TOYS FAQ - The New Noobie questions thread

EXO

Does anybody know what color Gundam Marker can touch up the grey back-of-the-knee joint paint on the Yamato v2 VF-1 toys? My 1st release Fokker DYRL has scratched paint in this area.

This is a tough one. I mixed a custom green/grey to match the plastic in the unpainted kits. I'll see if I can find the mix I used. As for a gundam marker though, I'll see if I can find anything promising.

Anyone else know?

Edited by mickyg

This is a tough one. I mixed a custom green/grey to match the plastic in the unpainted kits. I'll see if I can find the mix I used. As for a gundam marker though, I'll see if I can find anything promising.

Anyone else know?

Thanks mickyg, if there's a close-enough dark grey marker I can live with covering up the existing back of the knee paint with it.

I'm in the exact same boat as you. Mine shipped on the 26th by SAL, the last update is "Dispatch from outward office of exchange", so it's been over three weeks. I've ordered plenty from Mandarake, but usually with them I order EMS and have never had a problem. This is my first time ordering from NY and first time ordering SAL. I posed this same question on the YF-29 thread... a few other guys on the forum received theirs in about two weeks. They were on the East Coast, same as me.

I'm told that SAL delivery time can vary quite a bit -- anywhere from a couple weeks to a couple months.

For what it's worth -- I received my YF-29 Isamu in the mail today. It took almost 4 weeks total to get to here. One thing to note is that the Japanese tracking page stopped showing any updates once it left Japan. The USPS tracking page didn't show anything until today, and by that time it had already been delivered. The only update before that was the status showing it had left Japan. So basically, the tracking is pretty worthless... it's just enough to tell you that it's en route.

Can someone explain what's up with the new shipping method that Nippon Yasan is promoting lately? It is called Transi Logistic and seems to be a European Union thing only. Has anyone experience with this? They also claim to be able to deliver without custom fess legally.

• 2 weeks later...

Did Bandai ever make Tornado parts for the renewal 25s? I thought they were only for the V1 25s. If that's the case, has there been any news on another Tornado set recently?

So far only for the DX v1, no news yet on the renewal versions (hopefully at any time now).

-b.

I don't know about that. Until now the Super VF-27 was the only bundled Valkyrie from Bandai and I assume the reasoning behind that was that it was stoll a V1 base toy. Even the reissue of the VF-25F has no bundle so I think that if the Tornado Parts are coming that they will be Tamashii Shop exclusive add-on sets just like the others.

Of course Bandai can surprise us all (in a good way not like the preorder shenanigans for Ozmas YF-29).

I actually meant it that way hahaha. Reissue of the G and then a Tamashii exclusive release of the Tornado afterwards. I just love the blue delta wings of the tornado parts.

BTW barurutor if you're still looking for the gundam marker, I think there's like only one kind of grey available. Either that or buy those small paint bottles at hobby shops which have a much much wider selection of greys.

• 2 weeks later...

Just out of curiosity, is there a difference in the shade of the main brown of the VF-1A CF between the DYRL and the TV versions? And is the white of the DYRL off white or pure white? From the pictures I've seen it looks like pure white but I'm not certain.

Edited by close313

Just out of curiosity, is there a difference in the shade of the main brown of the VF-1A CF between the DYRL and the TV versions? And is the white of the DYRL off white or pure white? From the pictures I've seen it looks like pure white but I'm not certain.

Arcadia DYRL valks are bright white, about the same as the Yamato TV valks. Yamato DYRL valks are off-white.

The brown shade is the same for both. The white on the sdfm version is bright white and the dyrl version is off white.

If you go all the way back to the 1/60 V1 days, they were slightly different shades of brown (tan, really).

Also, a little bummed - went to check mine to verify, and the TRU one has yellowed plastic bits now - and it's been packed away for a while. :(

Thanks for the help. Yup, i do know the differences of the respective movie/tv whites but its just that the White of the movie CF 1A is throwing me off from the pictures (looks very bright on the pictures I've seen.)

Sorry, I just realized I didn't read your original question properly before responding. I thought it was a generic question and didn't realize it was directed specifically at the cannon fodders.

• 5 weeks later...

Question for you guys:

Does anyone know which version of the 1A head is included in the Yamato unassembled kit? Is it the TV version or the movie version?

I've been trying to find a picture that would inform me either way.

Cheers!