Shawn

Upgrade to 3 in progress

Upgraded the forum software last night

Misc updates and conversions still running, so it might be a little slow

Going to upgrade the gallery late tonight, so we'll be going down again for a couple hours.

Let me know if you find any critical issues-I haven't tested much yet

New skin for the forums will be coming soon (anyone feels like porting the old, let us know here)

shawn

ok-we are now bug testing

if you have any problems please try to post them here

last big upgrade will be the skin

S

ok-we are now bug testing

if you have any problems please try to post them here

last big upgrade will be the skin

S

awesome, thanks!

Everything looks ok so far, except for one minor detail. It seems the coding for quotes from the previous version are screwed up. For example, if in the previous version you'd hit the button to quote another member's post, it's currently displaying something like "QUOTE (member name timestamp <{POST_SNAPBACK}>" followed by the text of the post you've quoted, followed without any break or division by your own reply.

I edited one of my old posts, and it looked like a lot of gibberish (I'm not up on HTML, sorry). I replaced the gibberish with the trusty quote /quote tags and quoted text showed up as a quote after that.

Other than that, I'm curious to see what the new Macross-themed skin will look like. The new default is pretty shiny.

Edited by mikeszekely

Whatever people put as their "interests" in their profile shows up on every post---and that's a LONG list for some people. Don't know whether this is a board thing or skin thing.

Everything looks ok so far, except for one minor detail. It seems the coding for quotes from the previous version are screwed up. For example, if in the previous version you'd hit the button to quote another member's post, it's currently displaying something like "QUOTE (member name timestamp <{POST_SNAPBACK}>" followed by the text of the post you've quoted, followed without any break or division by your own reply.

It's the way IPBv3 handles quote compared to IPBv2. There are a few new fields in there which are probably causing the problem.

[quote name='<username>' date='<actual date>' timestamp='<IPB timestamp>' post='<postnumber>']<quoted text>[/quote]

wow..this is some update im still checking out all the changes. everything seems alright tho from what ive seen.

whats this new 'vote post up/down' thing? like a thumbs up system?

Edited by Vepariga

I don't really like it.

Having the recent gallery addition thing being at the top of the board is annoying and I can't figure out how to get rid of it. and I don't know how the vote up/down thing is going to work but I already hate it.

:edit:

although it looks like you're limited to zero negative votes so... still don't like it. <_<

Edited by anime52k8

I don't really like it.

I don't like the recent gallery addition thing being at the top of the board and I can't figure out how to get rid of it. and I don't know how the vote up/down thing is going to work but I already hate it.

I tried to vote your comment down ( :p ) but it says I reached my quota for negative comments for the day. :(

Again, may be a skin issue vs the board as a whole---but there's simply WAY too many options. The screen is just full of buttons---hard to find the "reply" one etc!

Part of it is the default IPB skin, but most of it is the IP Gallery display setting which needs to be adjusted.

I don't really like it.

Having the recent gallery addition thing being at the top of the board is annoying and I can't figure out how to get rid of it. and I don't know how the vote up/down thing is going to work but I already hate it.

:edit:

although it looks like you're limited to zero negative votes so... still don't like it. <_<

I agree the recent gallery heading is very distractive. If only that is on the right side of the page.

Also, we needs a bigger 'MACROSS WORLD' heading on the top of the page. Now, I feel like I am visiting some sort of tech page for work!!!

cool! online again...

can't wait for the old MW skin to come back up... i miss it already... never really liked these generic skins...

I don't really like it.

Having the recent gallery addition thing being at the top of the board is annoying and I can't figure out how to get rid of it....

would it be better if it featured your pics? :p

Any of you farting poo ass bitch slurms test the censors yet? :p

EDIT: Guess they still work! :lol:

Any of you farting poo ass bitch slurms test the censors yet? :p

EDIT: Guess they still work! :lol:

if the 'vote post' thing worked i would have +1 you for that one :lol:

The +/- Approve/Disaprove Feature doesn't work. Tested it. I had already reached my limit before I even tried it.

All I can say is thx for all the work you guys put in to keep this wonderfull site up and running B))

A bit THANKS to all the people devoting their time to upgrading this site.

I added in the new weblink to Macross Fan edit thread for

Galaxy Network remastered SDF episode 27

and now that edited first post is a mess of bad html weblinks.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=25029

Is that going to be fixed, Shawn?

