TOYS FAQ - The New Noobie questions thread

EXO

quick question here.

Will the older 1/60 Armor parts fit on the newer 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-1Ss?

Was wondering if I should ever invest in one for them

The V.1 stuff is not compatable with the V.2.

Here's one- I know you can get a fold-booster with YF-19 fast-packs separately, but where the YF-21's fast packs ever made available individually?

Yes and no. The original fold booster set was released with the FP parts for the YF-19 only, since at the time the YF-21 already included the fast packs as its own set. After several re-releases, the YF-21 came to be sold as a stand-alone valk, and the Fold booster was reissued with BOTH the 19 and 21 FAST packs included. So if you have a 21 and want the FPs, the only way you can get them now is to go for the foldbooster add-on set which has everything (except the valks, of course).

Can someone provide some clarification regarding the Yamato V2 1/60 VF-1 toys and the failing shoulders? Specifically, the reliability of the shoulders on the 30th anniversary Hikaru VF-1S with option parts.

http://www.nippon-ya...ie-version.html

I checked Anymoon.com, but it only says that the anniversary versions that come with a flashlight are safe, and those appear to be the ones that come with super/strike parts. I saw a Youtube reviewer who reviewed the TV Focker VF-1S and the Hikaru VF-1J 30th anniversary w/option parts models, and he says that those are just old stock toys with a sticker put on the box and option parts thrown into the package, so they are prone to shoulder breakage even though the anniversary sticker would lead you to believe they were made after the shoulder issue was discovered and corrected by Yamato.

Also, is there any difference between the Hikaru VF-1S and VF-1A other than the head sculpt? They look the same to me.

Edited by SuperSenpai

Can someone provide some clarification regarding the Yamato V2 1/60 VF-1 toys and the failing shoulders? Specifically, the reliability of the shoulders on the 30th anniversary Hikaru VF-1S with option parts.

http://www.nippon-ya...ie-version.html

You're safe with those.

Also, is there any difference between the Hikaru VF-1S and VF-1A other than the head sculpt? They look the same to me.

Some tampo printing which is something you can easily replace.

Hi everyone,

Complete newbie here, reporting for cannon fodder duty!

Have never bought a valkyrie before. -Shame- Either due to sitting on the fence or missing out or just plain not knowing how or where to get my hands on one!

I'm looking to pick up a DX Chogokin RVF-25 Renewal version and maybe a DX Chogokin VF-171 Cannon Fodder.

Might anyone be able to suggest where I would have a good chance of scooping one up online when they're released? (Being from Australia and all...)

...dunno if I'll be around this awesome forum for much longer after that. If the wallet doesn't kill me the wife definitely will.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi MWers,

Long time MW member, but haven't kept up with the toy releases for a while ...

For the latest valkyrie toy releases by Bandai (DX Chogokin) and Yamato (1/60, 1/48 perfect transformation series),

Does the knee bend > 90 degrees? Curious to know if they can do kneeling poses and such. So far I've looked at video reviews and website reviews and haven't found any showing kneeling poses. Thanks!

I've recently acquired my first yamato perfect transformation valkyrie (the somewhat recently reissued Skull Leader VF-1, with the optional parts) and I've had a small issue with the hip assembly.

The "T" shaped bar that is connected to the hip bar that plugs into the nosecone is what is causing me problems. Where this bar connects to the straight metal bar (located almost like a spine in battroid mode) wants to sag outward. When the hip assembly is plugged into the nosecone, at the joint where the two metal bars meet, it is forced outward as the whole figure slouches forward.

When the toy is standing, all that is preventing the hinge joint from rocking back and popping out of place is the trap door of the nosecone. And this door is permanently bluging outward, and any force on the hips that moves that joint is enough to have the trap door pop open, and the joint to fully sag outward (often disloding the hip bar clipped into place).

I am somewhat at a loss. I'm unsure if this is a common problem of the design, or if the inner section of the nosecone is supposed to grip the bar more tightly, preventing it from so easily disloding itself.

I apologize if my wording was confusing, and any information would be most appreciated.

I have a question that is puzzling me for a long time. I figured it would fit best in the OverTechnology Think Tank forums.

Do the five dots on the shoulders of the VF-25 family (present on all Frontier Valkyries as well as the VF-17) have any use besides of a design choice?

This is more of a request than a question, but does anybody happen to own the old Yamato Konig Monster and Yamato's newer destroids? I'd love to see some photos of how they compare sizewise, especially with the monster's Gerwalk... I know they're not actually to scale with each other, but I'd still like to see how they size up

• 2 weeks later...

This is more of a request than a question, but does anybody happen to own the old Yamato Konig Monster and Yamato's newer destroids? I'd love to see some photos of how they compare sizewise, especially with the monster's Gerwalk... I know they're not actually to scale with each other, but I'd still like to see how they size up

Here you go:

post-1318-0-74011700-1360460187_thumb.jpg

post-1318-0-56246300-1360460347_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if the Takatoku 1/55s ever had missile attachments for the wings? I can't seem to find any info on them. I remember having a conversation with someone a long time ago and he said that they had plastic pieces to clip missiles onto the wings paper-clip style (since the wings didn't have hard points on them), but other than this brief conversation I don't have any evidence of their existence.

Veef made a video for his replacement parts. There you can see the part that's cracked. Basically it's the pin in the shoulder hinge that is to big due to its star-shaped ends for the fit.

You can see some pictures of cracked shoulder hinges in the beginning of the video.