HG and Robotech Debates

I united and grade up my posted article to MW,or revised sentence to my idea and project in Japanese language.

>I want you powered enterprise for the negotiation!

That's meanings are I want you who is bilingual contributers ,stuff(Bilingual Lawyer for the settlement and @Smart Interpreter.),powered enterprise for the negotiation(Warner Bros.in USA etc,TOHO Co.,Ltd.in japan,and )and more intend to cosponsorship by "Carter Aviation Technologes","Northrop Grumman Corporation/NYSE:NOC " etc. in the future.

Edited by yui1107

That's meanings are I want you who is bilingual contributers ,stuff(Bilingual Lawyer for the settlement and @Smart Interpreter.),powered enterprise for the negotiation

Okay, yeah... you're making it really hard for me to keep insisting you're not a troll.

Before your delusional fantasies get any further out of hand, let me spell it out for you in plain language. There is absolutely no chance of you accomplishing anything by continuing to do this. No sane lawyer is going to be a big enough idiot to get involved in your fool's errand, because you have no grounds for taking Big West or Harmony Gold USA to court, and neither company has any reason to even give you the time of day because you obviously don't even understand the real problem here. Do yourself (and us) a favor and just stop already. :rolleyes:

Edited by Seto Kaiba

I united and grade up my posted article to MW,or revised sentence to my idea and project in Japanese language.

>I want you powered enterprise for the negotiation!

That's meanings are I want you who is bilingual contributers ,stuff(Bilingual Lawyer for the settlement and @Smart Interpreter.),powered enterprise for the negotiation(Warner Bros.in USA etc,TOHO Co.,Ltd.in japan,and )and more intend to cosponsorship by "Carter Aviation Technologes","Northrop Grumman Corporation/NYSE:NOC " etc. in the future.

I would take you much more seriously if you posted pictures of yourself in a bikini.

In A.D. 2010

Negotiation was Beginning.

Nah... it ended long before it could begin, because our would-be negotiator doesn't understand the problem and seems to have a rather tenuous grip on reality.

Yui, you spelled Bubblegum Crisis wrong in your interests. There's no 2040.

Actually... there is, she's just missing part of the show's full title. It was a pretty weak reimagining of the original Bubblegum Crisis OVA put together as a 26-episode TV series by AIC back in 1998. I actually have a copy of that wretched abortion on DVD. The updated character designs and futuristic aesthetic of the city aren't bad, but the rest of the show is downright dreadful. The last half of the show is basically just the Knight Sabers beating up a parade of identical-looking robot zombies that devolves into what is almost a classic zombie movie plot near the end, when they're holed up in Sylia's basement.

Don't forget Sylia going completely batshit crazy, and the super aweful liquid hardsuits...wtf were they thinking? Hell, Mackey isn't even incestuous, wtf was the point in doing the remake if they were going to change Mackey? Wasted attempt was wasted. Burst Angel wasn't the best either, but it was a much better BGC knock-off.

Don't forget Sylia going completely batshit crazy, and the super aweful liquid hardsuits...wtf were they thinking? Hell, Mackey isn't even incestuous, wtf was the point in doing the remake if they were going to change Mackey? Wasted attempt was wasted.

Hell, that's not the only thing that was wasted... the whole bloody show was a catastrophe of bad writing and worse design. Of course, you can't really say much for any of the attempts to build on the story and setting of Bubblegum Crisis. Bubblegum Crash wasn't exactly fantastic, and both AD Police Files and AD Police: To Serve and Protect were pretty awful. I haven't seen Parasite Dolls yet, but I can't imagine it's much better. They've got a track record almost as bad as Robotech's...

Actually... there is, she's just missing part of the show's full title. It was a pretty weak reimagining of the original Bubblegum Crisis OVA put together as a 26-episode TV series by AIC back in 1998. I actually have a copy of that wretched abortion on DVD. The updated character designs and futuristic aesthetic of the city aren't bad, but the rest of the show is downright dreadful. The last half of the show is basically just the Knight Sabers beating up a parade of identical-looking robot zombies that devolves into what is almost a classic zombie movie plot near the end, when they're holed up in Sylia's basement.

