1/60 Yamato Web Exclusive Zentraedi Costume

Vostok 7

I've got someone who I sent these pics to, to see if this could be done, and they looked at it, and thought the craftwork on it wasn't that great (mostly the zipper). I'm getting one done for $40, and should look just as good, if not better. I told her, she should go into business and sell them here (jokingly). It'll take some time though, as she is busy doing some doll clothes for several clients. Oh well, I can definitely wait.

I've got someone who I sent these pics to, to see if this could be done, and they looked at it, and thought the craftwork on it wasn't that great (mostly the zipper). I'm getting one done for $40, and should look just as good, if not better. I told her, she should go into business and sell them here (jokingly). It'll take some time though, as she is busy doing some doll clothes for several clients. Oh well, I can definitely wait.

She really should, I would love a set.

• 3 weeks later...

The first thing I saw in noticed in the pics was the zipper. Damn, that thing covers up a lot of the front. Wonder if there's a way to replace it with a smaller zipper guide.

Indeed. That zipper guide is outrageous! :huh:

Indeed. That zipper guide is outrageous! :huh:

In my experience that is always the downfall with 1/6 scale figures too. Fasteners and whatnot look absurdly large. Heck, even the thread used to make the garments is too big because it's normal scale thread. Just the nature of the beast.

In my experience that is always the downfall with 1/6 scale figures too. Fasteners and whatnot look absurdly large. Heck, even the thread used to make the garments is too big because it's normal scale thread. Just the nature of the beast.

Hot Toys makes some spectacular figures with fine clothings, but those are over $200 figures.

Well I was hoping atleast they could have used some smaller zippers.

10.jpg

post-611-129400893253_thumb.jpg

post-611-12940089392_thumb.jpg

post-611-129400894455_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I do have mine ready to send, but this damn flood holocaust will delay it further. lol, serious stuff these inland tsunamis are.

Hang in there! I hope the worst is far behind you.

When you do get it in, post a review. Love to hear your opinion on it.

It's such an awesome accessory. But man, it's expensive for what it is!

I am more curious what the reaction of the girls* will be when they see that we bought doll clothes for our robots.

Anyone?

*those that have not watched Macross.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Probably not as bad as when they see the more suggestive Sheryl and Ranka dolls.^_^

Well.....lets see.. since I bit the bullet and started collecting the V2 valks (I promise myself to only get one of each!) I did manage to get a set. Now as far as the wife's response...hmmm she has already seen me dress up my Yamato doll and change her outfit once a month, her seeing me dress up a valkyrie is probably more acceptable for her than me dressing up my yamato doll. LOL

BTW I did find someone who can maybe...duplicate it for the 1/48 version. I'll see how the final product is and then see if she'll make a few for mass production.

Well.....lets see.. since I bit the bullet and started collecting the V2 valks (I promise myself to only get one of each!) I did manage to get a set. Now as far as the wife's response...hmmm she has already seen me dress up my Yamato doll and change her outfit once a month, her seeing me dress up a valkyrie is probably more acceptable for her than me dressing up my yamato doll. LOL

BTW I did find someone who can maybe...duplicate it for the 1/48 version. I'll see how the final product is and then see if she'll make a few for mass production.

Count me in if the final price and outcome are good.