Anime Expo 2010

It'd be lame if you could only have certain things signed, unless they have Ranka/Sheryl stuff there to buy and have signed. I think May'n is signing on Thursday, and Megumi is signing stuff, or will have a panel on Saturday.

I posted above that I wouldn't mind setting it all up for Yardhouse, just need people to shoot me pm's to confirm you're going. The other option of not planning is that we just decide to all show up and sit outside (as we wouldn't be able to get any space inside if the group is large enough and unannounced). As for time, I was thinking maybe Friday 7p.m. or if anyone else has any suggestions, throw them out here.

While likely, just because May'n's panel is Thursday, doesn't entirely mean her autograph session is. Yutaka Izubuchi had a panel on a Saturday, but signed on Sunday. There's also the free for all signing Sunday, but no guarantee she'll be there. Generally, the best bet for autographs is getting a ticket attending the panel (Izubuchi only signed for people at the panel).

Mercurial...you're welcome to crash Friday night at the Omni.

Just chip in a little bit for the room.

So 7pm at the Yardhouse? That's okay with me since I won't be attending the Mell concert.

Edited by UN Spacy

I just confirmed my way to AX! I can't wait to see em! I was in Japan for four years and managed to miss their concerts due to Navy Deployments! To learn they were gonna do a concert here in the states... Su-freaking-goi indeed!

May N and Megumi in Concert - Mac F Medley

I found this cool clip of May N and Megumi singing a 10 minute Macross Frontier medley. If i can't make it to the AX concert, i'm happy i at least saw this video to see a live performance of some of these songs.

Pure awesome!!! This is gonna be a fun show. And with all the Macross fans there to share it with. Good times.

Hi everyone! I'm pretty new, but wanted to say hi, and I am going to AX (4th year staffing!) I got totally excited when I heard May'n and Nakajima Megumi were coming, and Konishi on top of that, awesome. Hope to be able to meet some of you, especially if you're going to MacrossWorld at my home school!

And I'm definitely hoping they'll be at the Open Autograph session on Sunday, because for some reason I can never make the regular sessions =(

I won't be able to attend Konishi and May'n's panels. :(

Three more weeks to go folks!

Any other Bay Area MW'ers are going to AX (aside from me, duckie81, and Mercurial Morpheus)?

Just a heads up.... I wasn't able to get enough confirmations for any reserved space at the Yardhouse, so I'm thinking we should settle for food/drinks in the patio. It should be nice and warm outside. I think if we meet up in front about 6:45-7:00p.m., we can figure out the number, and if they'll need to move the patio tables and chairs.

I won't be able to attend Konishi and May'n's panels. :(

Three more weeks to go folks!

Any other Bay Area MW'ers are going to AX (aside from me, duckie81, and Mercurial Morpheus)?

If memory serves, they lamely ran the end of the Konishi panel right into the start of the Megumi panel. No offence to Ozma/Kamina, but Ranka takes priority. So many conflictions. As for May'n I'll be leaving NorCal early Thursday specifically so I can pick up my reg and make her panel. Everything's just bout set, I just need to hope the money holds past next week's Disneyland trip. Though I should be good. Thanks for the room offer, UN Spacy. Hopefully, I won't need it, since as it stands, I have one at the Millennium Biltmore (if you decide to come early to catch May'n, I'm sure my family won't mind me returning the favor and letting you crash that night).

Hope to see everyone down there. I'm still not sure I'll be able to make the Yardhouse, since I do intend to see the Mell concert. You do have my number Mar, if you want to meetup for autograph lines or something. I'm also toying with the idea of making a custom shirt for the concert (I have friend that constantly does so, so it's rubbing off on me). I'll post it here if I do so.

Should we also meet up before the concert starts?

My flight arrives around 10:30am. I should be at AX around 11:30am. ^_^

If someone can save me a spot in line I would greatly appreciate it.

Two weeks to go!

So. Do we have a backup plan just in case The Yardhouse is MEGA PACKED (which it probably will be).

