Anime Expo 2010

I have my pass for Saturday.

Any other Bay Area MW'ers wanna fly down there together?

I am planning to leave early Saturday morning and come back Sunday night.

I went in 07 and 08 pretty fun, dressed up and stuff with my friends. UN SPACY BEWARE OF WEIRD ASS people there. Some people glomp or tackle/ hug out of nowhere. Aside from that the dealer room is pretty sweet lots of sellers although they won't want to haggle with you (those bast@rds). The event "masquerade" is also quite neat with cosplayers performing skits and other forms of entertainment (wait in line for tickets early). I don't know if there going to have an AMV contest again but thats also worth looking into as well. Hope this helps and enjoy yourself!

Bay Area or SoCal folks.

Anyone else wanna split a room at the Westin Bonaventure for Sat night?

It's about one mile away from the LACC, it'll be $145 (plus taxes) divided among the occupants (4 max).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I will make it an effort to see Kenji Kamiyama (GITS:SAC director) and Katsuyuki Konishi (Ozma Lee/Kamina's VA) panel.

Hopefully they're both on Saturday or I'm screwed. :lol:

I will make it an effort to see Kenji Kamiyama (GITS:SAC director) and Katsuyuki Konishi (Ozma Lee/Kamina's VA) panel.

Hopefully they're both on Saturday or I'm screwed. :lol:

If those are on Sat. as well, I'll be in for seeing them. I don't know how many days I'm going, but I'm gonna at least try for two days.

If those are on Sat. as well, I'll be in for seeing them. I don't know how many days I'm going, but I'm gonna at least try for two days.

Better make the 2nd day Friday!!!! I'm requesting that day off from work. Gotta see Sheryl and Ranka perform! :-D That announcement really made my AX!

I was only planning on going Saturday.

FORGET THAT! I will not miss May'n and Megumi.

BTW. If anyone wants to crash with me at the Westin Bonaventure (there's a free shuttle to and from AX) on Friday night lemme know.

Edited by UN Spacy

Yoko Kanno?!?

So. I'm guessing May'n and Megumi will be Concert B.

Concert: AKB48 (Thursday Afternoon) $30.00

[CONA] Concert: AKB48 (Thursday Afternoon)

Type: Miscellaneous

Track(s): Main Event Tickets

Category: TICKETS

Available Qty: 4747 out of 5000

Concert: B (Friday Afternoon) $30.00

[CONB] Concert: B (Friday Afternoon)

Available Qty: 4931 out of 5000

Concert: MELL (Friday Evening) $30.00

[CONC] Concert: MELL (Friday Evening)

Available Qty: 4913 out of 5000

Concert: SOPHIA (Saturday Afternoon) $30.00

[sOPHIA] Concert: SOPHIA (Saturday Afternoon)

Anime Expo Masquerade (Saturday Evening) $30.00

[MAS] Anime Expo Masquerade (Saturday Evening)

Available Qty: 4675 out of 5000

Edited by UN Spacy

Yoko Kanno?!?

So. I'm guessing May'n and Megumi will be Concert B.

Firebomber, Mari, Yoko... I'd be happy if it was any of them! (Though I'd really be happy if it was the lead singer of Fire Bomber!)

Where did you find the concert & pricing information? Went to the AX site and couldn't find it. Thanks!

Firebomber, Mari, Yoko... I'd be happy if it was any of them! (Though I'd really be happy if it was the lead singer of Fire Bomber!)

Where did you find the concert & pricing information? Went to the AX site and couldn't find it. Thanks!

It should be in your registration page, Add Event.

It should be in your registration page, Add Event.

Thanks for the info! Problem is that Jason and I haven't registered for AX yet due to work schedules. :p Definitely want to do it in time before the concert tix sell out.

Better make the 2nd day Friday!!!! I'm requesting that day off from work. Gotta see Sheryl and Ranka perform! :-D That announcement really made my AX!

Registration and tickets bought and payed. Gonna make sure I'm in front for this one. Looks like they'll also be signing and doing all that as well. What to bring to have autographed. This is gonna be awesome. AX actually has a real reason for us to attend this year. This really shows the popularity Frontier has managed to gain without ever making here in the states. I'd like to see Yoko Kanno, or Yoshiki Fukuyama perform with Megumi and May'n. Those are my guesses as to who will be their special guest.

Wow, WHAT a line up this year has. You know, I've wanted to try a US convention for years but keep hearing that recent ones are all cosplaying teenagers or US voice actors - could this years AX be a final big hurrah?

Despite having seen May'n and Megumi multiple times (will actually be seeing Megumi play in Tokyo on June 30), I gotta say - I am tempted to fly over to the US for that weekend. Very tempted. Artists generally dont do signings in Japan. Getting autographs would rock. Hmmm...

So, while I go check my bank account/work schedule, Ill put the question out there - is anyone going interested in sharing accom? If I do go, I suppose I'd arrive the Thu morning (provided I can get a flight), so will be looking for a room to share or place to crash on Thu, Fri, Sat nights. If anyone is willing to share, PM me. (of course, this is all tentative for now).

Also, we HAVE to do a MacrossWorld met up on one of the nights! (regardless of whether or not I make it). Anyone wanna suggest a good pub?

The official word is out, cool. Can you guys guess who the special guest will be?

They say its a "mystery guest" who will also perform onstage with these two singers. So my guess is Maaya Sakamoto, after all she provides the vocals for triangular, Aimo, and/or of course the Nyan Nyan Service Melody!

Edited by Freiflug88

Yeah, charging for the masquerade is just bizarre. So 75 bucks only covers the panels, minor events and dealers hall. It's messed up.

Actually, if the tickets don't sell out then masquerade tickets there will be free and I have yet to not get into masquerade so far. I wish I read the fine print a little harder, but I'm not sure if its the same for concert tickets, either I can't miss this opportunity to see May'n and Megumi here in the States :o

Day 2 – Friday, July 2nd 2010

Time Location Event

1:30pm to 3:00pm Nokia Theater Megumi Nakajima & May’n Live in Concert

3:00pm to 6:00pm Nokia Plaza Battle of the Bands Contest

7:30pm to 9:00pm Nokia Theater MELL Live in Concert

I don't know if any MW locals here are going on Saturday except for JasonC. I could go Saturday or I could go to Frank and Sons. Either way, I should be free to go to either one. I'll ask some of the locals to see if they wanna meet up or not.

Actually, if the tickets don't sell out then masquerade tickets there will be free and I have yet to not get into masquerade so far. I wish I read the fine print a little harder, but I'm not sure if its the same for concert tickets, either I can't miss this opportunity to see May'n and Megumi here in the States :o

Should I buy the concert tickets then?

I have another friend telling me that they give them away. But you gotta wait in a long arse line.