TOYS FAQ - The New Noobie questions thread

EXO

Has anyone purchased from animepoko.com? According to google they have free shipping? Is this true and are they reputable?

I ordered an SHF figure from them and they never delivered or responded to my inquiries about it. Had to open a dispute with PayPal and ended up getting my money back. Needless to say, I don't recommend them.

You can mention the site and your experience in the Blacklist thread to help others. Thanks! :help::good:

Check the mospeada thread in the anime or science fiction section for any updates though you might have to search a couple pages back. Anything not related to Macross should be there. Evolution toys showed a prototype alpha/legioss I believe a while back.

For those who couldn't find it:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=38711

Edited by wmkjr

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

TBH, it can be good or it can also be bad. If you're following the VF-2SS thread, then you will know what we meant when it comes with Evolution Toys. But with the upcoming Legioss figure they're making, who knows? :rolleyes:

Take what I said with a grain of salt. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

i found pics of inbit kits on google. Are these just garage kits

Question belongs in the Mospeada thread but yes, there are several garage kits.

Edit: thought I was in the HMR thread when I posted that.

Edited by jenius

I need help updating my Yamato V2 table. In July 2009 Yamato released their TV Version VF-1A Mass Production toy. This toy apparently had the rainbow canopy and the early style crotch lock mechanism. Pictures on Hobby Search Japan seem to confirm this.

I own two of these toys, neither have rainbow canopies nor the old style crotch lock mechanism. This makes me think there must have been a reissue at some point after these problematic issues were corrected. Can anyone help quantify when this reissue happened? I think the official MW release schedule will also need to be updated as that was the original basis for my list.

This post indicates it must have happened before August 2011... but when?

Edited by jenius

Ooh I got another one, same as the TV cannon fodder. My VF-1A TV Max Jenius is clearly a reissue (clear canopy and revised crotch mechanism). Anyone know when that reissue happened? Just trying to get my list more complete.. I don't want everyone thinking that every Max 1A TV toy is an early version when that's not true.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all!

Anyone know just how much of a difference there is between the Yamato 1/60 VF-1 Super/Strike parts weather version and regular version?

Just wondering because I now have a weather vf-1s and want to know whether I should invest in a weather super/strike parts or just get a regular version as it's cheaper.

Any info will surely help!

Thanks everyone

Hey all!

Anyone know just how much of a difference there is between the Yamato 1/60 VF-1 Super/Strike parts weather version and regular version?

Just wondering because I now have a weather vf-1s and want to know whether I should invest in a weather super/strike parts or just get a regular version as it's cheaper.

Any info will surely help!

Thanks everyone

Same as my reply. The only difference is just the paint application since the other one is weathered.

If you want to save money and you have extra Strike/Super set laying around, or you can just get the cheap one, you can just custom weathered them to make it look unique. Problem solved. ;)

Edited by no3Ljm

Don't put super parts on a weathering valk... you might scratch the weathering. Leave it permanently naked in fighter mode. That's why I never bought weathering valks, I need to transform my toys and didn't want to mess them up.

That I didn't know. Good thing I didn't invest so much on these since I transform mine every now and then. ;)

Thanks for that, Jenius. Another lesson learned. ^_^

I have a question for those of you who have bought pre-owned from amiami before. I'm looking at a couple items, one of which is listed as in condition "B: Good - Item has been opened and contains signs of minor wear or damage. All parts are included." In my mind that sounds like paint scratching, blunted wingtips, possibly worn out or loose fitting missiles, that sort of thing. Does that seem right to you? It isn't a Macross toy if that helps, it's one of Alter's Yukikaze toys.

Anyone familiar with AnimePoko site? Did anyone purchased from them? Thanks!

I ordered from them once but it my order got cancelled due to a mishap in stock but I received a full refund back without hassle.

Not sure if this helps or not but just thought I would share haha.

Good luck Noel on whatever you are searching for!

Anyone familiar with AnimePoko site? Did anyone purchased from them? Thanks!

I pre-ordered something from them and never heard a thing again after my order confirmation email. I called, emailed and tried every contact method I could for months with no response. In the end, I filed a paypal dispute and got my money back. The good thing is I ended up getting what I ordered from another shop for cheaper. Needless to say, I will never order something from them again.

Does anyone have a pic of a 1/55 chunky monkey standing next to a 1/55 legioss?

Sad to say, I don't have photo but I did checked Jenius' anymoon site for reference. I'm assuming 1/55 Chunky stands around 24-25cm on the tip of the head laser. As for 1/55 Legioss, according to Jenius' photo there were three 1/55 scaled Legioss. I'm attaching here the photos for reference. Hope that helps for now until someone post an accurate 1/55 Chunky with Legioss with the proper 1/55 figure you're inquiring.

Nora%20SV-51%20131.jpg

Super%20Battroid%20Comparison.jpg

Gakken-135-Legioss-10.jpg

Actually no, the HMR Dougram being released is 1/60 scale so that's not the concern.

Edit - adding measurements will definitely be a big part of updates going forward. I'm thinking about making a comprehensive list of all toys and measurements and the calculations of actual scale.

Edited by jenius