Official Yamato v.2 1/60 VF-1S TV Version

Macross World Daddy

The markings on the shoulders are different colours too.

Just check out Mr. March's Macross Mecha Manual pictures.

http://www.macross2.net/m3/m3-index.htm

I think the shoulders on the both the TV and DYRL version are the same. If you pay close attention, in Mr. March's version of the (TV) VF-1S Roy, the shoulders are patched black with red triangles, during battriod. Then, only a red triangle is all that is left on the shoulders, during GERWALK.

Animation errors are inevitable.

Okay you guys here's a question, cause no one has answered it for me so far. Been looking high and low, but I can't find movie color Strike/Super Parts. I probably wouldn't mind getting TV but I already got 2 sets on my movie version valks, I don't wanna switch color schemes honestly.

Anyone got any places available? or willing to sell theirs?

Please check your msgs.

(sorry mods, I know this isn't the place to do this)

I think the shoulders on the both the TV and DYRL version are the same. If you pay close attention, in Mr. March's version of the (TV) VF-1S Roy, the shoulders are patched black with red triangles, during battriod. Then, only a red triangle is all that is left on the shoulders, during GERWALK.

Animation errors are inevitable.

Well specifically his picture of DYRL Strike has yellow triangles on the shoulders.

Yes, if you take te pictures to be canon. However, in the absolute majority of the pictures that I have seen be it box art or otherwise, the shoulder arrows are yellow. I have never associated Roy's VF-1S with anything red.

Numbers are the same. 001. Another difference is that tv 1s have the letters VF just above the foot thrusters

In addition, it has the bigger/rounded, TV style fixed pose hands. It will lack the plated tinting for the canopy too. Instead of the faint gray color that the DYRL? version was molded in, the upcoming TV versions will will be molded in bright white like the Hikaru 1J.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Yes, if you take te pictures to be canon. However, in the absolute majority of the pictures that I have seen be it box art or otherwise, the shoulder arrows are yellow. I have never associated Roy's VF-1S with anything red.

Agreed, those arts done in early 80s all have yellow triangle on shoulders.

super_vf_1s.jpg

vf_1s.jpg

vf-1s-battroid.jpg

Edited by Vi-RS

I'm not saying you guys are "wrong" or it should be one way or the other but there's definitely a precedent for both. Mr March's site has some pics ( I assume it's in the animation too but I'm not going through all those frames!) with the red triangles and two Technical manuals/art books/guides I have at home have the red as well.

It's right here on this books jacket too for some reason.

http://www.hlj.com/product/SOF32557

Take it for what you will.

I'm not saying you guys are "wrong" or it should be one way or the other but there's definitely a precedent for both. Mr March's site has some pics ( I assume it's in the animation too but I'm not going through all those frames!) with the red triangles and two Technical manuals/art books/guides I have at home have the red as well.

It's right here on this books jacket too for some reason.

http://www.hlj.com/product/SOF32557

Take it for what you will.

I do seem to recall there being red triangles on the shoulders of Roy's Valk as well. It's not hard evidence for Roy's valk but if you check out pretty much all of the other Yamato TV Valk's they have Red triangle's on the shoulders. Hikaru's 1J, Max's 1A and 1J, Milia's 1J. I think pretty much all of them have it, I don't have Kakizaki's or the CF's but I do recall the animation having red triangles on those fighters as well. I'd bet Roy's was done the same.

Is the bundle pack really going to come with Hikaru and not with Roy or both? That means I'm going to have to pick up a set of TV Fast Packs (and the best deal I can find is almost $60 shipped) and grab the standalone VF-1S with Roy.

• 2 weeks later...

When Yamato says end of whichever month, they usually mean the very last working day of the month, unless otherwise stated, so I guess it will only Wednesday, 30th, or earliest Tuesday before we hear news.

Edited by BlueMax

The markings on the shoulders are different colours too.

Just check out Mr. March's Macross Mecha Manual pictures.

http://www.macross2.net/m3/m3-index.htm

Mr March's Mecha Manual is an invaluable resource and I think we can never thank him too much for what he has done, but in this case the colours on the VF1S (the triangles) are wrong. Roy (both TV and DYRL) has yellow triangles on the shoulders. Check animation, Memory Perfect, Takatoku 1/55 valkyrie, Yamato 1/60 v1 & v2, Yamato 1/48, (the list goes on).

Edited by nexxstrait

Agreed, for a long time after seeing Mr March's site I thought TV Roy's triangles were red, but when I checked the show recently I was pretty surprised to see them as yellow.

Also agree on everything Mr March has done for us, totally immeasurable.

A couple of pages..

http://www.yamato-toys.com/new/release.php?y=2010&m=7

and

http://www.yamato-toys.com/items/detail.php?gid=1648

Just 1 day delayed... It's not uncommon for June releases to be issued on June 30.

That's strange. I had just gone to Yamato's site before posting my last message and I used a link saying it would release 6/2010. Oh well.

Edited by Old Man

I'm planning to the Low Viz type, is it worth it or shall wait for the TV ver. if asking why cuz I prefer darker color, we all know by time the white color will change.

IF you think more, chances are you are losing it coz many places have sold out the low viz.

I'm planning to the Low Viz type, is it worth it or shall wait for the TV ver. if asking why cuz I prefer darker color, we all know by time the white color will change.

While you can't always prevent yellowing on white plastic, there are ways to minimize the possibility of it happening. Most importantly, common sense: stay away from any source of UV, be it energy saving bulbs, halogen lights, direct sunlight or fluorescent lights. Also make sure your hands are washed clean before handling the fig, as some believe oils and sweat from your hands can cause a chemical reaction. Third, if your closet smells of vinegar, DO NOT store your figs in them, even if they're sealed inside a box. The sour smell comes from the fumes in the glue used during the manufacturing of certain furniture or treatment of wood, and can potentially cause yellowing.

Actually, plastic in any colors besides black can yellow or fade when exposed to the elements mentioned above, it's just that added colors makes it less obvious than on a white surface.

It doesn't look fokker to me on the pilot....

you know, I just came in here to speculate on what ridiculous source of panic we'd be having for this release, but it looks like you guys have already beaten me to the punch.

Congratulations everyone, keep up the good work. :p