TOYS FAQ - The New Noobie questions thread

EXO

No the top of the hands are blue. I think a member here had this same issue.

BTW Jenius i was just watching your TF guide and review on the vf-19. Great video. You hit every point that may be a snag. But one question how do you "uncollapse" the gunpod? Been a while since i touched this toy.

ooh man, been a while for me too... I don't remember a trick to the gun pod. If you're just having a hard time figuring out where to get your fingernails to pull the front section down then it might help to grab a piece of Scotch tape and let that help you out.

So this question is for VF-19 Advance owners, have you noticed any durability issues with this toy, any areas I should be concerned about? I know the Toy hasn't been out long, so issues may not have shown up but help would be appreciated. I'm fixing to order one soon.

So this question is for VF-19 Advance owners, have you noticed any durability issues with this toy, any areas I should be concerned about? I know the Toy hasn't been out long, so issues may not have shown up but help would be appreciated. I'm fixing to order one soon.

I think this is better to be discussed in the VF-19 Advance thread since this is related to that specific valk. But to answer your question, I remember seeing a Japanese blogger who ordered a spare Canard to fix his set. Not sure what happened but based on the photo he shown it's more like the canard got snapped from the rotating peg. The other thing to notice is the swing metal bar. It might get loose in time and since it's tight at first, pulling the wing out from Battroid mode is kinda scary since it's too tight. And always watch out for those torso vulcans since it pops off from the railing a lot. And watch out also for the head antennae.

Let's wait for others what they can say about it. But if you re-check the VF-19 Advance thread, a lot of people already posted there what they see as a durability issue. Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how to fix the backpack hinge on a Yamato VF-1A v1? Mine broke when I tried to transform it, and it made me sad. Even though it's kind of terrible compared to my v2 VF-1S, I'd like to have it working again. Can anyone help.

So I got the following message from NY:

Hi, Customer

Due to some changes with Bandai Premium Nippon-yasan.com won't be able to propose the Pay later option for the Bandai Premium products of November and December 2015.
Unfortunately we will have to ask you to pay for your orders before 14th August 2015 09:00 A.M Japanese time or the order will be cancelled.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Thank you for your understanding.
Kind Regards,
Nippon-yasan.com

Does anyone know what kind of changes they are talking about. I assume that Bandai now charges their web shop exclusives up front. However I can't determine if this will be the case for all the exclusives after November 2015 or only for the two month before Christmas.

The order was an S.H.Figuarts Sailor Pluto but this would be interesting to know for any further Web Shop exclusive Valkyries.

So if anyone knows what has changed in the Bandai Web Shop terms of services please let me know.

Edited by Scyla

Hmm, it might not be an industry-wide change. I can only surmise the same as you but it might be specific to NY. Like if NY used to be allowed payment on delivery but now NY is ordering a lot more stuff from Bandai (or perhaps a lot less) so that arrangement is no longer beneficial to Bandai. It might be a lot more stuff and NY took a ton of orders on items for delivery in those two months.

• 4 weeks later...

I saw this video about loosening joints on toys that are squeaky:

Now I can't find the product he is using in my country but I found a silicon shock oil from Tamiya:

http://www.amazon.com/53445-Silicone-Dampener-Oil-Hard/dp/B0000WRY5C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1441446894&sr=8-1&keywords=Tamiya+300053445&pebp=1441446892287&perid=16T48JMTC1VYRZWK8PYH

Can I use this on my toys without damaging the plastic to make the joints smooth so I'm not stressing the joint.

• 3 weeks later...

Has there been any Arcadia or Bandai knock-offs?

I'm asking because I saw an ad with the Arcadia VF-0D for $70 and a Bandai Hi-Metal GBP-1 for $35. So it was either a KO or a scam.

Hope there isn't. But if there is, it's nothing new. :wacko:

But would you care to share a link, a photo or two about the 'ad' you saw?

Thanks verCO. I'm pretty sure those are KO's if ever. But the price... Wow! :lol:

I have no experience with that site but that's dubious at best. It also says they have 500 pieces of the 0D.... which is impossible.

Not to mention it comes with Free Shipping too. ;)

Has there been any Arcadia or Bandai knock-offs?

I'm asking because I saw an ad with the Arcadia VF-0D for $70 and a Bandai Hi-Metal GBP-1 for $35. So it was either a KO or a scam.

Found this site regarding tips on purchasing from AliExpress: https://www.techmesto.com/aliexpress-tips-stay-safe/

4. Think twice for items with a super low price

If you feel that the price of a particular item is much lower than its real value, it’s better to avoid it. These are most probably the Chinese knockoffs which look like a genuine product, but are not in reality.

