"low vis" 1/60 v2 valks - non canon but not without preceden

Mechapilot77

Does the low visibility Roy Focker valk remind people here of anything? I couldn't help but think it was an homage to the box art of the vf-1s I'd seen 20+ years ago on an arii model kit. It's quite the famous pose with the left arm reaching out hand open, the right arm down and to the back gunpod in hand. The valk was definitley grey!

If so I really hope they do a vf-1j with the paint scheme on the old arii box art whcih was a dark grey almost black color (especially on the gerwalk kit's box) with hints of blue in it and or course with hikaru's signature red stripe! I always wanted and dark colored vf-1j like that!

What are the chances I'm right or that yamato would give us a dark vf-1j? Hmmm

It would be nice if Yamato would go further beyond canon schemes. I've always wanted an olive (Army green) valk. No practical reason, I just think it would look cool. I think the reason they don't is there's never a guarantee how well non-canan schemes will sell.

ar-315-30box.jpg

just for reference he means this boxart

which started out as a VF-1J sketch with a new head applied.

exactly the art I was thinking about. I remember seeing that at about 1 inch high on the side of the vf-1j gerwalk kit box (when I was a kid). Seems like you know the history of it, care to expand on it? I was a big fan of all their box art.

It would be nice if Yamato would go further beyond canon schemes. I've always wanted an olive (Army green) valk. No practical reason, I just think it would look cool. I think the reason they don't is there's never a guarantee how well non-canan schemes will sell.

I totally agree. I would love to see a valk in an a-10 thunderbolt style.

or if they don't want to do custom schemes then they should release blanks in different base colors. I mean it doesn't require switching molds, just switch colors. A blank gray and a blank green one would be awesome. Just include a 1J and 1A head with the S.

or if they don't want to do custom schemes then they should release blanks in different base colors. I mean it doesn't require switching molds, just switch colors. A blank gray and a blank green one would be awesome. Just include a 1J and 1A head with the S.

That's a great idea. It would be cool if you could order one and specify which color you want it molded in (like ordering a T-shirt!). Get on it, Yamato! :)

That's a great idea!!! Where do I sign for a blank gray VF-1?