HG and Robotech Debates

I think it's more along the lines that WB would rather focus on their DC Comics properties than an untested property like Robotech.

Yes, yes of course! Robotech is the "Southern Cross" in WB's acquired rights catalog, a mediocre property buried and forgotten among a pile of more successful properties. :lol:

When I read that the supposed Kasdan script was rejected because of the announcements of the different writing teams being added to the LAM I find it very disingenuous. There's no evidence that anything has been rejected. I read an article about the original Spiderman script written by James Cameron. When rights changed hands other writers came and changed or added more material to Cameron's original script. In the original story the villains were Electro and Sandman but due to rewrites for various reasons (sometimes budgetary) the Green Goblin was used. Giving Spidey bio-webbing was a Cameron idea that survived the rewrites. What I'm saying is that these scripts aren't always thrown out but are recycled.

There's no evidence that anything (the rewritten Robotech script) has been rejected.

When you think about it, diehard Robotech supporters should be rejoicing that the WB LAM isn't going to be released for a long, long, long time.

Think about it - no more awkward announcements at the con panels. No more empty promises year after year. In fact, we're starting to see positive effects of the delay already! To think, Tommy Yune finally got off his fat butt and is finally developing another animated "feature". Sure, it's not your precious Shadow Rising, but it's a start, right?

In some ways, silencing the LAM naysayers seems almost... unproductive.

To this I say, No more LAM! No more LAM!!!

Edited by chrisk

Think about it - no more awkward announcements at the con panels. No more empty promises year after year. In fact, we're starting to see positive effects of the delay already! To think, Tommy Yune finally got off his fat butt and is finally developing another animated "feature".

Eh... really, that might be overly optimistic.

Let's be honest here... once you do away with all of their awkward announcements and empty promises about allegedly forthcoming Robotech works, there's not a whole lot of substance in their convention panels each year. If you take away their flimflam and deceptively worded platitudes, they might as well call the whole convention tour off because they won't have anything to talk about. I'm half-inclined to suspect the real reason Tommy up and announced this new "side story" project was so they'd have something new to make empty promises and awkward announcements about since they've long since exhausted any announcement potential in what little progress has been made on the live action movie.

I'm half-inclined to suspect the real reason Tommy up and announced this new "side story" project was so they'd have something new to make empty promises and awkward announcements about since they've long since exhausted any announcement potential in what little progress has been made on the live action movie.

I think you are mixing "ineptitude" up with "evil". There is a difference.

Taksraven

Eh... really, that might be overly optimistic.

Let's be honest here... once you do away with all of their awkward announcements and empty promises about allegedly forthcoming Robotech works, there's not a whole lot of substance in their convention panels each year. If you take away their flimflam and deceptively worded platitudes, they might as well call the whole convention tour off because they won't have anything to talk about. I'm half-inclined to suspect the real reason Tommy up and announced this new "side story" project was so they'd have something new to make empty promises and awkward announcements about since they've long since exhausted any announcement potential in what little progress has been made on the live action movie.

And then the endless loop continues on. :(

Next prediction: Tommy Yune will say that they're going to target the RLAM to run against the next Star Trek in 2012.

Also, I wonder if you called HG's realestate division to talk about properties, do you think you'd get a direct line to Tommy or Kevin? smile.gif

Edited by Keith

And then the endless loop continues on.

NO! A thousands times NO! I refused to believe there is no End to the Circle!!! I mean... how can anybody live like this!? What kind of a person would pin his hopes and dreams on the release of a live action version of a cartoon show from the 80's? Or a "side story" of a cartoon for that matter??

Next predition: Tommy Yune will say that they're going to target the RLAM to run against the next Star Trek in 2012.

Y'know, the real tragedy here is that what you're saying isn't just possible... it's entirely plausible. Hell, there's a pretty good chance that some enterprising Robotech fan blogger or podcaster has already latched onto that as a way of explaining the profound lack of progress on the project thus far. It wouldn't be anything new... the usual suspects on robotech.com have already been telling people Paramount rushed Transformers 2 for fear of having competition from Robotech. From there, it's not much of a stretch.

