Magic doesn't explain why Lion-O and Tigra barely know Panthro, and why Panthro acts very indifferently toward them. They've shown us the flashback scene where Lion-O and Tigra are dueling (they look to be around 12 years old) and Panthro is standing RIGHT THERE; clearly they both grew up around him.

Maybe it's because that both Panthro and Groon were away for about 6 years searching for the Book of Omens, and it took Panthro some time to recover from the thrashing that Groon gave him, that Lion-O and Tigra barely remember him.

It seems that this is a total reboot of the series, with nice homages to the original series. It's also a nice touch that Panthro's blind in one eye. That and people actually die in this series other than just Jaga. I also agree with you guys about Lion-O and Cheetara- Get a room, you two ;) .

wow I love the art in my speculation I can say that mumm ra and the thundercats had a strange alliance that provide technology but when they broke relationship seems to enter in a kind of medieval age because in the flashback can be seen thundercat´s ships and in the first chapters mentioned technology like a myth as it passes each chapter the story becomes more complex :rolleyes:

post-3872-0-07844100-1314559554_thumb.png

Nice reference for Tigersharks. However, I just can't see any resemblance to Silverhawks, just looks like a new take on Vultureman. However, surmise that the artist/writer tried to get a "WB's RoadRover" reference in the shot.

On the other side of Vultureman is a screen with Mon-Star, the main villain from Silverhawks. The guy with the eye patch.

Nice reference for Tigersharks. However, I just can't see any resemblance to Silverhawks, just looks like a new take on Vultureman. However, surmise that the artist/writer tried to get a "WB's RoadRover" reference in the shot.

You are looking at the wrong way.

Mon*Star appeared on Mumm-Ra's screen.

post-9033-0-04462700-1314884105_thumb.jpg

There are two theories. One Mumm-Ra stole the Warstone/Eye of Thundera from Mon*Star. The other Mon*Star was an ancient Thundercat back when Mumm-Ra was still their master.

post-9033-0-10239100-1314884403_thumb.jpg

We got a glimpse of ancient Jackalmen meet their descendant.

post-9033-0-98493400-1314884365_thumb.jpg

Interesting to note about the metal used on the sheaths and swords might be what the Silverhawks and Mon*Star's armor would be made of.

I can see several possibilities.

One Mumm-Ra stole from Mon*Star. Two Mon*Star was a Cat that took over Mumm-Ra's empire in his absence. He has found out where the Book of Omens and the stones are and take them for himself.

Both scenario setting a fight between Mon*Star and Mumm-Ra with the appearance of the Silverhawks as some interplanetary force opposing Mon*Star.

As for the Tigersharks we only saw the Mako types and they are animals like the rest. Maybe a magic powered Fish Tank to be humans?

Though I can see a possibility of non-Third Earth Tigersharks appearing as a salvage crew.

Edited by RedWolf

That interview made me happy...as long as Bandai is considering giving us Mummra's tank, they might as well release that Feliner type aircraft too :D

And I really like how this series is coming along. But for the love of Thundera, stop with Lion-O's "Whiskers!"..it just sounds so cheesy.

Good episode this week, much better than last week. LOVED Mumm Ra and Leos armor!

It's amazing how far they've left the original behind, not that it's that difficult. But the scale that they're building on top of the original concept is amazing. On the other hand the struggle between Mummra vs. Leo and the rebellion is was kinda scaled down because it's just a flashback. But you would think that the amount of effort it would take to topple Mumm-Ra at his prime would be tremendous. That said, that was a pretty epic face off.

Makes me want to draw some Thundercats. Too bad I don't have time.

Don't like whiskers either... It's no "frak" that's for sure... how about "motherfurballs!"

But you would think that the amount of effort it would take to topple Mumm-Ra at his prime would be tremendous.

Maybe he was too reliant on the crystals back then.

Don't like whiskers either... It's no "frak" that's for sure... how about "motherfurballs!"

How about "Furball(s)".

I'm digging the production values on this show, the music is extremely well done and sets the moods for scenes perfectly. I'm also digging the Xenogears parallels, it helps to explain how the mish-mash of technology and magic can be there in the story.

I love Mumm-Ra having a tank of his own, especially with the sarcophagus gimmick. I would totally go for some of these toys if I allowed myself to collect things that don't transform :)

I'm digging the production values on this show, the music is extremely well done and sets the moods for scenes perfectly. I'm also digging the Xenogears parallels, it helps to explain how the mish-mash of technology and magic can be there in the story.

I love Mumm-Ra having a tank of his own, especially with the sarcophagus gimmick. I would totally go for some of these toys if I allowed myself to collect things that don't transform :)

That tank is awesome. I wouldn't buy a cheap plastic version though. If they made a nice prestige edition maybe.