TOYS FAQ - The New Noobie questions thread

EXO

I've got a noob question regarding ordering from HLJ. I've used the store many times before, but I've never purchased an item that was "Backordered".

What exactly does "Backordered" mean, and when, in general, can I expect, if ever, to recieve my items?

Thanks!

From what I understand, backordering means the product is currently out of stock, but HLJ is planning to restock and has ordered more from whichever company is manufacturing the product. Just have to wait until new stock arrives.

Of course, there's no guarantee that a shipment might be canceled or delayed indefinitely.

Edited by GU-11

What's the difference in Yamato's GBP-1S products. I noticed one is in a darker blue box and one is a flatter kinda white box. Are they the same thing just different releases? Are there a difference in the parts? Does one come with more awesome goodies?

What's the difference in Yamato's GBP-1S products. I noticed one is in a darker blue box and one is a flatter kinda white box. Are they the same thing just different releases? Are there a difference in the parts? Does one come with more awesome goodies?

For which scales are we talking about: 1/48 or 1/60?

• 2 weeks later...

I know this probably has been asked a thousand times over, but where do you guys get the flexi display stands I see all the time around here?

Thanks!

Are you talking about the clear three pronged Flightpose stands?

Alright, got another n00b question to throw out there. I'm a fairly new collector, so my only experience is with 1/60 Yamato VF-1 series. But I have heard of the famous 1/48 series upon which they are based. I recently got the opportunity to pick up a 1/48 roy VF-1s for fairly cheap, and was wondering if I should make the plunge (about $100).

What exactly are some advantages and downfalls of the 1/48 (besides size of course :p ) in comparison to the 1/60 (I know some people on this forum are diehard 1/48 fans).

Thanks in advance guys!

Alright, got another n00b question to throw out there. I'm a fairly new collector, so my only experience is with 1/60 Yamato VF-1 series. But I have heard of the famous 1/48 series upon which they are based. I recently got the opportunity to pick up a 1/48 roy VF-1s for fairly cheap, and was wondering if I should make the plunge (about $100).

What exactly are some advantages and downfalls of the 1/48 (besides size of course :p ) in comparison to the 1/60 (I know some people on this forum are diehard 1/48 fans).

Thanks in advance guys!

I went thru the same problem 4 months ago. 1/48's are pure awesome. Built like bricks. Are not plagued with many issues & are the biggest valks made. The only 'cons' are the relative selection is minimal compared to the vast 1/60 scale. And if you like other Macross lines besides SDF/DYRL then your 1/48 giants will be all alone in that scale. The other con is the price. If you see one under $150 nowadays then that is sadly a pretty good deal.

That was my first 1/48 and I was blown away by it when I opened it. I just got my GBP-1S armor in today and it's epic. I also have Hikaru VF-1J on the way. If you want an awesome display 1/48's are the centerpiece.

I just got my GBP-1S armor in today and it's epic. I also have Hikaru VF-1J on the way. If you want an awesome display 1/48's are the centerpiece.

AGREED. Absolutely EPIC.

1/48's continue to amaze me to this day. Still sad to see everything going the 1/60 direction.

1:48 VS 1:60v2:

Con - Much less tempo paints - even the cockpit side kites need stickers. Chicken fingers and only TV version come with extra hands. Slightly worst B mode proportion. GBP is too fat.

Pro - Slightly better fighter mode proportion. Extra gimmicks - antenna on back pack, movable wing flaps and air brake, removable missiles in super and GBP packs.

Edit: one more pro for 1:48 - super/strike pack connected to the back pack using metal bar, more accurate than the big plastic holder on 1:60v2 but also more dangerous since it put a lot of weight on the back pack's hinge and hook.

Edited by CF18

As much as I love my 1/48s, I can't stand the 1/48 GBP. It all out of proportion and falls apart when you look at it. 1/ 60 GBP for me. Solid and nice looking. Fold up leg fins make the leg armor look so much better.

I'd love to see a properly proportioned GBP for my 1/48 that locks tight.

