HG and Robotech Debates

I see they have also sent their posse to the site too to prove something very obscure. Hopefully, they do not set their focus on the site as the next topic for their shows.

No they're too busy crying like little bitches because they were banned from another robotech site. So now they're accusing it of being a macross site

when they can't get it through their thick skulls, that no one wants them around.

I see they have also sent their posse to the site too to prove something very obscure. Hopefully, they do not set their focus on the site as the next topic for their shows.

There's also Grace's version of Aimo and Do You Remember Love.

Where could I possibly find that at?

Actually...I've always thought that the story behind Fire Bomber American rather eerily echoes Robotech... That Fire Bomber creates music, Fire Bomber American takes that music, translates it (sort of) into English, and then claims credit for the whole thing.

Okay yeah... that almost does sound like a dig at Harmony Gold and Carl Macek...

No they're too busy crying like little bitches because they were banned from another robotech site. So now they're accusing it of being a macross site when they can't get it through their thick skulls, that no one wants them around.

Really, that's proved to be a bit of a pattern with the more belligerent and/or ignorant members of the Robotech fandom. Whenever things aren't going their way, they drag out the tired old "Macross purist troll" straw man as a convenient blame figure so they can carry on believing that the reason nobody wants to be around them is that the Macross purists are conspiring against the "true Robotech fans". No surprise, the idiot responsible for calling said side "MacrossWorld 2.0" was banned a good six months ago, and has since attempted to come back under four or five different alts, only to be outed and banned before he can make even a dozen posts, despite his frequent protests that trying to sneak back on under alts is beneath his dignity.

Where could I possibly find that at?

Macross Frontier... I think Grace's version of Aimo first appears in episode 16 (and can be found on Macross Frontier OST 2 and OST 3. I believe the redone DYRL song is also on OST 2 and 3, and appears in episodes 24/25 of the series.

No surprise, the idiot responsible for calling said side "MacrossWorld 2.0" was banned a good six months ago, and has since attempted to come back under four or five different alts, only to be outed and banned before he can make even a dozen posts, despite his frequent protests that trying to sneak back on under alts is beneath his dignity.

What "dignity"??? :p:D

I forgot I had a Robotech.com account.

Found some of their robotech.com store email spam.

Looks like they are going to be selling Revoltech Valkyries.

http://www.robotech.com/store/viewpreord.php

I thought Kaiyodo got their license from Big West & Co. Did they make a deal with HG on the side? Is HG themselves acting as a generic USA based online store and ordering them from a distributor like everyone else is?

All they're doing is importing the figures and selling them on their own. Im pretty sure HG doesn't have the kind of money to make any kind of deal with Kaiyodo.

All they're doing is importing the figures and selling them on their own. Im pretty sure HG doesn't have the kind of money to make any kind of deal with Kaiyodo.

a.k.a. They are still acting as the middleman for other, successful products rather than maintaining their own franchise which they claim to own.

Edited by Einherjar

Okay yeah... that almost does sound like a dig at Harmony Gold and Carl Macek...

Really, that's proved to be a bit of a pattern with the more belligerent and/or ignorant members of the Robotech fandom. Whenever things aren't going their way, they drag out the tired old "Macross purist troll" straw man as a convenient blame figure so they can carry on believing that the reason nobody wants to be around them is that the Macross purists are conspiring against the "true Robotech fans". No surprise, the idiot responsible for calling said side "MacrossWorld 2.0" was banned a good six months ago, and has since attempted to come back under four or five different alts, only to be outed and banned before he can make even a dozen posts, despite his frequent protests that trying to sneak back on under alts is beneath his dignity.

He recently got pwned by Tommy Yune during the Interview on the spanish podcast.

Tommy remembered who he was and told him he owes Chris Meadows an apology

and after that idiot boy remained silent for the rest of the interview.

lol not so hot is he now? Got smacked down by big bad Tommy Yune :p

Edited by HappyPenguins

He recently got pwned by Tommy Yune during the Interview on the spanish podcast.

Who copped a serve from Tommy during the Podcast??

Taksraven

Who's "Chris Meadows", and why does Bendover owe him an apology? :unsure::huh:

Who's "Chris Meadows", and why does Bendover owe him an apology? :unsure::huh:

Meadows was the host of the space station liberty podcast, and once had bendo on his show where he interviewed Tommy, only to have bendo take over it.

Also that's how Tommy remembered who he was =P what a way to be remembered eh?

lol not so hot is he now? Got smacked down by big bad Tommy Yune tongue.gif

Hmm, so the Robotech heirarchy goes

Pie > Tommy Yune > Doug Bendo, hmmm

Hmm, so the Robotech heirarchy goes

Pie > Tommy Yune > Doug Bendo, hmmm

If you're talking about the extent of their actual contributions to the Robotech fandom, then that sounds about right. Tommy Yune's sole contributions have been a lousy direct-to-DVD movie, trying to broaden the show's appeal by eroding the differences that set it apart from its Macross origins, and trying to pretend that things are going great. Bendo, well... he's Bendo. That's all that needs to be said, and all the evidence necessary to rank his contribution to the fandom as slightly less than an inanimate object.

