Tokyo Macross World Nomikai Gatherings 2010

post-3328-1272466037.jpg

Earlier this month Graham was in Tokyo and we had a Macross World Nomikai in Akasaka. Tokyo Hunter, two Dimension Diver circle members, Renato and myself all meet up for a small drinking gathering and Tenjin Hidetaka was a surprise guest. Tenjin was awesome he even took us over to Big West earlier that afternoon. I had also invited T-Rex but unfortunately he was unable to make it. The turn out was great, there was even a Ninja magic show.

Over the years I've ran into a number of MW members that come to Japan on holiday / business or are presently living here, and I would like to try to put together small gatherings here in Tokyo from time to time. RuskiiVFaussie will be here in July so there we will definitely be a meet up then.

When these gatherings occur I will also invite some Japanese Macross fans to join along, and if possible have different surprise guests from past and present Macross productions (no promises though).

Stay tuned for the next get together.

Edited by Save

OMG Adrian! You got a Tenjin sketch?!?!?

That is simply awesome. Hopefully I can attend one of thse drinking parties with y'all in the future.

Tenjin did the sketch for Graham, but he brought the both of us a cool gift.

We totally gotta get a huge party happening guys... the summer wonderfest is what, the 25th?

i'll be there the night before and the following 3 or 5 days i think, the Sumo tournament i wanted to go to is held in another city/region so i don't think i can afford to do that

unfortunately (dammit!!!) , but that means i'll have more time to drink myself Roy silly in Aki (and wherever Save and Taka takes us.) ^_~

Was also going with a mate to a Muay Thai fight night as well. That's going to be kick ass.

I do hope we get wasted.

振幅制限器解放 ! (i'll adopt this saying whilst tanking. hahahaha go Guld)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Thanks again for a great day out, Adrian.

It was good to see Graham again after so long, and Tenjin was really great, too. He certainly didn't need to go the lengths he did that day. The Big West office visit was really interesting and I liked the attitude of the gentleman we met there, as well as Mr. Ohnishi himself. Extremely friendly and well-humoured. They're the kind of people you can go out for drinks with and they'd have loads of stories to tell you of the good/tough old days.

Actually, the Ninja restaurant we went to later that evening impressed me so much, magic tricks and all ("IT'S GONE"), that I decided to book it for this weekend since a friend is coming over from Germany. Gonna be fun to take that weirdo "haunted house"-style mini-tour again.

EDIT: Hey you know, we should really go out for drinks on the day of Roy's death. I'm too lazy to look it up, but I'm sure it's in the next few months!

Edited by Renato

• 2 weeks later...

Well gee, I would like to go. I moved a little bit aways from the Tokyu Line(not far really) so it would be possible. Not sure when. I have some medical things I have to get out of the way(hopefully for good) so I can reclaim my life and love of Japanese beer.

• 2 weeks later...

Ruskii - From memory you will be in Tokyo for WonderFesta, correct? If so, you should try to hit up the Chie Kajiura (Mylene) concert that Saturday night. Am out of tics myself but someone else on the boards could have a spare I suppose,

Pic time!

Here's April's gathering featuring guests of honour Graham and Tenjin.(second pic, taken outside the BigWest offices).

Also, Tenjin's exhibition last week (first pic, with that modeller girl from Hobby Japan, and myself). Enjoy!

Also, thanks to Save and the rest of the gang for everything. I think I ate too much, too fast at the all-you-can-eat Indian restaurant that night, though! Thank god my meeting the following day began in the afternoon because I was paying the price all morning. :p

post-1318-127540013226_thumb.jpg

post-1318-127540015907_thumb.jpg

Edited by Renato