I watched it and loved it! I felt like it was intended for the grown ups who watched it back then in the 80s, with a much more solid and adult storyline and deeper characters, state of the art animation and still retaining the charm of the original series. I hope it can keep up the pace and even get better in the next episodes.

I hope they'll do new versions of some great episodes of the old series, like when Lion-O had to go on a quest and beat all the other Thundercats in order to earn the title of king, that one was my favorite back then in the 80's :)

Anyone wanna take bets on Mumm-ra's pyramid being the top of a buried spaceship?

Right now with the observation that Third Earth could be Europa, I'm leaning towards the revelation that all inhabitents are genetic experiments, and the fight will eventually lead back to Earth.

episode 3 "moby dick" I really want to start the thundercats but have the feeling that for made more longer this serie would be a lot of filling episodes like this <_<

They must have planned this well in advance, because I forgot it was Shark Week. Futurama also did the same thing for this week's episode with a four-dimensional space whale.

Was anyone bothered that Thundera looked pretty empty in a dark way this week?

Moby Dick episode was pretty stock plot wise, but if it replaces things like Lion-O's annountment, then we're still better off. Besides, Mum-Rah torturing Jaga was pretty badass.

Edited by Keith

I agree that last one was kinda lackluster compared to the first hour. Writing was still solid though, especially because the morality plot point doesn't hit you over the head with "lessons to be learned." It seemed like it was really for the Lion-O's benefit and not the kiddies watching. But after a rich environment in the premiere episodes I guess they had to seriously cut back on the budget to recover and just draw a vast empty landscape.

Jaga bit and the Wileykits were pretty cool.

I agree that last one was kinda lackluster compared to the first hour. Writing was still solid though, especially because the morality plot point doesn't hit you over the head with "lessons to be learned." It seemed like it was really for the Lion-O's benefit and not the kiddies watching. But after a rich environment in the premiere episodes I guess they had to seriously cut back on the budget to recover and just draw a vast empty landscape.

Jaga bit and the Wileykits were pretty cool.

I'll have to agree. Yes it was filler, but it's a lead-in to the larger story (i.e. the jump from A->B->C, not A->C) so in the end, I thought it fit. It reinforces that Lion-O still has a little more growing-up to do.

I think the episode would have worked better had it had the time to develop things a bit more.

I agree, I felt the way Lion-O first followed the captain in his madness and then turned back to save the crew was rushed.

Overall I thought it was a let down, not to the point I stop watching yet but I really hope they have some catchier stories coming

I'll have to agree. Yes it was filler, but it's a lead-in to the larger story (i.e. the jump from A->B->C, not A->C) so in the end, I thought it fit. It reinforces that Lion-O still has a little more growing-up to do.

It's still a huge improvement from the 80's Lion-O, I think.

finally!... Panthro joins the team! Thundertank in action!

same as in the last episode, the last 2-3 mins. were the best part of the ep. I hope the writers come up with edgier or maybe funnier side stories for episodes that are gonna have them... moby dick and ferngully didn't exactly keep me on the edge of my seat. :mellow:

Edited by m0n5t3r

Last night's episode was better than last week's: much better pacing and emotional impact. But dammit, that's the second episode in a row where the righting staff beats the audience over the head with a baseball bat to promote a life lesson; they make no attempt at being subtle about it... I get it, Lion-O is impulsive and immature at the onset and the stories reflect his journey to adulthood and growth into becoming a true king of this people, but this pedantic tone is going to get really old really fast.

Edited by mechaninac

I liked it a lot or at least a huge part f it. I didn't mind the " life lesson" part which was very nicely done, interesting and beautyful.

But why do they attack the lizard army knowing they have no chance to win? Do they suicide because they want to "live to the fullest"? I don't get it...

I liked it a lot or at least a huge part f it. I didn't mind the " life lesson" part which was very nicely done, interesting and beautyful.

But why do they attack the lizard army knowing they have no chance to win? Do they suicide because they want to "live to the fullest"? I don't get it...

Because, like me

They had a feeling that the Thundertank would show up at the end of this episode ;)

I enjoyed this ep...didn't feel THAT heavyhanded, to me anyway.

Edited by ambient73

I really enjoyed last night's episode. My wife thought it was touching, and while the "lesson" is a bit heavy, it's played out in the story to not feel overdone. The character development is done at a good pace, especially considering they probably want to draw this out for awhile. The ending of this episode makes me really want to watch next week.

I liked the story but at 8 episodes a season, I just want them to get on with the core story or Thundercats vs. Mummra and co. (nutants?) 4 more episodes to go and halfway thru the season. :(

Excellent ending though.

The ThunderTank deafeats all those mechs and soldiers? Can it be that powerful or was it the element of surprise?

