22 minutes ago, crackpot said:

I know it's an old post but is this a reissue of the previous Mattel figures? It looks like it especially Lion-O.

Based on what I've read and videos that I've watched over YouTube regarding this release, it is indeed going to re-use molds designed by Super7 for Mattel. However, Pumyra from Series 2 is going to have a new mold.

Edited by no3Ljm

52 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Based on what I've read and videos that I've watched over YouTube regarding this release, it is indeed going to re-use molds designed by Super7 for Mattel. However, Pumyra from Series 2 is going to have a new mold.

I was able to read more on it and yeah, you're correct. I'd like to get the Mumra on the 2nd wave but it seems the articulation on the arms are limited. It may be just a prototype and hopefully it's not the final product. 

11 minutes ago, crackpot said:

I was able to read more on it and yeah, you're correct. I'd like to get the Mumra on the 2nd wave but it seems the articulation on the arms are limited. It may be just a prototype and hopefully it's not the final product. 

True. But to be honest, I'm really not looking forward on some Figuarts kind of articulation with these releases. Just like with any Marvel Legends figure that I buy, my expectations is low, I just take it for what it is. As long that I get to complete a team that I like. Same goes with this ThunderCats. I'm just hoping that they will complete the team roster this time rather than cancel the line mid-release.

On 1/30/2020 at 7:02 AM, hachi said:

1st reaction is, it looks great. 2nd reaction is, are the muscles anatomically correct? Then I realize they aren't real humans just in human shape :lol:

This Iron Studios diorama is the best we are probably likely to get. I have small issues with it but overall I like it.

The Thundercats releases from just about every other company go the too realistic route and not the cartoon / anime look. I wouldn't wait on Prototypez to make one since they can't even get a good run of Street Fighter II characters going. But they did tease a really good Lion-O a while back when Sideshow showed their forgettable version.

On 1/30/2020 at 5:02 AM, hachi said:

1st reaction is, it looks great. 2nd reaction is, are the muscles anatomically correct? Then I realize they aren't real humans just in human shape, they're just cartoon characters.  :lol:

Fixed for yah, hachi. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I finished watching all of the Super7 figures review. I had most of the key characters and Mumm-ra on preorder before which I decided to cancel due to budget reasons. And I have to say that I'm glad I did. As much as I would love to have ThunderCats in my collection, after watching the reviews, I felt these figures should just be in the $20-24 range. With what the figure is offering, $50-55 is way too much. I'm sure it's going to be the same with their SilverHawks line too. :unsure:

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

A new Thundercats show may be coming to HBO MAX

FB_IMG_1654807503447.jpg.ff43d9952872f239bf52dd5178121594.jpg

But maybe they're just going to stream the original series. Has anyone else heard anything about this?

The way it says new series sounds like brand new, but it could just be new to hbo

Agreed! I've watched 2011 recently with my daughter and she loved it. To my surprise, we then moved onto the original and she loves that also. I was really excited to hear about another continuation but then found out it was just moving from Hulu to HBO... And I would rather it be on Hulu.

4 hours ago, Big s said:

Why does it say HBO max original? If it is just the old cartoon, then this is a very misleading ad

Because just like "unlimited data" means "25 gigabytes" and "digital" means "on the internet", "original" now means "regional exclusive" instead of "content developed by or for a specific network/service".