Or do I have go through (a lot) of weblinks to

update with the new forum's html standard?

And thank you for keeping this forum going!

Edited by boinger

Ok-Gallery preview on the top of the board (thumbnails on top) hidden

One down, many to go...

S

Ok wasn't sure if this was an issue, but i noticed my previously deleted messages are still in my inbox, they are marked with a red x to the left indicating the messages were deleted but are still there in plain sight and can still be read. Just thought it was really odd......

It's good to be back.

But everything seems like it's been magnified by 50%.

This is a mod-only thing but:

Merely moving the mouse over a thread's title brings up a list of mod tools---rather annoying, as 99% of the time I just want to click on the last page, or "new posts" or something---not actually moderate the thread. When the tools pop up, it shifts all the page numbers and icons for that thread around. And when you move to another title, it shifts again. Merely moving the mouse around the page constantly moves the thread titles around---it's like chasing a moving target trying to click on a thread...

Everyone's email is visible on their profile, even if they set it to "hide email address".

Merely moving the mouse over a thread's title brings up a list of mod tools---rather annoying, as 99% of the time I just want to click on the last page, or "new posts" or something---not actually moderate the thread. When the tools pop up, it shifts all the page numbers and icons for that thread around. And when you move to another title, it shifts again. Merely moving the mouse around the page constantly moves the thread titles around---it's like chasing a moving target trying to click on a thread...

Really? It's grayed out for me until I move the cursor over the controls.

Yes they're greyed out until you click on them---but they don't appear AT ALL until you hover your mouse over that thread's title---they move with your mouse. And unless the thread has a very short title, their appearance/disppearance keeps rearranging how the page numbers etc appear after the thread title.

Yes they're greyed out until you click on them---but they don't appear AT ALL until you hover your mouse over that thread's title---they move with your mouse. And unless the thread has a very short title, their appearance/disppearance keeps rearranging how the page numbers etc appear after the thread title.

Looks like it's related to screen resolution as I'm not seeing that problem unless I use a lower different resolution.

Very well could be. But I'm not buying a new monitor until this one dies. :)

For the last year or so, about 85% of the time when I browse the MW forums these days, it's using my 3G mobile phone.

With the old forum software, this was no problem, it worked as smooth as silk - very stable, reliable and fast (and that was the full version forum, not the lo-fi version).

However, since the change to the new forum software, it causes my phone's browser to crash and auto-shutdown after about 30 seconds to 1 minute on the MW forums. It crashes regardless if I try to view the full version or the low-fi version of the MW forums.

I browse several other forums and a large number of websites on my phone and none of them have ever caused my phone's web browser to crash and auto shut down like MW forums is now doing!

Not happy, as I rely on my phone for web surfing!

Graham

For the last year or so, about 85% of the time when I browse the MW forums these days, it's using my 3G mobile phone.

With the old forum software, this was no problem, it worked as smooth as silk - very stable, reliable and fast (and that was the full version forum, not the lo-fi version).

However, since the change to the new forum software, it causes my phone's browser to crash and auto-shutdown after about 30 seconds to 1 minute on the MW forums. It crashes regardless if I try to view the full version or the low-fi version of the MW forums.

I browse several other forums and a large number of websites on my phone and none of them have ever caused my phone's web browser to crash and auto shut down like MW forums is now doing!

Not happy, as I rely on my phone for web surfing!

Graham

And it doesn't look quite as macross-esque as the last upgrade...not that I'm not happy, this place is tight nonetheless but are there more changes in the mix coming?

Well, I'm unhappy. On my home PC, which is admittedly rather old (6-7 years), it takes 5-10 minutes just to view a thread & reply to a post with this so called 'upgrade'!

I'm not real fond of it either honestly, performance-wise. What's the point of quick-reply, if quick-reply itself has to load after you click on it?

Oh yeah--I *always* have to click "edit" twice for it to work. The first time it'll pause for a second, but nothing happens. And then there's a big blank space, you have to scroll down to get to the actual text.

IMHO, each and every feature of IPB v3.0 that can be disabled, should be. It's just full of junk we don't need. Everything just takes more clicks and more waiting for things to load.

The reskin is about 90% complete. Little items here and there still need to be adjusted.

Yes-I am turning off all the unneeded features as much as we can.

Graham-in the bottom left is an option to view the forums in low-res mode-perhaps your phone would prefer that?

S