I wish to all that is holy that I was kidding, but when I heard somewhere (it was long ago, though) that Captain Planet was based an idea by Jane Fonda, and Ted Turner gave the go ahead for production, I just about lost all respect I had for the series.

• 1 year later...

They might repeat it, but then again, if you missed it why? It's only been the talk of the town for a month now since it's air date was released and commercials were airing all the time on CN. Don't ppl have program guides these days?

Besides, I'm sure this thing will be up for download by morning.

As for my thoughts, wasn't bad. I think it could of been less drawn out on the story as like most of the episode was about Lion-O needing to "grow up" and less about kicking ass.

Satomi Kōrogi the seiyuu of Snarf is great. She voiced Chi in Chi's Sweet Home and Menchi from Excel Saga.

DAT Cheetara.

Lizard guy was bro.

The kittens were amusing. Then they were the only one smart enough to leave the shelters just before it was bombed with lots of women and children.

Tygra stop the wining. You're making think you are going for a threesome with Chettara and Lion-O.

Cat civilization is pretty much in ruins. And Lion-O and company may find it hard pressed to find allies since their people was a bunch of dicks. It would be interesting how they'll meet the human Warrior Maidens who in the original were allies but did not trust them that much.

Am I the only one that didn't like it?

And by not like it I mean I freakin' loved it!

So awesome that they started off with Grune the Destroyer. And then from there it was an iconic moment every five minutes. I can't believe that was one hour, I thought there was going to be another episode after. Can't wait for next Friday.

That was pretty good. My beefs were that the animation was good, but not the best stuff Studio 4°C has done and the dialog sounded forced. Hopefully they're just getting their feet under them and will improve things as they go. I thought they did a pretty good wink-wink/nudge-nudge with the violence, letting us know that a lot of people were dying but they couldn't show us it due to content limits. I really liked the world building so far and the fact that the cats weren't the squeaky clean good guys was well played. I'm looking forward to more.

Was anybody watching close in the merchant's hovel? Was that a Ro-Bear Berbil arm!?

The show was great. The characters are flawed, but not to the point where I want to reach through the screen, and smack them. (well, maybe Tygra)

I saw that and thought the same thing.

I don't think Tygra was annoying, but the fact that he kept bringing up the whole I should be king thing was. The writers need to back off that a little. But when it comes down to it, he's a pretty loyal cat.

Jaga and the clerics were awesome! (Sounds like an 80's british rock group.)

Am I the only one who thinks Mum-Ra was the scariest cartoon villain ever? This is how you re-boot a series.

It seems like a combination of a reboot and a sequel. They're on 3rd Earth instead of Thundera. Technology and Mum-Ra was stuff of legends. Including them mentioning how the Thundercat defeated Mum-Ra long ago. I'm gonna say this is a sequel to the original series but that was many generations ago. Instead of them creating new Thundercats they just used the classic version of characters. Can't wait for the next episode.

It seems like a combination of a reboot and a sequel. They're on 3rd Earth instead of Thundera. Technology and Mum-Ra was stuff of legends. Including them mentioning how the Thundercat defeated Mum-Ra long ago. I'm gonna say this is a sequel to the original series but that was many generations ago. Instead of them creating new Thundercats they just used the classic version of characters. Can't wait for the next episode.

Yea it felt like the Zelda series where its a sequel but not. But I agree it was amazing seeing Thundercats remade this way has made the child in me squeel with joy.

Either way, I don't remember the last time I enjoyed an American cartoon this much(yes I know it's anime style, but I'm not considering it anime). I couldn't really find any faults in it, had something for all ages. Here's a question: my wife and I noticed that only Kitt and Katt had tails, does this mean that as children the 'Cats have tails and lose them when they get older?

Either way, I don't remember the last time I enjoyed an American cartoon this much(yes I know it's anime style, but I'm not considering it anime). I couldn't really find any faults in it, had something for all ages. Here's a question: my wife and I noticed that only Kitt and Katt had tails, does this mean that as children the 'Cats have tails and lose them when they get older?

Like Jewish boys they get their tails snipped off before a Cat Mitzvah.