Macross Frontier... I think Grace's version of Aimo first appears in episode 16 (and can be found on Macross Frontier OST 2 and OST 3. I believe the redone DYRL song is also on OST 2 and 3, and appears in episodes 24/25 of the series.

Thank you Seto. ^_^

Hmmmmm..... I remember not to long ago, HG sending out certain letters of a cease and desist nature, to certain online shops selling certain Macross products. Claiming that the import products would hurt there line of products, causing a loss in sales.... Now HG is importing some of those said items themselves. :huh: So there cool with selling import Macross merchandise, as long as there the ones doing it? Hypocrisy much HG? Well on the bright side, the Kaiyodo figures will probably be many times better then those horrible super possibles they had some time ago. Also, if there doing that, does this mean they'll eventually start selling yammies on there site? I mean if they did, they could re-package them as "The Re-masterpiece Collection". I mean they looooove rehashing there products, so it would be perfect for them, all that has to be done, is have Tommy do some new fan art for the boxes and done. I better stop before I give them idas. :(

Edited by SkullLeaderVF-X

Hmmmmm..... I remember not to long ago, HG sending out certain letters of a cease and desist nature, to certain online shops selling certain Macross products. Claiming that the import products would hurt there line of products, causing a loss in sales.... Now HG is importing some of those said items themselves.

Well, yeah... now that they've licensed the merchandising rights to DYRL they're in no danger of having some other company license DYRL and its merchandising rights and trying to undermine Robotech with content and merchandise that doesn't suck. So now they can profit from their own malfeasance by importing and selling Macross toys from SDF:M and DYRL to Robotech fans, who'll eagerly snap them up because the only part of Robotech 99% of the fandom cares about is Macross... so anything VF-1-related is practically guaranteed to sell.

Well, yeah... now that they've licensed the merchandising rights to DYRL they're in no danger of having some other company license DYRL and its merchandising rights and trying to undermine Robotech with content and merchandise that doesn't suck. So now they can profit from their own malfeasance by importing and selling Macross toys from SDF:M and DYRL to Robotech fans, who'll eagerly snap them up because the only part of Robotech 99% of the fandom cares about is Macross... so anything VF-1-related is practically guaranteed to sell.

*gasp* That means most of the robotech fandom are macross purists! :wacko:

Some ramblings on RT.com offering the transforming Revoltechs:

ahchu: "Shouldn't HG repackage this as a Robotech product here since HG is trying put Robotech in a more marketable position?"

MEMO1DOMINION: "DID YOU NOT KNOW THAT HG OWNS MACROSS OUTSIDE OF JAPAN AND IF DISTRIBUTORS WANT IT SOLD LEGALLY THEY HAVE TO GO THROUGH HG?

WAY TO GO. THAT'S WHAT FANS WANTED, NOT TO PAY THOSE HUGE IMPORTS.

LOOKS LIKE WAITING ON THOSE EXPENSIVE IMPORTS IS ... PAYING OFF. NOW LETS SEE IF OTHER JAPANESE TOYS COMPANY'S FOLLOW SUIT.

HEHEHE"

Some ramblings on RT.com offering the transforming Revoltechs:

ahchu: "Shouldn't HG repackage this as a Robotech product here since HG is trying put Robotech in a more marketable position?"

MEMO1DOMINION: "DID YOU NOT KNOW THAT HG OWNS MACROSS OUTSIDE OF JAPAN AND IF DISTRIBUTORS WANT IT SOLD LEGALLY THEY HAVE TO GO THROUGH HG?

WAY TO GO. THAT'S WHAT FANS WANTED, NOT TO PAY THOSE HUGE IMPORTS.

LOOKS LIKE WAITING ON THOSE EXPENSIVE IMPORTS IS ... PAYING OFF. NOW LETS SEE IF OTHER JAPANESE TOYS COMPANY'S FOLLOW SUIT.

HEHEHE"

This really helps Macross more than anything. Having these sold in the U.S. by Toynami as a distributor only puts small amounts of money in HG's pocket, but really helps Revoltech out by selling more units. As far as the price point, I've been able to buy these same Revoltechs at the same price rt.com is selling them at. There's no plus to many, having these distributed over here through rt.com. Buying these through some of the local e-tailers (the ones that are already available) cost the same. What this also shows is simply this, Macross still sells, enough for HG to still want a piece of it. No matter what, Macross still seems to have the be all, end all to Robotech.

Funkensteim wrote:"The Revo figures are actually cheaper if you import them... HLJ has them at 40% off."

Proves my point, and one that many here have said for sometime. Having HG distribute this stuff doesn't make it any cheaper. I'm still gonna go to my local shop, and get these at same or lower price, and skip the shipping, rather than pay sales tax and shipping and MSRP at rt.com.

Edited by Jasonc

What took them so long? I got Hikaru's DYRL Revoltech Valkyrie at a convention for $19.99 like a year or two ago. HG might be a bit too late to capitalize on even those who didn't want to go against their legal right to buy stuff. And who actually follows that logic these days? This isn't the 80s, 90s, or early 00s, since everything is fair game online if you know where to look for stuff at affordable prices without some business bullying you otherwise.