As I said in my last post, never happened.

Hey, I like Crash. It wasn't quite as good as the other movies, but it looked and sounded about the same to me.

BTW, among the things I found when I looked in the closet was the Imai 1/20 Macross Gun-Pod GU-11 that shoots pellets. At one point I put it together and got it to shoot but broke it somehow.

edit: Sorry for the double post. I thought someone posted ahead of me.

Edited by Legioss

Hey, I like Crash. It wasn't quite as good as the other movies, but it looked and sounded about the same to me.

BTW, among the things I found when I looked in the closet was the Imai 1/20 Macross Gun-Pod GU-11 that shoots pellets. At one point I put it together and got it to shoot but broke it somehow.

edit: Sorry for the double post. I thought someone posted ahead of me.

Crash was the birth of the divergent BGC. How different would things have been if fan outcry over the (true) rumors that Priss was going to die hadn't prompted the producers to force the staff into letting her live (and thus breaking up the staff) we'll never know. But I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have gotten the Crash/2040 zombie boomers! Besides, Largo killing Priss, and Vision taking her spot would have been an awesome ending for that episode.

Edited by Keith

Imagine BGC by Harmony Gold and DR Movie. Everyone's 7' tall, even Nene. Mackie has a ripped physique with broad shoulders and giant pecs. The Boomers discuss their evil plans inside Genom. "The Knight Sabers will never expect us. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...!"

Imagine BGC by Harmony Gold and DR Movie. Everyone's 7' tall, even Nene. Mackie has a ripped physique with broad shoulders and giant pecs. The Boomers discuss their evil plans inside Genom. "The Knight Sabers will never expect us. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...!"

Hmm, might work if they could hire John Travolta to be the head Boomer, or maybe even as Mason...hmm.

You know what? If yui1107 wants to do this pointless endeavor, let her do it and put her on your ignore list so that you never have to see her machine translated posts again. It's obvious that 1) there's a language barrier issue 2) she doesn't understand what's going on and, 3) she has no standing in this issue anyways. If you want to respond to her, do it in PM instead of wasting space here.

In A.D. 2010

Negotiation was Beginning.

Yui, you spelled Bubblegum Crisis wrong in your interests. There's no 2040.

I correct spell "Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040".

Anyone go to Anime Weekend Atlanta last weekend by chance and notice the security staffers with their black T-shirts with the UN SPACEY logo and the words "UN Spacey" printed on front?

I did and I also happened to over hear this funny exchange between an apparently well informed dealer and a security staffer:

"So how much did it cost for you guys to get HG's permission for their trademarked UN Spacey logo?"

"Ah well nothing actually... You see [John Doe], our shirt designer, changed it a little here [points to kite logo]... So its our original artwork for us to use now." :lol:

Anyone go to Anime Weekend Atlanta last weekend by chance and notice the security staffers with their black T-shirts with the UN SPACEY logo and the words "UN Spacey" printed on front?

I did and I also happened to over hear this funny exchange between an apparently well informed dealer and a security staffer:

"So how much did it cost for you guys to get HG's permission for their trademarked UN Spacey logo?"

"Ah well nothing actually... You see [John Doe], our shirt designer, changed it a little here [points to kite logo]... So its our original artwork for us to use now." :lol:

This sounds so made up. Got proof?

This sounds so made up. Got proof?

60932749430164007226071.png

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs669.snc4/60932_749430164007_22607191_40149422_4595931_n.jpg

This picture I just grabbed off of a random facebook album, but I will dig for better shots of AWA security staffers and their UN Spacey shirts if and when I can from the 400 GB of AWA video footage captured on a friend's hard drive. While their is no recording or anything of the conversation I witnessed while I was chilling in the dealers room, their should be plenty to show of the UN Spacy Staff shirts themselves.

What I want to know is are my old rotting Robotech comics worth something!?

I think the only comic that is worth something is the Comico Macross #1 mainly because of the use of the original SDF Macross title on the cover.