Also, I wonder if you called HG's realestate division to talk about properties, do you think you'd get a direct line to Tommy or Kevin? :)

Nah... from what I hear you're far more likely to get Steve. IIRC, when he's not policing the increasingly quiet BBS over on robotech.com, his job is to manage their licensing agreements and whatnot.

NO! A thousands times NO! I refused to believe there is no End to the Circle!!! I mean... how can anybody live like this!? What kind of a person would pin his hopes and dreams on the release of a live action version of a cartoon show from the 80's? Or a "side story" of a cartoon for that matter??

I could name names... but that might be hitting below the belt.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

Pardon my intrusion,

But I wanted to ask if I used the term "hiatus" correctly because I look forward to seeing the Macross movie (not to derail this thread with that) but at another site I commented on the status of Robotech being in "hiatus hell" because a few fans think the Macross movie was "lame" here below is the link:

http://www.robotech.com/community/forum/read.php?id=2008733&forumid=24&pagenumber=4

And one thing that makes me wonder is why do so many people (like rhade) claim to be a Robotech and Macross fan but yet ignores the comatose state of Robotech and ignores what Macross has to offer. Maybe some Robotech fans are "sore" at Macross because Macross has much more to offer than Robotech. They so sore that the said member (rhade) told me I need to come here to talk about the flaws in Robotech so I will not get banned.

Sorry to pop in suddenly.

Pardon my intrusion,

But I wanted to ask if I used the term "hiatus" correctly because I look forward to seeing the Macross movie (not to derail this thread with that) but at another site I commented on the status of Robotech being in "hiatus hell" because a few fans think the Macross movie was "lame" here below is the link:

http://www.robotech....24&pagenumber=4

And one thing that makes me wonder is why do so many people (like rhade) claim to be a Robotech and Macross fan but yet ignores the comatose state of Robotech and ignores what Macross has to offer. Maybe some Robotech fans are "sore" at Macross because Macross has much more to offer than Robotech. They so sore that the said member (rhade) told me I need to come here to talk about the flaws in Robotech so I will not get banned.

Sorry to pop in suddenly.

The "how dare the people who made the thing that our thing copies make more when we have none" crowd has never made sense, and never will.

But I wanted to ask if I used the term "hiatus" correctly because [...] at another site I commented on the status of Robotech being in "hiatus hell" [...]

Eh... by the conventionally accepted definition, to say that a series or movie is "on hiatus" at some point in the production process typically means that work on the production has been (temporarily) suspended. The use of "indefinite hiatus" in that same context is basically a statement that work on a production has stopped with no indication of when or if it will resume.

I suspect the reason you're getting pushback over your use of "hiatus" to describe the present situation is the result of something Kevin McKeever said and had to retract back around the time they announced that Maguire Entertainment had obtained the rights to make a live action Robotech movie. The first thing Kevin said was that Robotech: Shadow Rising was on hiatus... he then had to issue a retraction after that stirred up a bit of a furor and claimed that, contrary to what it says in the dictionary, hiatus doesn't mean they stopped working on it... just that they're working on different parts of it now. Tommy Yune later came clean on the subject and admitted that Robotech: Shadow Rising is on hold pending progress on the live action movie. Mind you, there's been no announcement that the live action movie is on hiatus... it would be more accurate to say it's stuck in development hell, i.e. they're working on it but they're not getting anywhere.

And one thing that makes me wonder is why do so many people (like rhade) claim to [...]

Okay, yeah... there's your problem right there. If the best exemplar of a levelheaded and knowledgeable fan of both Robotech and Macross is rhade, there's a problem with your sample population. In the interest of fairness, rhade knows quite a bit about Robotech and is probably one of the few halfway-knowledgeable fans left on the wretched hive of scum and villainy we know as the robotech.com message boards. The problem is that he's got ambitions of moderator-dom, so he's prone to toeing the pro-HG party line. He also doesn't know a whole lot about Macross, but at least he has enough sense to consult past posts of people who do and rephrase what they wrote so he can look like he does. I very much doubt that he's actually seen Macross Frontier: the False Diva. It sounds more like he's reiterating complaints gleaned from the movie's review thread on these forums.

I didn't say nothing.

Neither did I... :lol::p

The "how dare the people who made the thing that our thing copies make more when we have none" crowd has never made sense, and never will.

