Official MacrossWorld Convention 2010 Information Thread

Remember... we're having a raffle for the early birds...

Early Arrival raffle - just an FYI we will have a special free opportunity drawing for people that arrive early. People that arrive up to 45 minutes after the doors open are eligible. Each day we will have new tickets so each day we will start fresh. Prize - MW Con fundraiser shirt

See this thread for more info

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=33945

THIS JUST IN! As you know, the Macross Frontier movie comes out in Japan on DVD and Blu-ray on October 7th and we will be receiving a Blu-ray copy to screen the Macross Frontier Movie on Sunday, October 10th at 11:30am!

IF there's a reason you can't come to the con this weekend, you better find a way there!

Just got word from Japan... Frontier movie is 2hrs long!!! We are starting this 11am sharp to stay on schedule!

11AM!

I need to see the first movie first... who has it?

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NmdptpONjE?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NmdptpONjE?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NmdptpONjE?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

sponsorsw.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

menucopym.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Are we allowed to take picture of the custom displays? I ask because there wasn't a lot of custom pictures last con. Want to know if I should bother carrying my camera bag with me. Going to start packing tonight. Gotta work the whole day then straight to the airport.

Are we allowed to take picture of the custom displays? I ask because there wasn't a lot of custom pictures last con. Want to know if I should bother carrying my camera bag with me. Going to start packing tonight. Gotta work the whole day then straight to the airport.

Pictures of custom displays are more than welcomed! Actually, we took a ton of pictures of the custom displays, but it was only a few tables so it might not have seemed like much. You can only bring your camera if you promise to post all your pictures

Taking Friday off of work so to start packing some of the stuff I'll be bringing. Still deciding if I should bring some more rare Macross items to display or if there is enough room at the Con. Hmmmm....

Slightly off topic.

While perusing through all this con business, I came across a video from last year. I sing in an a cappella quintet and we're looking for a vocal percussionist. Does anyone know this guy from last year's con?

Pictures of custom displays are more than welcomed! Actually, we took a ton of pictures of the custom displays, but it was only a few tables so it might not have seemed like much. You can only bring your camera if you promise to post all your pictures

Then I will bring my camera as well!!!!!

PICTORIAL GUIDE TO HOW TO GET TO MWCON

Here's how to get there.

First picture is on the corner of Westwood and Le Conte. This is an enterance to UCLA.

CopyofIMG_3700.jpg

IMG_3701.jpg

Then you drive straight all the way in.

IMG_3702.jpg

IMG_3703.jpg

Do not go to Parking 9. Just go straight.

IMG_3704.jpg

Go to Parking 6

IMG_3705.jpg

IMG_3706.jpg

IMG_3707.jpg

Then after you get out of parking lot, go through the stairs.

IMG_3708.jpg

IMG_3709.jpg

Edited by Maiden Japan

IMG_3710.jpg

Then you'll see the stairs. Go all the way up on the stairs

IMG_3711.jpg

IMG_3712.jpg

When you reached all the way up, across the street to left

IMG_3713.jpg

You'll see an old brick building on left that windows are sticking out. Then walk through the park.

IMG_3714.jpg

IMG_3715.jpg

Turn left

IMG_3716.jpg

IMG_3717.jpg

IMG_3718.jpg

And you're here. Welcome to MWCon 2010!

IMG_3719.jpg

Edited by Maiden Japan

lol once upon a time i worked at UCLA at the bruin kids camp. for some reason those pics brought back memories.

Anyway thanks for the pics. i can't wait for saturday i wish i could go both days but i won't be able too.

Slightly off topic.

While perusing through all this con business, I came across a video from last year. I sing in an a cappella quintet and we're looking for a vocal percussionist. Does anyone know this guy from last year's con?

I believe that person would be Kirik himself in full glory. :D

Thanks maiden those pictures are very helpful.. how far is UCLA from Torrance? Getting ready and packing... bringing more customs that I thought I had planned. lol...

I wonder if Ja'a are still together... I'm sure for the UCLA folks you guys have heard of them right?

Slightly off topic.

hahaha.... yea, that was me. A cappella was part of my former glory days at UCLA as a member of the ScatterTones and was the vocal percussionist for the group. Send me a PM and tell me more about your group or email me at MacrossWorldConvention@gmail.com

Can we get custom name tags? LOL. At the airport eating dinner. The guy at the checkpoint looked at me funny as my bag went through the scan, then he asked, "What are these? Airplanes? LOL wife chuckled and rolled her eyes. I said they are and please be gentle with my bag. Hahahahaha the valks look like car drawings on the screen.

Hello, new here.

Me and a friend registered for the con, but my brother and his friend haven't and expressed interest yet I see the registration is now closed.

I want to take them with me - can I still do that?

yup... you can...

If anyone didn't register, they can still attend...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozW4mmKzcYQ?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozW4mmKzcYQ?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozW4mmKzcYQ?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Slightly off topic.While perusing through all this con business, I came across a video from last year. I sing in an a cappella quintet and we're looking for a vocal percussionist. Does anyone know this guy from last year's con?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R53ifiyGq1E

yay! registration closes in 1 minute!!!! i can finally process all the registrants. If anyone didn't register, they can still attend, but will not get a name badge and lanyard.

Funny. Both you and Operator7G (Norge) were at RT25, but sitting at tables on opposite sides of the room! Norge is coming to MW Con tomorrow so maybe you guys can do a duet? ^_^

Funny. Both you and Operator7G (Norge) were at RT25, but sitting at tables on opposite sides of the room! Norge is coming to MW Con tomorrow so maybe you guys can do a duet? ^_^

Heh. Well, I sing bass so I'm used to harmonizing. If Kirik does his VP magic and we find another singer or two or three, we can probably put together something hot! MW Con 2011?!?! :o