An angry Fred Reed, Seto? I thought I was more along the lines of a pissed-off Paul LeVin, or even better, Michael Savage. ;)

Edited by Wanzerfan

I think the only comic that is worth something is the Comico Macross #1 mainly because of the use of the original SDF Macross title on the cover.

An angry Fred Reed, Seto? I thought I was more along the lines of a pissed-off Paul LeVin, or even better, Michael Savage. ;)

Maybe a miffed Fred Savage...

Okay, yeah... the first issue of Comico's Macross adaptation might be worth something, if only as something esoteric that reflects what Robotech almost was.

Uh-huh... y'know, if you stopped trying to emulate angry right-wing political commentators in your posts, it might go a LONG way toward changing people's attitudes towards you. When you get to ranting or trying to post trenchant remarks about various subjects, it makes it a lot easier for you to make the kind of mistakes Gubaba and taksraven keep ridin' your ass for.

Uh-huh... y'know, if you stopped trying to emulate angry right-wing political commentators in your posts, it might go a LONG way toward changing people's attitudes towards you. When you get to ranting or trying to post trenchant remarks about various subjects, it makes it a lot easier for you to make the kind of mistakes Gubaba and taksraven keep ridin' your ass for.

............................................________

....................................,.-'"...................``~.,

.............................,.-"..................................."-.,

.........................,/...............................................":,

.....................,?......................................................\,

.................../...........................................................,}

................./......................................................,:`^`..}

.............../...................................................,:"........./

..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../

............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../

.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/

..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}

...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../

...,,,___.\`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../

............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"

............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\

.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__

,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,

.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\

...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\

................................`:,,...........................`\..............__

.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``

........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\

...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`

............................................________

....................................,.-'"...................``~.,

.............................,.-"..................................."-.,

.........................,/...............................................":,

.....................,?......................................................\,

.................../...........................................................,}

................./......................................................,:`^`..}

.............../...................................................,:"........./

..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../

............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../

.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/

..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}

...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../

...,,,___.\`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../

............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"

............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\

.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__

,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,

.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\

...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\

................................`:,,...........................`\..............__

.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``

........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\

...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`

I second that.

I did in fact sell some of my Robotech comics. You have to find a Robotech fan. They're the ones who value the comics, not the stores. The store doesn't need to fill the gaps in it's Robotech collection. That's why I don't put them on eBay.

I did in fact sell some of my Robotech comics. You have to find a Robotech fan. They're the ones who value the comics, not the stores. The store doesn't need to fill the gaps in it's Robotech collection. That's why I don't put them on eBay.

Like I said... about the only people for whom the old Robotech comics have any value are old Robotech fans. Newer fans have little or no interest in them, because they're non-canon and almost universally reviled in the online fanbase.

I second that.

Impressive ASCII art, but an image macro would've worked just as well. :p You have to admit I have a point... if he stopped trying to come off like an angry right-wing columnist all the time, he might stop to do his research first and partially alleviate his terminal case of foot-in-mouth.:wacko:

Impressive ASCII art, but an image macro would've worked just as well. :p You have to admit I have a point... if he stopped trying to come off like an angry right-wing columnist all the time, he might stop to do his research first and partially alleviate his terminal case of foot-in-mouth.:wacko:

Double_facepalm.jpg

Okay, point taken.

The reasons why I like The Malcontent Uprisings from the Eternity line so much were Bill Spangler's writing (pretty good, but I know there's better out there), and Michael Ling's excellent artwork. I mean, c'mon, who didn't crack a grin when Breetai gave that Army of the Southern Cross infantryman a Big Bad Boot to the face in issue #7 (the best of the old Robotech issues, in my opinion).

Okay, point taken.

The reasons why I like The Malcontent Uprisings from the Eternity line so much were Bill Spangler's writing (pretty good, but I know there's better out there), and Michael Ling's excellent artwork.

Excellent...? *snort*

Whatever you say, bro. :rolleyes:

robotechmalcontentupris.jpg