Edited by no3ljm

Thanks no3ljm, jenius! As usual. :)

Well, it was wishful thinking. Not that I support KOs but I'd rather play with a KO and keep the original safely tucked away, if you know what I mean. Like Transformers. *grin

You're welcome verCO. ;)

Actually, that site made me curious and raise my eyebrow. I mean, there's lots of Macross stuff in there that costs below $50. Imagine, YF-30 Chronos is listed for $40.89? Free shipping to the US. And he has like 294 pieces more available. And 6 were already sold. Seller has 97.6% Feedback. Like how bad the $40 toys made by Chinese bootlegs? I mean, this is not Transformers anymore. This is a complicated transformable fighter jets. :wacko:

You're welcome verCO. ;)

Actually, that site made me curious and raise my eyebrow. I mean, there's lots of Macross stuff in there that costs below $50. Imagine, YF-30 Chronos is listed for $40.89? Free shipping to the US. And he has like 294 pieces more available. And 6 were already sold. Seller has 97.6% Feedback. Like how bad the $40 toys made by Chinese bootlegs? I mean, this is not Transformers anymore. This is a complicated transformable fighter jets. :wacko:

My thoughts exactly. That's why I opted to ask around.

Some of them are like a quarter of the actual price! Like this Arcadia GBP for $47.

My thoughts exactly. That's why I opted to ask around.

Some of them are like a quarter of the actual price! Like this Arcadia GBP for $47.

Actually that GBP link you posted now says 18% off. So it's only $38.45. Man! Not sure what's going on in this world. Hahaha! :lol:

Besides, I saw a 1/6 Hot Toys Boba Fett for... $33.53???

I saw something worth to try even though I know it's 99.9% counterfeit. But didn't push through since there's no option for PayPal. Don't want to risk my credit cards directly with them. Hahaha! :lol:

But it's funny also to know that AliExpress is China's version of eBay. And it's part of the Alibaba Group Company. And it's number one in China. Scary. :blink:

Now I'm curious to know what you would get from the seller for that amount of money. A knock-off, a gashapon version of the toy, nothing. Someone need to order these! I'm way too scared about my credit card credentials to even visit the site. :p

Now I'm curious to know what you would get from the seller for that amount of money. A knock-off, a gashapon version of the toy, nothing. Someone need to order these! I'm way too scared about my credit card credentials to even visit the site. :p

Hahaha! I was just looking on one $40 VF-1S for my son just to try it. But got too scared to even try it since there's no PayPal option. Hehehe. Anyways, for one company that claims so big in China and they don't have PayPal option? ;)

Well I did have some experience purchasing item from aliexpress for my other hobby. So far I had 8 transactions from 5 different sellers. They were okay I just had an issue when ordering a starfleet uniform. The supplier sent the wrong color and size, I asked for partial refund and got 20$ and kept the item.

Apparently aliexpress kept the fund until we actually click received payment or file complain. So I think as long as we know what we're getting into. Aliexpress is not bad.

On a note: I suddenly have a scary thought of people sorting through the failed product bin of arcadia's production company and putting hodge-podge of parts from the junk.

Scary thought.

Btw 21 have bought the VF-0S, I wonder if any are members of mwf.

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32455953038.html

Edited by valkryenov

Btw 21 have bought the VF-0S, I wonder if any are members of mwf.

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32455953038.html

And 4 of them are from US. And no feedbacks yet whatsoever from those 21 buyers. I mean, the original will be released in December, so what mold did they use for this $40 release? The Yamato one? :ph34r:

And 4 of them are from US. And no feedbacks yet whatsoever from those 21 buyers. I mean, the original will be released in December, so what mold did they use for this $40 release? The Yamato one? :ph34r:

Yup my thoughts exactly either they have access to old yamato stock or somehow tied to the company making it for arcadia (wishful thinking) or simply like KO TF toys from china.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder what happened to the 21 buyers on that VF-0S from aliexpress. The link page says that the item is not available anymore and all those links that we posted on various Valk is already 'Page Not Found'. Guess, someone already complained or someone already points it out that it's fake.

But there's still one that sells the VF-0S for $145.89. This is the seller's Macross page. ;)

I wonder what happened to the 21 buyers on that VF-0S from aliexpress. The link page says that the item is not available anymore and all those links that we posted on various Valk is already 'Page Not Found'. Guess, someone already complained or someone already points it out that it's fake.

But there's still one that sells the VF-0S for $145.89. This is the seller's Macross page. ;)

A friend of mine happens to be one of those 21 poor souls. He said that on the 29 of last month, all orders and the sellers account has been suspended by aliexpress security for possible fraudulent business activity.

In the email that he received, aliexpress security stated that the sellers have 10 days to prove that they actually have the actual items and provide shopping information. Otherwise all funds will be refunded by aliexpress in 5 working days.

Sounds like a good security to me.

A friend of mine happens to be one of those 21 poor souls. He said that on the 29 of last month, all orders and the sellers account has been suspended by aliexpress security for possible fraudulent business activity.

In the email that he received, aliexpress security stated that the sellers have 10 days to prove that they actually have the actual items and provide shopping information. Otherwise all funds will be refunded by aliexpress in 5 working days.

Sounds like a good security to me.

Nice. Atleast, aliexpress will refund all the payments. :)

I have a quick question regarding the brown Tamashii Web Shop shipping boxes. Is there any value in keeping does?

At the moment I'm trying to sort my boxes and pack them into bigger boxes. The thing is without the brown shipping box I can fit two of the Bandai boxes side by side. So now I'm debating if I should keep the brown outer box. I want to know if Bandai Web Shop are higher priced if they have the shipping box.

At the moment I'm thinking about flattening the outer box and store them somewhere else.