QFT. Still, I would imagine their attitude is motivated less by a jealousy of Macross for having sequels and more by a genuine feeling of disappointment in Robotech's lack of success... a situation highlighted by the inevitable comparisons to the numerous successes Macross has enjoyed over the years.

EDIT: Clarity!

Edited by Seto Kaiba

When I read that the supposed Kasdan script was rejected because of the announcements of the different writing teams being added to the LAM I find it very disingenuous. There's no evidence that anything has been rejected. I read an article about the original Spiderman script written by James Cameron. When rights changed hands other writers came and changed or added more material to Cameron's original script. In the original story the villains were Electro and Sandman but due to rewrites for various reasons (sometimes budgetary) the Green Goblin was used. Giving Spidey bio-webbing was a Cameron idea that survived the rewrites. What I'm saying is that these scripts aren't always thrown out but are recycled.

And...sometimes they are completely thrown out. They started with Kasdan, probably paid him at least a million to write 3 drafts, decided it was all crap, then got who, the writers from Smallville, and paid them a ton of money. They probably did their 3 drafts, and they decided that it wasn't that great either. Then somewhere down the line, they probably got sick of paying out the @$$ for big(ger) names that don't care much about the property, and hired a nobody, and maybe they found that his was workable. You gotta figure that WB is already a couple million in the hole with this dead weight, and with no one jumping the reigns of producer, maybe they're about to, if they haven't already, cut the line.

Then again, I could be wrong and the project is moving along smoothly (yeah, right)

Frankly... calling Robotech an "untested" property is probably being a bit too kind. I would guess that they see the DC Comics properties as far safer investments since they generally don't have a track record anything like the proven track record of failure Robotech has had under Harmony Gold.

DC to play bigger role at Warner Bros.

Even I said this before an article like this came out.

I very much doubt that he's actually seen Macross Frontier: the False Diva. It sounds more like he's reiterating complaints gleaned from the movie's review thread on these forums.

Heck...most people outside of Japan haven't seen the Frontier movie...

And...sometimes they are completely thrown out. They started with Kasdan, probably paid him at least a million to write 3 drafts, decided it was all crap, then got who, the writers from Smallville, and paid them a ton of money. They probably did their 3 drafts, and they decided that it wasn't that great either. Then somewhere down the line, they probably got sick of paying out the @$$ for big(ger) names that don't care much about the property, and hired a nobody, and maybe they found that his was workable. You gotta figure that WB is already a couple million in the hole with this dead weight, and with no one jumping the reigns of producer, maybe they're about to, if they haven't already, cut the line.

And by "thrown out", it means stored in a file, then eventually boxed and archived, or in the modern era, backed up and placed on a server some where in cloud space.

What happens is, they hire guys like Kasdan or Miller and Gough to write up a treatment (a very long outline, say 30-80 pages). The writer turns in their work and are paid. End of story. Next job please. If the studio finds someone who wants to do this, they'll call back in the writer(s) and then those guys will make a script/screenplay out of the original treatment that was turned in. A good example is Joss Whedon's Wonder Woman work. He wrote something up, turned it in, got paid, WB decided to not move forward with it for now and that's it.

The mouthy, idiotic Robotech fans we talk about and hear about seem to get pissed at Macross for one of these reasons. They remind me of the college guy who wants to be in the cool group of guys who have the nice car, the hot girlfriend, and do lots of fun things. Instead their group sits on the sidelines and watches wishes they could do all the stuff the other group does. It comes off that way from them because all they do is complain about things, and about Macross, and try really hard to put up a good front that Robotech is at the forefront of television history and cinematic technology. The reality of it all for the franchise in its current state is a dismal wrinkled balloon half inflated due to age, and is having the life sucked out of it by inactivity, care, and the process of time. At least some can celebrate what Robotech once was, and what it helped many discover, that being anime and MOSPEADA, and most importantly to some, Macross.

Edited by Jasonc

I think it's more along the lines that WB would rather focus on their DC Comics properties than an untested property like Robotech.

