classic re-release? Or is just F5 mashing on June 29?

I'm mashing, personally. I definitely want one. I already picked up a case, and I'm looking forward to adding more games to it. 

Counting the original 21, my SNES Classic has... Umm... Huh. I lost count. 177? 179? Over 175 games.

• 3 weeks later...

So did anyone else find a NES Classic today? I went into Target around 9:30, a good hour and a half after they opened, and it looked like they had a couple cases behind the counter.

Oh, and 8bitdo is making a wireless controller for the NES Classic; I pre-ordered it from Amazon. I have their wireless pad for the SNES Classic and it works great and feels very close an actual SNES controller. If the NES one turns out even half as good it'll be with the money.

Bonus: it's got turbo buttons. I don't need turbo buttons, but they were on pretty much every 3rd party controller back in the day (and a couple 1st party like the Max and the Advantage), so 8bitdo having them seems charmingly retro.

My local Target still had at least a dozen of them tonight at 7:00pm. I was very surprised by this. I ordered one from Best Buy as soon as they went online on Friday morning around 4:00am. (Thankfully, my infant daughter woke me up.) These may not be as difficult to come by as I had originally thought. But hey, at least now I can say that I have both the NES and the SNES. Now I just need a damned Dreamcast!

1 hour ago, Axelay said:

These may not be as difficult to come by as I had originally thought.

My understanding is that Nintendo had ramped up production significantly over 2016, when they thought the NES Classic would be more of a niche item, and they've sworn to keep restocking it and the SNES Classic through 2018.  I definitely think if you want one you'll be able to get one sooner or later.