I played golf the other day with a guy named "Jayce" and I thought about asking him about the old cartoon that starred a guy by that name. Is that the show you're referring to?

It's Jayce and the wheeled warriors. Thought it was a pretty well known Saturday morning cartoon back then?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eyttr8wI3lE

Not going there. I could never understand the popularity of Thundercats. Preferred Silverhawks anyway. Same animation company stable I think. Neither show was too great.

BRING BACK CENTURIONS!!!!

Centurions was the best!! Back then anyways. I tried watching it again and I can't believe it was so cheesy.

Yes it was. It was animated by Topcraft, the members of which went on to form Ghibli.

The old opening with the kick-ass animation and song was awesome. The rest of the show wasn't so great.

Absolutely agree, that and the Silverhawks opening was style-oozing awesome. The shows themselves were bland.

I heard one of the animators is a lecturer at the Manga Faculty in Kyoto Seika University where I was working up until a while back. Unfortunately, we never managed to meet.

Otherwise... bah, more remakes. I want some company to come up with something cool.

It's Jayce and the wheeled warriors. Thought it was a pretty well known Saturday morning cartoon back then?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eyttr8wI3lE

"But when your wheels get you there...... THINGS WILL TURN OUT RIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!"

Yeah, this may have been my favourite of the non-Transformer shows at the time. Shame they never made a final episode which concluded the story, that would have been epic. Same with Dungeons & Dragons, for that matter.

Edited by Renato

Centurions was a less sexy version of Bubblegum Crisis.

Somehow I seem to have entirely missed that show during the 80's, but watching the intro, looks like it was done by whoever did the Bionic Six.

Dungeons & Dragons actually did conclude, though its conclusion led into a completely different series.

What? I don't get it. I read the "Requiem" script but that was an unproduced episode.

If anything deserves a remake , its the Battletech toon and the Exosquad series.

I'd vote for Spiral Zone and Mighty Orbots. One for it's more sophisticated sci-fi content and theme music, the other for it's kick-ass GodMarz-ish hero bot.

Wish they would bring back Spiral Zone.

Also, never understood why they called it Third Earth...if we were on First Earth, what was Second Earth all about?

Edited by Zor Primus

Wish they would bring back Spiral Zone.

Also, never understood why they called it Third Earth...if we were on First Earth, what was Second Earth all about?

I think Mumm-Ra was referring to the Third Age of Earth when he first encountered the Mutants. I think Humanity gets well and truly screwed in the Second Age of Earth. Edited by Wanzerfan

I think Mumm-Ra was referring to the Third Age of Earth when he first encountered the Mutants. I think Humanity gets well and truly screwed in the Second Age of Earth.

There were no humans in the show then right? I can't remember past the second season.

There were no humans in the show then right? I can't remember past the second season.

The only humans in the show I know of were Hachiman and Mumm-Rana (sp.?). There could've been others, but I can't remember off the top of my head.

Not going there. I could never understand the popularity of Thundercats. Preferred Silverhawks anyway. Same animation company stable I think. Neither show was too great.

BRING BACK CENTURIONS!!!!

POWER EXTREME!!!! :ph34r:

All kidding aside. I've never seen Thundercats. Might be worth a watch. :mellow:

On another note, I would love a reboot of Centurions as well. B))