44 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be watching this Highlander reboot?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Should Highlander be rebooted?

• Yes - just so that we can bury Endgame and The Source.
    • No - There Can Be Only One!

I dunno, Highlander can be pretty bad, LOL.

Again, the same can be said for all types of films that have become cult favorites. So-so story/scrip/acting/etc. are almost, but not necessarily, prerequisites for cult status.

I'd be interested in a remake if handled properly, the issue is that it's a near certainty that it won't be.

-b.

Robotech, anyone?

Yeah but the difference is that the Highlander franchise failed while doing something, actually producing some new stuff(crap it may be) Robotech just failed while doing next to nothing. (i don't count comics or fanfic, i mean, novels)

I've pretty much resigned to the fact that Highlander will mever be good ever again. I don't think there has ever been a franchise so badly handled. I loved the first one, I screamed at the 2nd, i was generally indifferent about the 3rd, i vomited at the 4th, and i didn't even know the source movie existed until i stumbled across a video online of the villian drilling himself into the ground.

They didnt listen to their own mantra...

There can be only one.

• 9 months later...

Much like the Alien & Aliens, I don't understand why you people think something happened after the first Highlander. Next thing you know you'll be telling me that there was some TV series that conveniently featured an entirely different McCloud and had stupid plot twists like a group of clandestine mortals secretly "watching," an ancient immortal who can't remember his own past, and evil quickening building up enough to turn other immortals evil.

Everybody know's that the "game" was won at the end of the movie, anything else would make no sense whatsoever.

Much like the Alien & Aliens, I don't understand why you people think something happened after the first Highlander. Next thing you know you'll be telling me that there was some TV series that conveniently featured an entirely different McCloud and had stupid plot twists like a group of clandestine mortals secretly "watching," an ancient immortal who can't remember his own past, and evil quickening building up enough to turn other immortals evil.

Everybody know's that the "game" was won at the end of the movie, anything else would make no sense whatsoever.

What? That was a different McCloud? So the vilage was like "We got another one!"

The thing about the original that made it so good was the Kurgan. Yeah Ramirez was cool and and a race if immortals chopping each other's heads off is a fun premise. But every scene Clancy Brown was in was quadruply cool and fun. The fight between Ramirez and The Kurgan was the best scene in the movie.

Plus Bunny Heather was hot...

young Bunny Heather, not old crowe Bunny Heather.

• 7 months later...

Is this thing really going through?? I lked the first movie, not gonna lie, but the second movie was confusing to say the least, especially when the third movie came out and then the TV series. There was hardly any continuity in the whole franchise that you could almost label everything that came out after the first movie a reboot.

It actually boggles my mind thinking about how each film connnects to the other.

IMO, The Highlander began and ended when Connor lopped off The Kurgan's head. Anything afterwards is just fan-fiction in my eyes. :lol:

@Peter: You forgot the anime. If memory serves, it's called Highlander: The Search for Vengeance. It's apparently better than any of the live-action sequels and the TV series, although that's not saying much.

IMO, The Highlander began and ended when Connor lopped off The Kurgan's head. Anything afterwards is just fan-fiction in my eyes. :lol:

@Peter: You forgot the anime. If memory serves, it's called Highlander: The Search for Vengeance. It's apparently better than any of the live-action sequels and the TV series, although that's not saying much.

Yeah, me too. I really don't think there's any salvaging this franchise and a reboot/remake is just going to confuse people further.

Except for one fatal flaw: no Queen music.

True, although using Princes of the Universe as the TV series' opening theme didn't quite save it from mediocrity.

Honestly, there's just no equaling, let along beating, the original movie or soundtrack. Listening to "Who wants to live forever?" still gives me goosebumps to this very day.

True, although using Princes of the Universe as the TV series' opening theme didn't quite save it from mediocrity.

Honestly, there's just no equaling, let along beating, the original movie or soundtrack. Listening to "Who wants to live forever?" still gives me goosebumps to this very day.

Could this be a good alternative?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cs8zk0jxeU

The best part of the song:

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

He'd be a good fit for the role, I can see that. Tom Cruise for Rameriz? I doubt it. He wouldn't take the role unless he was gonna get 150% of the film being about him.

But I get what Lambert is saying. Why? There's no point in doing a reboot unless you're gonna make it different. Which, whatever they do, will stomp all over the original and be bad. Just the fact that they'll have characters like Rameriz and Kurgan says it right there. It'll be nothing but a modern re-hash.
Also, no Queen, no good. What are ya gonna do? Have Adam Lambert in it give a weak ass styling? I hate that guy.

• 6 years later...

It's happening! Henry Cavill will be great in it!!

That being said one of the best things about the original film was the QUEEN soundtrack. Doubt they'll be able to replicate it in the new film, especially with today's music.

Henry Cavill to Star in Highlander Remake, John Wick's Chad Stahelski Directing

https://www.ign.com/articles/henry-cavill-to-star-in-highlander-remake-john-wicks-chad-stahelski-directing

Edited by TangledThorns

48 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

It's happening! Henry Cavill will be great in it!!

That being said one of the best things about the original film was the QUEEN soundtrack. Doubt they'll be able to replicate it in the new film, especially with today's music.

Henry Cavill to Star in Highlander Remake, John Wick's Chad Stahelski Directing

https://www.ign.com/articles/henry-cavill-to-star-in-highlander-remake-john-wicks-chad-stahelski-directing

Yo....that is awesome! Cavill is the man!

Chris

Edited by Dobber

I think he's maybe too big for it.  Lambert was just a slender guy.  He looked like the underdog.  Even though he was the title character it still felt like he could lose.

2 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

I think he's maybe too big for it.  Lambert was just a slender guy.  He looked like the underdog.  Even though he was the title character it still felt like he could lose.

I'm going to agree with this. Unless he's being casted as the villain...