Premade Diorama's

CheeseKing

I have one of every release (they're all slightly different) and the wall and floor sections are fairly sturdy. The best part of these is that they are modular and you can rearrange/reconfigure them fairly easily to suite different toy lines.

gallery_6124_38_105693.jpg

Thanks miriya... i just got the mechanical based no.4 which be able to combine for side walls and close the hangar...

will post more once complete....

you should paint yours as it really will provide more effect especially to the detailing of the mechanical base that kotobukiya has provided.

poyo fc, nice painting on that. I have been wanting to paint mine up too. Just lacking time and a paint space.

• 1 month later...

This is a work-in-progress, so it's not nearly finished yet. I still have to track down two more 004 bases (which seem to be out of stock every place I check) to complete the hanger. I'm trying to go for a true industrial/mecha hanger feel with lots of yellows, steel and reds. My old Nikon camera lens literally came apart while shooting this, so you'll have to excuse the blurriness of the Arbalest. But I was able to capture the detailing of the hanger itself...

post-8356-127641064877_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cyclone Trooper

I have one of those setup inside a track for photos. It sits on a sheet of cardboard so I can take it off to race my R/Cs. I have the track sitting on 2-plys of plastic table cloth so I can remove the track to play ping-pong/poker/other stuff. The ping-pong table splits in half and is carried away so I can play pool/snooker... saves a lot of space this way but also a lot of work (the diorama collects a of of dust over time).

setup.jpg

Here's something new in the M.S.G. diorama series. Mecha transports (wheeled and treaded) using the same designs as the Mechanical Chain Bases. No idea if they're prepainted or not, but I preordered the beige one from Angolz.com

post-8356-127663273876_thumb.jpg

post-8356-127663274044_thumb.jpg

post-8356-12766329227_thumb.jpg

post-8356-127663292447_thumb.jpg

Here's something new in the M.S.G. diorama series. Mecha transports (wheeled and treaded) using the same designs as the Mechanical Chain Bases. No idea if they're prepainted or not, but I preordered the beige one from Angolz.com

do you have the link? it look cool what scale is it?

I have one and have yet to build it though. I think technically it is non-scale but if you look at the cockpit is is probably somewhere between 1/100 and 1/144. I am going to put it with some 1/60 macross stuff as ground support vehicle and it is pretty huge next to those. But it will not hold a 1/60 valk like that - 1/100 probably though. I will use mine probably to hold bombs and missiles.

Links are at

http://www.hlj.com/product/KBYMB-30

http://www.hlj.com/product/KBYMB-31

Well, here it is...

My finished MITHRIL hanger from Full Metal Panic. I know its technically in the wrong forum, but it's mostly just to show off my modeling skills (or lack thereof, depending how you look at it). It's nowhere near the professional-level that some here on MW are capable of (the SDF-1 comes to mind), but it suits my purpose. I'm actually proud of how it turned out. It looks like a functioning mecha staging bay, complete with an armory along the outer bulkhead, human-sized access doors, mecha-sized bulkhead hatches that lead to other parts of the base/starship, floor and wall markings, etc. The equipment and robotic vehicles have a very "used" industrial look to them that says they've seen quite a bit of action. I used leftover Yamato VF-1 decals, which gave it a nice bit of detailing, IMHO. I finally found a use for the Electrical Shock Hazard stickers!

FMPMITHRILBase001.jpg

FMPMITHRILBase017.jpg

FMPMITHRILBase019.jpg

FMPMITHRILBase020.jpg

FMPMITHRILBase021.jpg

FMPMITHRILBase023.jpg

FMPMITHRILBase024.jpg

FMPMITHRILBase025.jpg

FMPMITHRILBase027.jpg

And here's an M9 Gernsback being brought out of Storage Bay 1 and going through a pre-mission maintenance check.

FMPMITHRILBase028.jpg

FMPMITHRILBase022.jpg

FMPMITHRILBase029.jpg

FMPMITHRILBase030.jpg

@D_unit and Cyclone Trooper

Excellent setups ups!

I need to paint some detailing on my bases as well and I like how Cyclone has added detail without "over doing it" which is what I'd like to do myself. The base grey the sets are molded in is pretty good already for a base IMO.

The sets are all supposed to be 1/144. I have the Trailer Base 001 and it's just slightly larger than the 1/144 Gundam trailer truck I have (not assembled) I would like to get the Trailer Base 003 as well. I probably should hurry before it gets discontinued or something..

Gundam Trailer

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN903906

Edited by bluemax151

how many mechanical chain base that u use? and what series are those?

I used a total of 10 MCBs to make a hanger measuring 3 squares long x 2 squares wide. I got the majority of them through HLJ and HobbySearch for about $10 each. As far as which ones I used, it was built using the following:

001 x 1

002 x 1

003 x 1

004 x 4

007 x 1

008 x 1

009 x 1

I have about 8 of these. I really liked them, but a lot of the little extras I had to get rid of because they would not fit in the scale that I was working in. And it can get expensive really fast.

That's why I came up with the Diorama accessories that can be seen here.

I actually displayed these at wonderfest and got a really good reaction to the idea and actually sold enough to go back to Wonderfest next year as a dealer. Everyone asked me if I was going to make my display into a kit and so I am. The nice thing about this is it's none scale specific and can be customized. Several Macross World members have gotten these and love them. I actually have done some custom work for people and so far the reaction has been very positive. I actually had one guy ask me to make some custom panel to line his shelves so that he could display his Macross and Gundam collection. I have attached a photo of my display that is now being offered as a kit. the dimensions are 16 inches wide by 16 inches deep by 12 inches high. The kit comes with the custom diorama panels, 4 supports and 4 greebles. I can also add things like doors and hatchways for a small additional cost. I am also offering included with the kit an added door option. The buyer can choose any scale they want and I will add in a personel door wherever they choose at whatever scale they choose. The kit is going for $90, (lights not included) but thats a lot of stuff for the price. If you were to buy an equivalent set, in Mechanical chain bases it would probably cost you over $100 plus shipping. Well check it out and if anyone is interested PM me. The thread also has some custom work I have done for other members.

post-7782-127698446965_thumb.jpg

Edited by tundrayeti