In a way, I am not too disappointed if the movie does not happen since we all know how Hollywood remakes are kind of so so. But if they do it right, it could allow new audiences to enjoy the Macross/Southern Cross/Mospeada storyline. ;)

The mouthy, idiotic Robotech fans we talk about and hear about seem to get pissed at Macross for one of these reasons.

Ah... really, the way the mouthier Robotech die-hards badmouth Macross shows they demonstrably know nothing about and have never seen reminds me a lot of the way that some console gamers who found they'd backed the weaker console of that particular hardware generation would invent nonsensical grievances with the competing console(s) just so they'd have something to complain about.

Jasonc, I understand you were once a moderator on RT.com. Is it a common practice for Steve Yun to ignore a problematic thread and then decide to lock it and ban the thread poster 2 weeks later?

I've never been a moderator, but in the last couple years I spent on Robotech.com it wasn't at all unusual for it to take Steve or, really, any moderator days or even weeks to take notice of a problematic thread and take action on it even with multiple people reporting the thread. The majority of the Robotech.com moderators just don't come to the site anymore, and the few that do usually only pay attention to one or two specific forums unless drawn by a crisis.

0kay I write in Japanese!

貴方の発言は理解できます。 ハーモニー・ゴールド社の新作「シャドウ・クロニクル」は確かに「マクロス・フロンティア」に較べて劣っています。

私は、この "ロボテック Blu-lay 劇場版 The Shadow Chronicles Collector's Edition " を、沖縄の米軍基地の友人の家で観ました 。

また、私は、私に幾らかの嘘の情報を与えた男を追及しました。

彼は追求を逃れるために、その場から立ち去りました。

けれども、彼の情報が嘘であったとしても、私は、今の状況を改善したいと思って東京に出てきたのは、私自身の意思です。

私は、Harmony Gold社が、不動産の売上の利益に熱心で、これに較べる"Robotech"には熱意がないのは、わかりました。

不動産業に較べて、熱意のない、HG社に代わって、私は、自分自身の努力で会社を起業し、この状況をなんとかすることを考えています。

この複雑な legal Trademark Conflicts が、私個人の努力ではどうんにもならないことは、わかっています。

私は、マクロス世界と、マクロスシリーズを否定しているのではありません。 私はマクロスもロボテックも同様に評価しています。

何度も言いますが「互いの違い」を理解した上で、2つの企業が「和解」することは、第三者の仲介がない限り無理だと考えてます。

確かに私の熱意は「超時空騎兵(団) サザンクロス」にあり、これを動機として私は問題提起をしています。

日本のファンは「ロボテックの内容が何であるか」理解していません。

それはその争いや、日本の国のアニメを米国の「カール・メイセックが」、怪しげな韓国(「テッコンV」やVF-1Jの稚拙なデザインがメカではなく、ヒーローとして登場する「ガンダムV」)や、中国の「Astro Plan」のように、全く中身のない「まがい物」にしたと「のみ」考えているので、その内容を知ることもありません。

OK, translation time!

I understand what you are saying. It is true that HG's new work, "The Shadow Chronicles" is inferior when compared to "Macross Frontier". I saw the Blu-Ray Collector's edition of Shadow Chronicles at the home of a friend stationed at the Okinawa US Army Base.

Also, I questioned the man who lied to me many times. He avoided my questions and left.

However, even if his information is all lies, I am committed to improving the situation to the point that I decided by myself to come to Tokyo.

I understand that Harmony Gold is preoccupied with gaining profit from their real estate business so that they are not so passionate about Robotech.

Instead of HG, who has more passion for real estate, I myself will start up my own company and try to do something about this situation.

I am well aware that these complex legal trademark conflicts are not going to go away just by my own efforts.

I am not negating the Macross universe nor the Macross series. I have praise for both Macross and Robotech.

I have repeated this many times, but without an intervening third person, it will be impossible for the two companies to understand their "mutual differences", and form an agreement.

It is true that my main passion is "Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross", and it is for this reason that I raise this issue.

Japanese fans do not understand what the content of Robotech is.

That is to say, they only know of the debates, that "that American Carl Macek did such and such to the animation of Japan", that there was Korean stuff ("Tekkon V" and the crappy-looking VF-J's design in "Gandam V" portraying it as a "hero" not a "mecha"), plus the Chinese "Astro Plan", which are considered mere "imitations", totally devoid of content; they do not know what any of these things are actually about.