*gasp* That means most of the robotech fandom are macross purists! :wacko:

No, they don't spend their days plotting nefarious schemes to oppress the true Robotech believers while maniacally stroking their goatees.

What took them so long? I got Hikaru's DYRL Revoltech Valkyrie at a convention for $19.99 like a year or two ago. HG might be a bit too late to capitalize on even those who didn't want to go against their legal right to buy stuff. And who actually follows that logic these days? This isn't the 80s, 90s, or early 00s, since everything is fair game online if you know where to look for stuff at affordable prices without some business bullying you otherwise.

These just came out at the end of January, So they're only 4 months late. http://www.hlj.com/product/KYD010179

of course that's 4 months after everyone figured out these are crap and nobody want's one. :rolleyes:

Edited by anime52k8

Bendoforafriend probably sat there silently crying his eyes out after that. Would have been a great sight to behold.....

Taksraven

Bendoforafriend probably sat there silently crying his eyes out after that. Would have been a great sight to behold.....

Taksraven

Hmm, should we expect him to go turncoat, suddenly proclaiming his love of Macross now that HG has burned him publicly?

Hmm, should we expect him to go turncoat, suddenly proclaiming his love of Macross now that HG has burned him publicly?

I doubt it...

Bendover doesn't have anything else except for Robotech. Gods know it hasn't made any friends with any other group attributed to Robotech.com...

Edited by Saraphys

I doubt it...

Bendover doesn't have anything else except for Robotech. Gods know it hasn't made any friends with any other group attributed to Robotech.com...

Bendover did say he's a fan of Gundam. Then again, he'd be ripped apart by Gundam fans. B))

Edited by Moly_Sigang

I don't know if this has been touched on already so forgive me if it has. Could HG do the following?

1) Send C&Ds to all companies selling Macross properties within the US.

2) Find a wholesaler in Japan and purchase the Macross items HG forbids other US retailers to sell

3) Become the sole US company importing and selling Macross goods in the US? It's not quite the same as receiving their rights payments (since it requires work beyond just receiving a check) but it's still better than nothing.

If this were wrong to do, they could certainly start an affiliated company and make a very similar arrangment. This company would pay HG a fee for each Macross item sold (say, 1%) and thus get exclusive rights to sell Macross merchandise in the US. This way HG could still get some money from all the super sweet Macross merchandise out there and the Macross manufacturers wouldn't be screwed by their agreements with BW to not re-license their wares through HG. Heck, this could even be a new business model. If stores like BBTS still wanted to sell Macross items they could be allowed to, provided THEY paid the licensing right to HG since the manufacturers are forbidden from doing so.

Edited by jenius

I don't know if this has been touched on already so forgive me if it has. Could HG do the following?

1) Send C&Ds to all companies selling Macross properties within the US.

2) Find a wholesaler in Japan and purchase the Macross items HG forbids other US retailers to sell

3) Become the sole US company importing and selling Macross goods in the US? It's not quite the same as receiving their rights payments (since it requires work beyond just receiving a check) but it's still better than nothing.

1) Yes. They've done it and are doing it now.

2) They could do that.

3) Ideally, that's what HG and most other businesses want to do.

If this were wrong to do, they could certainly start an affiliated company and make a very similar arrangment. This company would pay HG a fee for each Macross item sold (say, 1%) and thus get exclusive rights to sell Macross merchandise in the US. This way HG could still get some money from all the super sweet Macross merchandise out there and the Macross manufacturers wouldn't be screwed by their agreements with BW to not re-license their wares through HG. Heck, this could even be a new business model. If stores like BBTS still wanted to sell Macross items they could be allowed to, provided THEY paid the licensing right to HG since the manufacturers are forbidden from doing so.

While they could, most would not prefer the middle-man. HG could force a certain distributor or wholesaler via license contract. This would affect the 3rd party seller (i.e., BBTS). If they can only go through a certain distributor, that would affect their pricing. Which means they would have to sell at a certain price to recoup the lost from the contract. They would also have less bargaining room if they couldn't set a price point with the distributor. Ideally, the best line is manufacturer->distributor->seller. Anybody who gets in-between there would affect the bottom-line of anybody after them. So yes, you could do that but it's going to affect someone after which might make things less attractive. In other words, this is more a matter of money.

1. Yes, HG can send C&D order to companies selling Macross toys/video games/Macross sequels in the US.

2. I believe they can, since recently, RT.com has started selling Revoltech Valks.

3. This is what HG is aiming for.

Yes to all three.

Only problem I see is that HG doesn't get a cut of the License fee. Only a profit if what they offer sells. If no one buys they get nothing. At least from Toynami HG gets paid either way.

BW gets a license fee from Japanese Toy Company X. HG buys Macross stuff from Japanese Toy Distributor and act as sole seller in the US.

These just came out at the end of January, So they're only 4 months late. http://www.hlj.com/product/KYD010179

of course that's 4 months after everyone figured out these are crap and nobody want's one. :rolleyes:

Oh ok, I thought they were the non-transformable ones from before.

So the only advantages to these toys are that they're "cheap," "legal," and new?

Edited by Einherjar