1/60 seems to be the standard scale now. Believe me, at 1/60 some valks are already monsters in terms of size. If you want a broad ranging in-scale collection, stick with 1/60. 1/48, like 1/100 seems dead for the most part.

hi everyone- just wanted to ask if there were Super and Strike Parts for the Yamato 1/60 v1 valks.

because of my noobness, i unknowingly purchased a v1 valk (i had no idea how much better the v2 was (imo)), and now want to make the best of my situation and get the parts for this.

unfortunately i cant find any info on the super/strike parts for the v1s, and the only yamato 1/60 parts i see on ebay are for the v2s.

thanks in advance!

No separate Super/Strike Packs set were sold for the ver. 1 1/60. The only valks sold with the Packs were Roy DYRL? VF-1S, Hikaru, Max and Miria VF-1J. The VE-1 an VT-1 came bundled with their respective packs.

thats what i was afraid of...

i got the standalone ver.1 of the Roy DYRL? VF-1S.

*sigh*

thanks for the quick answer!

No separate Super/Strike Packs set were sold for the ver. 1 1/60. The only valks sold with the Packs were Roy DYRL? VF-1S, Hikaru, Max and Miria VF-1J. The VE-1 an VT-1 came bundled with their respective packs.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The 1/48s probably no, it's been a while since we've seen one (we may see a 1/48 V2 at some point though... stranger things have happened). The 1/60 V2 Max might get re-released... history tells us that generally when the secondary market gets pretty hot on a toy Yamato eventually gives us a reissue.

Can anyone tell me what this is? Was it for sale? Prototype? Kit Model? What? Thanks

http://www.macrosswo...2002_page-3.jpg

EDIT: I know WHAT it is but was it for sale I mean...

http://macross.anime...XA1_Schneeblume

EDIT EDIT: Ok... I think it's a VF100's prototype right? THAT should be a movie version VF1!

The Beauty of Valkyrie!

Edited by Astralith

Can anyone tell me what this is? Was it for sale? Prototype? Kit Model? What? Thanks

http://www.macrosswo...2002_page-3.jpg

EDIT: I know WHAT it is but was it for sale I mean...

http://macross.anime...XA1_Schneeblume

EDIT EDIT: Ok... I think it's a VF100's prototype right? THAT should be a movie version VF1!

The Beauty of Valkyrie!

That's the SW-XAI Schneeblume, part of the advanced experimental fighter programme. It shares a lot of similarities with the VF-0 (arms, legs, feet) that Kawamori chose as the predecessor of the VF-1. I wished this one was the VF-1 predecessor in Macross Zero, but in the macross timeline it was developed to replace the VF-17 (although Kawamori itself stated it's not part of the official chronology for now).

The model kit from the magazine is 1/100 and made by IHP. IHP later became Liquid Stone (they developed a variable 1/100 YF-19 that was sold two or three times at Wonderfest) The IHP/Liquid Stone 1/100 YF-19 is the same (or almost!) as the one offered by the guys at Experten. Perhaps a member that knows better than me or can read Japanese, could tell you if Experten has anything to do wirth IHP or Liquid Stone.

I've been looking for that 1/100 IHP Schneeblume for ages!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry to post such a lazy sounding question, but the three Valkryie types I'm interested in are the YF-19, YF-0s, and the YF-25. Since I remember the problems being discussed about the first YF-0s release back when it first came out, can someone tell me which releases/versions are the best ones to get for each model with the fewest defects?

-There's a Macross Zero Vf-0s with Ghost Booster release that looks cool, but does that have the same shoulder problems that the version 1 release had?

-My local comic shop has two YF-19's, but they come in box's without plastic windows and one has a blue sticker and the other has an orange sticker with the names Double Nuts and something Phoenix on it. I'm guessing those aren't actual YF-19's and are maybe add-ons (like armor or something)

-I've never seen anyone sell the VF-25, so I assume it's was just too popular to find without having pre-ordered it. Did one version come out? Did it have flaws? Should I wait for a new version?

Any help, pictures, information, fair prices to look for, etc etc, would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

EDIT: I should also mention that I have no real idea about the differences, good or bad, between Yamato, Bandai, DC Chogokin, etc all

Edited by IdeaOfEvil