One of my Socal pals suggest this place. IIRC it's close to one of the Metro stops.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/honda-ya-izakaya-los-angeles

Would anyone be willing to pick up some MUV LUV ALTERNATIVE stuff for me at the MangaGamers booth? Age' will actually be guests of MangaGamers, and will be bringing exclusive Volks store stuff. Hoping for a legit English release of Muv Luv Alternative Chronicles games and media someday...

http://mangagamer.wordpress.com/2010/06/06/anime-expo-2010/

Out of curiosity, what time will people going to the concert get there to wait? I'm probably gonna have my gear ready and my wife and I will probably get there early, say 11 or 11:30. I wanna make sure we get real close seats. If anyone is planning on getting there earlier, perhaps we should all set it up where we at least try to get in line around the same time? Oh, and the Yardhouse does get packed, but not too packed to where you can't get in at all. If we ask for outside, it will be a shorter wait too.

I'm registering for a one-day pass along with the ticket :huh: so I'll be going there uber early. Probably get there before 7AM to register and hopefully make it in time for decent seats by 10:30 or 11 AM or so.

I'm kinda bummed out that I won't be able to make it to Yuu Asakawa's, May'n's, and Nakajima's panels... or any other event for that matter :(

I haven't been to AX in a while nor I have been to the LACC, are the lines for the badges still pretty bad? Or is it just bad for Day 0 and Day 1?

I'll be leaving from LAX around 10:40am.

I should be at AX around 11:30am.

But I'll still need to pick up my badge and concert ticket. Anyone know how long that'll take?

Anyways. I think we should start exchanging contact info.

I'm not sure whether you guys know or not, but Nokia Theater tickets have assigned seating, so you don't need to get there really early on the day of if you get your tickets on an earlier day. I heard from a friend who works in Main Events ticketing that how close your seats are depends not on when you ordered/purchased them, but when you pick them up (first come first serve), so I'd try to get them early rather than coming early on the day of, if you can. And as a red vest, the lines outside of assigned seating are pretty pointless out in the sun, so just come in closer to the concert time rather than waiting outside and your seat will still be there =).

Waiting in the sun will probably be Exhibit Hall/Registration, which are both (among other things) in South Hall Lobby......sadpanda this year ToT. I've heard the lines aren't nearly as bad after Day 0 and Day 1, so you should be ok shiroikaze, but you're only going one day? Aww =(

And random update on the panels - They changed the schedule so Nakajima and Konishi aren't at conflicting times, though Konishi's still in the smaller room rather than the bigger one for his GoH panel =O

I have to admit I'm torn on this, but will probably not go. I'm a huge Macross fan for many years but I still have not gotten a chance to see Mac Frontier. So I'd basically be going to a concert of two performers who's work I'm totally unfamiliar with. Is mac frontier's music really good, average, or bad? How does it rank against music from the other Macross series?

I have seen both Yoko Kanno and Mari Ijima perform back in a previous AX(Mari I've seen twice), so them being there wouldn't be a huge incentive to go. I dunno, other than Magumi and May'n, there aren't any other guests attending AX that I'm interested in. Plus I don't even know how much the concert and registration is.

I have to admit I'm torn on this, but will probably not go. I'm a huge Macross fan for many years but I still have not gotten a chance to see Mac Frontier. So I'd basically be going to a concert of two performers who's work I'm totally unfamiliar with. Is mac frontier's music really good, average, or bad? How does it rank against music from the other Macross series?

I have seen both Yoko Kanno and Mari Ijima perform back in a previous AX(Mari I've seen twice), so them being there wouldn't be a huge incentive to go. I dunno, other than Magumi and May'n, there aren't any other guests attending AX that I'm interested in. Plus I don't even know how much the concert and registration is.

Mac F music is actually pretty good and catchy... i posted a link a few posts back to a live concert of MayN and Megumi and Mayn is a great singer... I've never really been too much of a fan of Macross music since i'm more a mecha guy, but Mac F songs are pretty dayam good IMO... that's why i actually am pretty excited to see this girls live in the US... won't get that opportunity for awhile

Mac F music is actually pretty good and catchy... i posted a link a few posts back to a live concert of MayN and Megumi and Mayn is a great singer... I've never really been too much of a fan of Macross music since i'm more a mecha guy, but Mac F songs are pretty dayam good IMO... that's why i actually am pretty excited to see this girls live in the US... won't get that opportunity for awhile

I have to admit, while I do like a lot of the music of Macross in general, Macross Frontier music is up there with some of the best of it. Add the fact that there's a good gathering of MW fans attending this, and it's set to be a good afternoon/evening. I'm looking forward to this concert, as it's probably the only time in the U.S. they might be here, and hanging out with Macrossworld fans from all over is gonna be a great time.

so i caved in and bought a 1 day pass on Friday to go to the May n and Megumi Concert. =] Figured i'd probably never get to see them otherwise. So where do we pick up the tickets then?