That's it for the first one, I will do the second post later!

OK, translation time!

Ah, thanks for taking the time to translate that for us. It certainly makes it a bit easier to understand just what yui1107 thinks she's going to accomplish.

Also, I questioned the man who lied to me many times. He avoided my questions and left.

Huh... well, that's pretty much par for the course where the Robotech fanbase's knowledge of the Macross legal disputes is concerned. 's not entirely their fault, considering the great pains that Harmony Gold's staff and their volunteer forum moderators have taken to keep the information out of the hands of Robotech fans.

However, even if his information is all lies, I am committed to improving the situation to the point that I decided by myself to come to Tokyo. [...] Instead of HG, who has more passion for real estate, I myself will start up my own company and try to do something about this situation. [...] I have repeated this many times, but without an intervening third person, it will be impossible for the two companies to understand their "mutual differences", and form an agreement.

'kay then... here I was, hoping that I'd somehow misread her intentions and wrongfully concluded that she was completely out to lunch. As much as I would like to say that I find her idealistic desire to combat the plight of the Macross fans outside of Japan, she comes across as having a rather tenuous grip on reality. If she actually does start her own company to intervene in this, the only thing she'll accomplish is wasting a lot of her own time and money trying in vain to browbeat several corporations that have absolutely no reason to listen to what she has to say. It's not like she can even take them to court over it, since she doesn't have any stake in the matter and thus no grounds for a lawsuit. It's odds-on that they've already concluded she's a crazy old lady without a clue, and I don't imagine any attempts on her part to force Big West and Harmony Gold to reach a settlement will do anything to disabuse them of that notion.

Don't get me wrong, it's nice to see a fan who wants to change things for the better... it's just irritating to see that she's wasting her energy on an unrealistic and unachievable goal.

Japanese fans do not understand what the content of Robotech is.

That is to say, they only know of the debates, that "that American Carl Macek did such and such to the animation of Japan", that there was Korean stuff ("Tekkon V" and the crappy-looking VF-J's design in "Gandam V" portraying it as a "hero" not a "mecha"), plus the Chinese "Astro Plan", which are considered mere "imitations", totally devoid of content; they do not know what any of these things are actually about.

And y'know what... they're better off for it.

In the officer's forum, there's a thread where a handful of people report threads to Maverick_LSC. That's the moderation on Robotech.com. MEMO's more interested in Robotechx. Steve's too much of a superstar to make celebrity appearances anymore.

In the officer's forum, there's a thread where a handful of people report threads to Maverick_LSC. That's the moderation on Robotech.com. MEMO's more interested in Robotechx. Steve's too much of a superstar to make celebrity appearances anymore.

Is he too much of a celebrity? Or is he hiding from the fanbase that would rightfully demand some kind of truthful interaction from him?

Is he too much of a celebrity? Or is he hiding from the fanbase that would rightfully demand some kind of truthful interaction from him?

Of course. The website is a facade for their occasionally existing business. You're baited with something that seems to resemble Macross and two other old anime and then Rickrolled with the zombie franchise Robotech. The "fans" are too embarassed to admit they've been trolled so they stick around pretending that one only needs to be entertained once and then you're good for life.

O'kay then... here I was, hoping that I'd somehow misread her intentions and wrongfully concluded that she was completely out to lunch. As much as I would like to say that I find her idealistic desire to combat the plight of the Macross fans outside of Japan, she comes across as having a rather tenuous grip on reality. If she actually does start her own company to intervene in this, the only thing she'll accomplish is wasting a lot of her own time and money trying in vain to browbeat several corporations that have absolutely no reason to listen to what she has to say. It's not like she can even take them to court over it, since she doesn't have any stake in the matter and thus no grounds for a lawsuit. It's odds-on that they've already concluded she's a crazy old lady without a clue, and I don't imagine any attempts on her part to force Big West and Harmony Gold to reach a settlement will do anything to disabuse them of that notion.

Don't get me wrong, it's nice to see a fan who wants to change things for the better... it's just irritating to see that she's wasting her energy on an unrealistic and unachievable goal.

