Guest davidwhangchoi

That's a helluva setup you got there, those scan lines look glorious! Looks like you should start building some gunpla.

Oh Jill forever!

thanks! i'll try to gunpla but i'm retro gaming tonight :)

If I saw a room like that when I was 12 years old, I would've dropped a load.

I just ran into this article regarding CRT monitors: The Best CRT Monitor for Retro Gaming. It's not a bad read, quite informative actually.

and thanks for this article you linked a year ago, it stuck w/ me till i got a chance to grab one :)

Guest davidwhangchoi

^thanks Mike :)

omg, Scanline Jill is so pretty :wub:
prior to CRT, i've been playin resident evil ps1 on my 60' kuro and the faces are illegible.
wow! she looks so beautiful now :)
i took some shots of her. here's a collage.
Jill has different moods and expressions B))
Angry Jill
7LsDea8h.jpg
Disappointed Jill -"Barry! Where were you? I almost turned into a Jill Sandwich."
PViOudnh.jpg
Lost in thought Jill -"What happened to Captain Wesker?"
6S3A3rHh.jpg
Smirking Jill
SgA0QHLl.jpg
Photogenic Jill
IEdWe8Tl.jpg
dv9bhd9l.jpg
s27AyCgl.jpg
Full Pixel Scanline Jill

Zxhx6ye.jpg

i love scanlines :lol:
Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

just got RGB scart cables to hook up my genesis to the Sony BVM

just gorgeous looking sprites. i can't believe how much of an upgrade RGB looks over composite video

BDqkh70h.jpg

OaYvf58h.jpg

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

Are there any games/consoles you're looking for? I've been planning to sell of most of what I have, and it goes from SNES/Genesis through PS3/360.

Lots of import Saturn/Dreamcast.

can you pm me a list of what you have and want to sell?

Guest davidwhangchoi

It'll take me a bit to make a list, I'll try to do it this weekend.

cool, it'll be cool to browse your stuff.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

As I recall, FFTactics prices crashed along with Xenogears prices when Square finally got around to printing Greatest Hits versions, and I don't think they ever really recovered.

As far as modern reissues affecting price... I know Chrono Trigger SNES crashed HARD after the PS1 port came out, and the PSP version of Valkyrie Profile knocked the PS1 version down quite a few notches too.

Chrono Trigger may have recovered, but it's only due to Super Nintendo collectors with more money than sense driving an unsustainable bubble. Mark my words, there's going to be a huge market correction in the next couple of years, and Super Nintendo games will crash in price(likely as a result of the market being flooded with bootlegs of high enough quality to be indistinguishable from the originals).

As I recall, FFTactics prices crashed along with Xenogears prices when Square finally got around to printing Greatest Hits versions, and I don't think they ever really recovered.

As far as modern reissues affecting price... I know Chrono Trigger SNES crashed HARD after the PS1 port came out, and the PSP version of Valkyrie Profile knocked the PS1 version down quite a few notches too.

Chrono Trigger may have recovered, but it's only due to Super Nintendo collectors with more money than sense driving an unsustainable bubble. Mark my words, there's going to be a huge market correction in the next couple of years, and Super Nintendo games will crash in price(likely as a result of the market being flooded with bootlegs of high enough quality to be indistinguishable from the originals).

Hopefully one day my toy collection needs vanish and I can focus on my SNES collection once more. :)

Guest davidwhangchoi
everyone, you guys want to know the best gundam related game?

it's Target Earth for SEGA Genesis also known as Assault Suit Leynos.

the Assault Suit series is the closest thing to gundam imo:

i just had a battle entering the atmosphere and had to board a shuttle or risk being burnt up.

also has a cute girl that secretly gives you extra continues if you select game level and hit start in the options menu:

HC09A7Il.jpg

here's a better shot of her

H19Hl7Zl.jpg

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

The Saturn sequel was blast to play as well. I didn't understand one lick of the story, but the action was good.

does the Saturn sequel have the "Continue UP" girl return? :wub:

picked up a few more games today:

super star wars loose for 9.99

DIzqvdEl.jpg

humeQ7gl.jpg

gUFhCk9l.jpgCOq49tQl.jpg?1

Guest davidwhangchoi

I'm working on it tonight. Don't know if I'll finish it though.

thanks! you can send a preliminary list as you're building a complete database, i don't mind just a preview... :p