If you come in from the double doors for South Hall, Reg should be on the left side, and I think Main Events Ticketing is on the right side. Randomly, I didn't realize that they charged twice as much for Main Events for people who didn't buy the 4-day pass =\...or that it's more expensive at-con for 4-dayers. Anyways, I'm attaching a layout of South Hall, and I don't feel too bad because it was leaked on cosplay.com earlier >D.

And yay, Macross music =D. So looking forward to the concert!

If you come in from the double doors for South Hall, Reg should be on the left side, and I think Main Events Ticketing is on the right side. Randomly, I didn't realize that they charged twice as much for Main Events for people who didn't buy the 4-day pass =\...or that it's more expensive at-con for 4-dayers. Anyways, I'm attaching a layout of South Hall, and I don't feel too bad because it was leaked on cosplay.com earlier >D.

And yay, Macross music =D. So looking forward to the concert!

Is it going to be possible to pick up tickets during pre-registration on Wednesday? I'm going Wednesday afternoon/night to pickup passes. If doing that is possible, I'm hoping I can get my tickets early.

There are still plenty of tickets left.

Too bad they aren't more Bay Area folks going. Oh well, they're gonna miss out on awesomeness. :lol:

BTW. Bee, isamu, etc can ya make it to the Yardhouse afterwards?

I won't be going, since I have stuff to do (sadly), but could I make a request?

Whoever attends the concerts, could you bring a video camera and upload to YouTube?

I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one feeling thankful for it.

Nokia Theater has a policy of no cameras inside, which they search and use metal detectors if I remember from 2008, so I don't think anyone will be able to =(. Then if you can get it through the doors, Main Events staff will probably catch the camera. Sorry =(.

Is it going to be possible to pick up tickets during pre-registration on Wednesday? I'm going Wednesday afternoon/night to pickup passes. If doing that is possible, I'm hoping I can get my tickets early.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you can =). My friend who works at Main Events said that Day 0'd be her busiest day, and they won't close until maybe 9 so that everyone can get their tickets I'm guessing.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They actually have the autograph sessions posted!

http://www.anime-expo.org/programming/autograph-session/

Some bad news...

Hey there guys. Well it's less than a week until the big event and I have my ticket from Tokyo booked and posters to get signed by mayn an megumi packed and ready to go.....

And then, on wednesday, my appendix apparently decided it was a lemming and hit the self destruct button. It was a close call and I spent a lot of Wednesday in surgery, but now here I am stuck in a hospital bed with the do tor telling me there is no way in hell I'm getting on a plane next week.

To be honest I'm pretty devastated. Sure, I've seen mayn and megumi probably 6 or 7 times in the past, but signings and meet&greets are not done here in Japan- and I was prepared to fly all the way to the US just to meet them and get these posters signed. More importantly (yeah yeah call me a sap- I'll just say that the pain killers are getting to me, lol) I was looking forward to finally meeting a lot of the MW crew in person at last. Well unfortunately I'm out of the game for now, and I apologize to yellowlightman and the oter guys I'd promised to meet up with. Have a drink at the yardhouse for me guys.

UN Spacy type guy! What's this Yardhouse thing and is that open to everyone? I know I'm kinda new to MW but I wouldn't mind meeting other Macross Fans!

Mercurial - Those are some pretty awesome designs! Heheh, I've been joking that I want to try and get one of my friends SMS jackets signed by them. (From a set of Frontier costumes we made last year.)

Tochiro - I know what you mean on seeing them in an American setting. Sadly, I was in Japan for four years and I never got to see 'em due to deployment issues. I am really sad to hear your troubles man and I really hope for a fast and well recovery man!