Agrees with Frogze... what kind of lesson tells them to go suicidal?

I liked the story but at 8 episodes a season, I just want them to get on with the core story or Thundercats vs. Mummra and co. (nutants?) 4 more episodes to go and halfway thru the season. :(

Excellent ending though.

8 eps only? at the rate they're going, i was expecting this to be like Avatar-Airbender or SW-Clone Wars and have 20+ eps a season. :(

life lesson? que sera sera? when translated to our local language, is actually considered a bad trait... :blink:

This episode was much better than the last one, and with that end I can't wait to see next week's episode.

8 eps only? at the rate they're going, i was expecting this to be like Avatar-Airbender or SW-Clone Wars and have 20+ eps a season. :(

life lesson? que sera sera? when translated to our local language, is actually considered a bad trait... :blink:

It's already confirmed that each season will have 26 episodes and that they have planned two seasons for now.

Here is a list with the tittles for the first 26 episodes, I'm not sure how official this list is but it's been accurate until now, just beware that there are some spoilers.

Omens (Part 1) - July 29, 2011

Omens (Part 2) - July 29, 2011

Ramlak Rising - August 5, 2011

Song of the Petalars - August 12, 2011

Old Friends - August 19, 2011

Journey to the Tower of Omens - August 26, 2011

Legacy - September 2, 2011

The Duelist and the Drifter

Berbils

Sight Beyond Sight

The War Forgers

Into the Astral Plane (Part 1)

Into the Astral Plane (Part 2)

Lost Causes

Trials of Lion-O (Part 1)

Trials of Lion-O (Part 2)

Native Son

Survival of the Fittest

The Pit

Curse of Ratilla

Birth of the Blades

The Forever Bag

Recipe for Disaster

The Soul Sever

What Lies Above (Part 1)

What Lies Above (Part 2)

This episode was much better than the last one, and with that end I can't wait to see next week's episode.

It's already confirmed that each season will have 26 episodes and that they have planned two seasons for now.

Here is a list with the tittles for the first 26 episodes, I'm not sure how official this list is but it's been accurate until now, just beware that there are some spoilers.

Berbils

Sight Beyond Sight

The War Forgers

Lost Causes

Native Son

Survival of the Fittest

The Pit

Curse of Ratilla

Birth of the Blades

The Forever Bag

Recipe for Disaster

The Soul Sever

What Lies Above (Part 1)

What Lies Above (Part 2)

Nice..some very interesting titles there! A couple of them sound like they could be an homage to the original series ^_^

Berbils

Sight Beyond Sight

The War Forgers

Lost Causes

Native Son

Survival of the Fittest

The Pit

Curse of Ratilla

Birth of the Blades

The Forever Bag

Recipe for Disaster

The Soul Sever

What Lies Above (Part 1)

What Lies Above (Part 2)

whew! thanks for that info...

sorry for jumping the gun with the rant... blame >EXO< for that! :p^_^

Edited by m0n5t3r

whew! thanks for that info...

sorry for jumping the gun with the rant... blame >EXO< for that! :p^_^

You're like my puppet! :lol:

I'm gonna watch the episode again. Seems like I watch each one twice. I saw the first hour 3 times. But I'll watch this episode later this week without the "WTF are they wasting a whole episode on Strawberry Shortcake for!" attitude. I still enjoyed it but I was watching it the whole time thinking, when are they gonna get to Panthro!?!

Loved it better then last weeks episode. I for one don't have a big problem with the stand alone filler eps reminds me of the old show and makes the plot episode even better when poo gets moving... as for the end my brother and I were commenting on how it would happen when it did and thats exactly what happened, not sure what the spoilers wait time should be :p.

Won't be able to see the next two weeks though as I'm off on vaction :D... :(

Nice... I did a search and all I found were the 8 eps. With 24 eps and 2 seasons confirmed, it makes this episode that much easier to swallow... thanks!

What you found is probably all they've release to the press (i.e. TV Guide/TV listings/etc.), so far. Somewhat similar to how comic companies are releasing the solicitations for November's releases this month. By the end of the month, they'll get the schedule and info for whatever airs in November/December. And then the next month, they'll get the next schedule and so on. They may change the titles of the episodes and/or they may do some schedule changes for sweeps-periods, etc..

Anyways, great episode this week. Kinda sad. :(

Now that Panthro and the Thundertank is here, the gang is all together. let's get some episodes about the main story and everyone else in.

This episode might become a classic of the series, it is quite daring for a kid's show to deal with life and death of loved ones.

I'm really happy to see some of these titles on the episode list :)

Lion-0's trials!!! hurray :lol:

And 2 last episode titles had me hoping that they might even make Mumm-ra a Lovecraft creature which would be just perfect for me