私、つまり yui11107 は、全く戦略的な勝ち目が無いのに、情熱だけで東京に出てきたように、皆さんは想像されるかもしれません。

確かに情熱だけで行動することは馬鹿げています。

それは、目的と手段を見誤って風車に突進する"Don Quixote"のようなものです。

女性の例で例えるなら、"Dulcinea del Toboso" (real name Aldonza Lorenzo) " でしょうか?

確かに今は public officer を辞職し、年間の収入が全盛期の40%になり、資本金 ten million yen 程度の、private shuttle-bus company's officer and junior director に過ぎない私が、Bigwest と Harmony Gold の仲裁役を務めるのは無理だと、皆さんが考えるのも、もっともなことでしょう。

一般に、”争いのある2つの当事者間の和解調停に介入する第三者” は、これらの当事者よりも組織的にも資金的にもかなりの leadership が必要になります。

しかし、その金額は、"Howard Robard Hughes, Jr." のような、莫大な資産である必要はないです。 (needless to saying)

The List of companies in MACROSS at en wikipedia.org

These are split into two categories: Those which are ringers for companies in the real world (with similar-sounding names provided to give verisimilitude yet not be actionable legally), and new companies formed in-timeline. Companies with the same name as they possess in the real world are not listed.

私は「スタジオぬえ」の河森正治氏も、宮武一貴氏も、現実に存在する企業との揉め事や、訴訟を避ける為に、異なる架空の企業の名前を使うのを知っています。

for example:Stonewell (Rockwell International), Glamore(Grumman - Absorbed by Northrop as Northrop Grumman in 1994.)

一方で、Robotech Refferlese guide 2066 edition は、彼らが避けてきた現実の企業の名前を定義します。

例えば Carter RC-4E Light Recon and Transport Shuttle は developed by Carter Aviation Technologies であると説明されます。

確かに Thomas Riley (T.R.) Edwards の 反乱軍や、" Macross Galaxy fleets " using "General Dynamics " や "McDonnell Douglas " の製品を使ったなどと書けば、私は彼らに訴訟を起こされるか、或いは製造工場の従業員から the SPAM E-mail which got more like a threat を送信されるかもしれません。

ですから、これらの場合の企業名は完全に架空の設定である必要があります。

私は、もっと具体的に言えば、実在する企業から協賛を得る方法で資金を集めようと考えています。その詳細は、この公開の場では記載することは、賢明ではないので、差し控えます。And more, Bilingual Lawyer for the settlement and Smart Interpreter has required enough rewards!

My own ROBOTECH CHRONICLES page RC-4E ”Rabbit” article powered by The Carter Aviation Technologies

Robotech:Shadow Chronicles article in my (Our, now contributor three) Robotech Chronicles

P.S. Gunbuster や その他のGainax's films では、大抵「絶望的な状況で、少数の劣る者が、大きく多量な敵に対して打ち勝つ逆転劇」が好まれます。

However the real world is different.

私は今の地位に落ち着くまでに、200社以上の面接を受けて、結局採用されたのは、「労務管理の執行役 兼任 取締役」の、今勤めているこの会社1社だけでした。10ヶ月の無職期間で退職金も家族への仕送りで、再就職する頃までには、使い果たしてしまいました。

その苦しい経験で、日本の「東京の」企業も、やはり Minority には平等ではないと、実感しました。

Q 貴方は年齢が 「40歳を超えて」 いますね? 若くて美しい女性以外は必要ないです。人に雇われるのは無理です。 自分で会社でも作ったらどうですか?

A ("My real heart says" ) My ages has been determined by the HEAVEN, not be able to reflesh by myself, I'm not heroine syndrome game characters of the Final fantasy.

Q  貴方の夫は難聴だそうですね。私の企業は、障害者の主夫の男性への扶養手当や、貴方の娘さんの為に、余分なお金を払うくらいなら、独身の女性や、結婚して収入のある男性に養ってもらって、軽い仕事で、安い賃金で満足する女性を必要としています。 離婚して、資産家の男性と再婚するのを提案します。

A ("My real heart says" ) It's a my own business. Your suggestion is no concern to my abilities.

