Anime Expo 2010

Well UN Spacy its up too you. Depending on how bad the lines are it could be a three hour wait and sometimes its in the hot ass sun (baking for 3 hours). So depending on whether you want to wait in line and get the tickets for free or pay $30.00 to have a fixed spot. Although I'm not sure if even buying a ticket gets you in front of the line.....wait I think it does as it reverses a close / front row seat for you. I think....going to have to check on that. I bought a ticket just to make sure I see this epic concert. :D

Edited by SuperHobo

Thursday, it looks like May'n will be at a panel, poss signing autographs and stuff. Friday afternoon is the concert, and on Saturday, Megumi Nakagima will be probably signing autographs. I'll probably see the battle of the bands at Nokia plaza afterwards, but if anyone wants to meet up for drinks and all, I think there's a group of us going to the Yardhouse afterwards. Don't know how big it'll be, but quite a few of my friends maybe meeting there. We've met there in the past, and between the food and drinks, it's a great place. Either that, or Thursday night might be cool for a meet, but being that the concert is friday, you know the deal. Thursday and Sat will be my hardcor shopping days (posters) and maybe some cells for my wife).

If people recognize May'N and Megumi's names, then you can bet people will be flocking to the concert.

If you want to guarantee yourself a seat (I'm not gonna say you'll get a good seat), then buy the tickets. Otherwise, wait 3+ hours in a long line for tickets.

This is probably going to the best event going on for AX. Many people are rambling over it and many of my friends went from maybe to a guaranteed yes when going. I'll be lining up hours ahead of time, or I dunno. Do those purchased tickets give us priority seating or no?

Funny thing is, I don't really have any Frontier memorabilia for them to sign for the autograph sessions. Maybe I'll just buy the CD and grab a nice picture..

Edited by Ishimaru

I have tickets in my queue assuming I can make (need to secure everything, room, etc.) Where'd you get the listing of how many tickets are left? I'm glad to hear that the masquerade is still free providing the most likely lack of sellout. Still messed up that Fanime's less than a week away, and I have to worry about AX.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

I'd suggest if you're going, to buy the tickets, and not wait in line for free ones. I did that one year, and missed out. While I was waiting in line for tix, I could've been waiting in line for the concert and got damn good seats. That said, I'll probably be in line much earlier as well, too. I want to get as far up front as possible. As for signing stuff, I can't decide if I want one CD for May'n and Megumi to sign, or if two seperate things. There's always the Sheryl visual collection book, the CDs, and even the blu-rays. Hard decision.

Holy poo. I live about an hour north of Edwards, and maybe 3 from LA... I might have to actually go to this now.

And here I was not even knowing when it was. :lol: I might have to save a bit of vacation and take that day off... Oy. July 4th weekend too. I'll have to see if I can get my friends back home to join me, since we usually have a bbq on the 4th.

I went into shock when I heard this. I can't believe AX managed to get them. I wasn't even going to go this year but this changed everything!

It makes sense that Mari would be the special guest.

Why? You doubting Basara-san? :ph34r:

I know Mari is great and all but May'n and Megumi are on a completely different levels in terms of musical performance.

Why? You doubting Basara-san? :ph34r:

I know Mari is great and all but May'n and Megumi are on a completely different levels in terms of musical performance.

I said it before, I'm bettin' on either Yoko Kanno (she did a lot of the music composition and writing for the songs, or good ol' Basara himself will be there to rock out with Sheryl. the May'n music DVD has them performing Totsugeki Love Heart together, and it's a great performance.

I said it before, I'm bettin' on either Yoko Kanno (she did a lot of the music composition and writing for the songs, or good ol' Basara himself will be there to rock out with Sheryl. the May'n music DVD has them performing Totsugeki Love Heart together, and it's a great performance.

Well I can GUARANTEE it wont be Fukuyama, sorry. He has JAM Project Tour gigs on July 1st, 3rd and 4th here in Japan.

That leaves either Kanno or Iijima. I'm torn - logically I'd expect it to be Kanno due to her being the composer and having played piano for the Mac F girls at the Galaxy Tour concerts. However I cant help but think that Kanno's presence would be widely promoted if she was going. That leaves Iijima who, having sang with Megumi before and living around the corner, would be a reasonable expectation.

Maaya - highly doubt it. She only had one song in the entire series and, once again, would not be a guest that the organizers would keep quiet about (since she is in everything from FF13 to Durarara to Eva 2.0 these days and is pretty darn big!)

So, guys. Yardhouse. I'm free on Thu-Fri-Sat nights (although Im going to be jetlagged all to hell).

Who is going, when do you wanna meet up and how will we recognise one another? (I reckon whoever arrives first dresses as Ranka. What do you think? Guys?...Uh...guys?)

So, guys. Yardhouse. I'm free on Thu-Fri-Sat nights (although Im going to be jetlagged all to hell).

Who is going, when do you wanna meet up and how will we recognise one another? (I reckon whoever arrives first dresses as Ranka. What do you think? Guys?...Uh...guys?)

