Shawn

Upgrade to 3 in progress

Yeah, sorry bout that. If someone can tell me how this "multi quote" option works, I'd feel much smarter! I couldn't figure out how to use it on the old forums either so maybe it's not an upgrade specific problem, just a user knowledge one...

click multiquote on each post you want to quote then click the regular reply button. when it takes you to the Replying page it will have all the posts you quoted.

also Brandon Farber can still sit on it. I don't have a middle button my computer (laptop with a touch pad.) :(

Thanks Mike! That helps immensely.

My laptop has a middle button but for some reason, it doesn't map to a "normal" middle button so I'm in the same boat. I've just gotten into the habit of right clicking "open in..." though and that works OK for me. But breaking a habit (especially a convenient one) is not tons of fun.

Back on topic, any word on whether the "top" button can be added back? I may be unique but I use it quite often to, erm, go back to the top of the page. It allows me to click the handy little "View New Content" option that I basically live by on this site.

Great effort so far guys!

Thank you Shawn!

The little +/- thing in the lower-right corner of a post, is covering up part of the actual text in some posts.

i've been opening up some attached images that people have posted, and some of there are SUPER large when opened in the pic viewer. Is there way to limit sizes of attached images?

thanks for all the updates!

i've been opening up some attached images that people have posted, and some of there are SUPER large when opened in the pic viewer. Is there way to limit sizes of attached images?

seconded.

I've got to say I hate the new way attached images are displayed. if someone uploaded a HUGE image, it takes forever to load and the whole time you can't do anything as there's a big, white block obscuring the entire window.

also when opening larger images, the viewer tends to get stuck or suddenly become MASSIVE with lots of white space around the actual image.

Seconded.

Though not to limit or artificially reduce the size of the attached images, but to have them open in a new browser window, like the previous version of the software allowed us to do.

Seconded.

Though not to limit or artificially reduce the size of the attached images, but to have them open in a new browser window, like the previous version of the software allowed us to do.

you can right click on the thumbnail and open it in a new window/tab if your using IE but not Firefox (don't know about crome). I have noticed that with Firefox you can drag the tumbnail up to the tab bar and it will open the image in a new tab, but that's kind of a pain in the butt.

Firefox user.

I'll try "the drag" next time I come across an image herein.

Yeah, it's a bit of a pain, but it beats the "white screen of patience eating". Is there any way to restore the option to right-click open in new browser window? Or is that something on the publisher's side?

Edited by sketchley

Hmm, is there a way to change the "age cap" setting for viewing old threads? As in viewing the old "inactive" threads that fell off the forum listing after a certain amount of time? Reason being was that I tried looking for the Kaiyodo Revoltech thread in the Anime & SF section but it wasn't on any of the pages. I had to dig it back up using the search function.

"Click here to change filter options". It'll open up and one of the options to the right is "age of posts to display" or something like that.

Firefox user.

I'll try "the drag" next time I come across an image herein.

Yeah, it's a bit of a pain, but it beats the "white screen of patience eating". Is there any way to restore the option to right-click open in new browser window? Or is that something on the publisher's side?

You could try downgrading to 3.5. You can still right-click to open pics with that version. I don't know why it's different in 3.6. It's odd since you can still right-click once the pic is open.