結局、代わりは幾らでもある仕事では、いつかは、私は、道具として消耗され、廃棄されてしまいます。

私は、Something else my own Unique point で 闘わないといけないのです。(Quote Sakura Wars V ?)

I find her idealistic desire to combat the plight of the Macross fans outside of Japan,
Edited by yui1107

Y'know, the real tragedy here is that what you're saying isn't just possible... it's entirely plausible. Hell, there's a pretty good chance that some enterprising Robotech fan blogger or podcaster has already latched onto that as a way of explaining the profound lack of progress on the project thus far. It wouldn't be anything new... the usual suspects on robotech.com have already been telling people Paramount rushed Transformers 2 for fear of having competition from Robotech. From there, it's not much of a stretch.

I thought the real reason for the rush was becuase Shia LeBouf flipped his truck, f*cking up his hand in the process. Edited by Wanzerfan

I thought the real reason for the rush was becuase Shia LeBouf flipped his truck, f*cking up his hand in the process.

Possibly. But the RT.com "theory" was always a stupid argument with a stupid premise, not to be taken seriously be anyone with more than an ounce of sense.

I thought the real reason for the rush was becuase Shia LeBouf flipped his truck, f*cking up his hand in the process.

Eh... as I don't have a whole lot of use for Michael Bay as a director and I never was that big a Transformers fan, any news about the production of Loud Noises 2 Junkyard Sculpture 2 Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen slipped right under my radar. It appears that the official reason Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen was rushed out was that, at the time, both the Directors Guild of America and Screen Actors Guild were making rumbling about going on strike and the 2007-8 Writers Guild of America strike.

Now, as Gubaba already said... that Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen was rushed out because the producers were afraid it would be competing with the live action Robotech movie is a crackpot theory put forward by a pair of robotech.com moderators (Maverick_LSC and MEMO1DOMINION). They used it a lot as "proof" Hollywood was taking Robotech seriously and that the movie was going to be the next big thing. Their boasts about it just kept getting bigger, and after a while they were preaching that the live action Robotech movie was going to be some kind of epic, genre-defying masterpiece fit to rival or surpass Star Wars and Star Trek. As you can see, it's pretty much just wishful thinking on the part of the lunatic fringe.

... Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen slipped right under my radar. It appears that the official reason Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen was rushed out was that, at the time, both the Directors Guild of America and Screen Actors Guild were making rumbling about going on strike and the 2007-8 Writers Guild of America strike.

And spending 5 minutes on Wikipedia would also point to that. In fact, it covers considerable detail (and provides sources) over its rushed production. ^_^

Machine translation here isn't helping so much. So let me say this to you. Big West & Studio Nue created "Super Dimension Fortress Macross." it has been settled in the Japanese court system that Big Wes & Studio Nue own full rights to the story, concepts, designs, scenario, etc, of "Super Dimension Fortress Macross." What Tatsunoko got, were international licensing rights to sell distribution of the completed animation for "Super Dimension Fortress Macross," and merchandising rights there of.

At no point in time did Tatsunoko own the series, they just had rights to profit off of distributing the series. Harmony Gold never owned the series, they were only able to purchase what Tatsunoko had for sale, distribution rights for the series. Harmony Gold stepped out of their boundries, claiming ownership of the name Macross, and the designs from Macross, by filing U.S. copyrights. This would be the same situation as you lending a friend pictures of your children, then that same friend coming and taking your children away from you, because that picture of your children means they own your children.

Bottom line, Big West has absolutely no reason to do business with Harmony Gold. Harmony Gold tried to steal from them, and now runs around threatening to sue any company that legally does business with Big West to bring Macross properties over that are "not" covered under Harmony Gold's distribution contract of the original series.

Harmony Gold are thieves, pirates, and need to go away. They need to understand that attempting to blockade Macross in the U.S. hurts their business far more than it hurts Big West. They need to work on their own "original" Robotech productions, and try to profit off of things "they" create themselves. Aside from what you're proposing to do being impossible, it's highly illogical. What Big West needs isn't a mediator to help them deal with Harmony Gold. Big West needs Harmony Gold to stay out of their way, and leave the Macross franchise alone.

I hope you can understand what I'm saying, as this is the only time I will say it to you.