I'll probably be there w/ some sort of Macross t shirt, probably a MWcon shirt (maybe the new one if they're done by that time). Yardhouse is a great place, and since I live close, if we get a large enough group, I'll see about reservations. There will be a few of my friends going as well, so there will already be like 9 of us, then with you, that makes 10.

Friday night would work better for me.

How far is it from LACC? I probably won't be getting a rental car.

I don't know how far, but if you're cool with friday, that so far makes officially 11 and counting. I'm sure we'll all be outside at Yardhouse's patio, where we can move the tables to fit a large group. If they have a large dining area inside, I'll see if I can set that up. Only problem is, I'll need people who are going to be there, to respond here sooner than later. I'd like to try and set this up sooner than later.

Awesome. The Yardhouse is a block away from the convention center. B))

http://www.yelp.com/biz/yard-house-los-angeles

Hahaha, yeah, totally forgot the distance, had probably enough fun for 2 or 3 people last time, but yeah, easily walking distance, and literally 2 minutes walking in L.A. Live from Nokia theater, where the concert will be. Right after in that main center in the plaza will be Battle of the Bands too, so before we go drink and celebrate, we can check out the bands playing their favorite anime songs. Right across from that is Staples center, and right around the corner is the Convention Center. It's all centrally located. For those planning to be there for that time only, I suggest if you're gonna go to the expo, don't remove your car. Parking at L.A. live is very expensive (depending on time, can cost about $20+) If you are going straight there, there's parking across the street and a block away that isn't as pricey. Just throwing that out there for you. Also, I might as well get an official list so that I can see about reservations. If you are planning to meet friday at Yardhouse, pm me so I can get an accurate count. I expect there to be a lot of people at that Yardhouse during that time, so setting this up properly can save us time. Just a quick pm letting me know you're gonna go to the meet and greet. Thanks.

hey all, it's so awesome may'n and megumi are going to have a concert. i always listen to them in my car to and from work. now to see them live, that'll be a treat. gotta get the day off then get tickets. not sure if i can make the weekend event, though from reading everyone's post, it sounds like it's going to be really good also. i've never been to one of these events before. i guess it depends if ill be out of town or not. i'll find out in the next week or two. but do tickets for the weekend get sold out? i'm the procrastinator who always buys tickets last minute. thanks

Yup definately coult me in for the Yardhouse guys. Any idea how we will all recognise each other???

Here's my number.

Mar (510) 364-8570. Please no spam messages. :p

Here's my number.

Mar (510) 364-8570. Please no spam messages. :p

So no phone calls late at night asking what colour your valkyrie is in a deep voice. Awwww, thats no fun at all. lol.

Looking forward to catching up with some of the MacWorld gang there!

Definitely looking forward to the Yardhouse on Friday.

BTW. How many of you are attending the concert on Friday?

If I make it, it will be almost solely for the concert. Megumi and May'n are what turned this from a "like to go" into a "must go". The Black lagoon and Toradora stuff are icing as well. When's this Yardhouse meetup supposed to be? I hope to attend the Mell concert as well, so I may not make it. Though again, that's assuming I make the con to begin with.

I may be able to finally secure rooms for the Biltmore. What's the plan for the OMNI, Un Spacy?

As for Mari, I look forward to seeing her at SacAnime come September.

Definitely going to see the concert, though I'm considering whether or not I should register for a 1-day or 2-day pass...

So if they're gonna have an autograph session, when is it supposedly and how is it going to be done?

I remembered some years back, the Clamp signing was done entirely by lottery. The year Haruhi got licensed, I heard that you could not bring your own item to the signing session, but have to buy the merchandise right there in order to get the autographs from the two voice actresses from said anime. The latter is only what I heard, I don't know anything else...

Edited by shiroikaze

Definitely going to see the concert, though I'm considering whether or not I should register for a 1-day or 2-day pass...

So if they're gonna have an autograph session, when is it supposedly and how is it going to done?

I remembered some years back, the Clamp signing was done entirely by lottery. The year Haruhi got licensed, I heard that you could not bring your own item to the signing session, but have to buy the merchandise right there in order to get the autographs from the two voice actresses from said anime. The latter is only what I heard, I don't know anything else...

It'd be lame if you could only have certain things signed, unless they have Ranka/Sheryl stuff there to buy and have signed. I think May'n is signing on Thursday, and Megumi is signing stuff, or will have a panel on Saturday.

How about we start getting a list together of who's making it to The Yardhouse Friday night?

Hopefully MW'ers can show up even if they can't make it to AX.

It'd be lame if you could only have certain things signed, unless they have Ranka/Sheryl stuff there to buy and have signed. I think May'n is signing on Thursday, and Megumi is signing stuff, or will have a panel on Saturday.

Double-checking the schedule, you're right :(

Well, I'm boned, that throws a wrench in my plans. It kinda sucks that their panels are on separate days; even then, there is no guarantee that they will sign stuff :(. But if it's convenient to them, I guess it can't be helped (Unless it's a ploy by the SPJA to suck up as much money from us :o).

I kinda find it odd that Anime Expo doesn't offer 3-day passes. Did they offer before in the past? I don't reemember...

What to do... what to do...