Official Yamato v.2 1/60 VF-1S TV Version

Macross World Daddy

Why is there no love from Yamato when it comes to the VF-1S tv version. I was going through my 1/48 and 1/60 (versions 1 and 2) Valk's and noticed that all VF-1S versions are DYRL movie versions. Why is there not 1 tv version? I guess the no paint version kind of counts but seriously........why is this?

The only difference is the pilot suit and minor marking on VF-1S head black arrow, and very minor marking. It's been discussed many times, do a search.

I know the differences are very minimal, with the exception of the pilot but Yamato has done so many varient's and milked the franchise to death, that it seems like a no brainer to do a tv version. Somehow, my collection (tv versions) does not seem complete. If I am not mistaken, this is the only version that has not been made/announced from the tv and DYRL movie variant's.

Yamato should definitely make a TV Roy. If people don't want one they don't have to buy it.

If they don't want to sell it, they definitely don't have to make it.

They don't manufacture whole pile of toys and wait people to buy, I bet the TV Roy crossed their mind but the difference is so minimal and the demand is so low. It's not cost efficience to have this in the list.

Yamato should definitely make a TV Roy. If people don't want one they don't have to buy it.

And if nobody buy's it because nobody wants it and it ends up a shelf warmer getting sold at a loss? Not sure where the incentive to make this is for Yamato. How many units are the really going to sell of a variant that's 99% identical to a product they've already released 3+ times.

Well if Yamato follows the way they released the 1/48 DYRL VF-1S, they will release the 1/60 2.0 multiple times. I don't see why it would hurt to release it TV style with some TV packs at least once. If it's going to sit on the shelf I doubt it will sit more then another release of the DYRL would.

easiest way is to just re-release the existing VF-1S w/ an extra TV style pilot figure. no web exclusives please!

...that's if Yamato is gonna be totally lazy about this... or just wait for EXO to sell TV Roy pilot figs.

Edited by m0n5t3r

I don't think there is enough of a difference to warrant a TV version of Roy's VF-1S. If nothing else, it could be a version with guaranteed shoulder pins though I'd much rather Yamato come out with another mold or at least another accessory TBH. I'm personally hoping for Reactive Armor for the VF-0 or more destroids though I know both are unlikely.

I don't think there is enough of a difference to warrant a TV version of Roy's VF-1S. If nothing else, it could be a version with guaranteed shoulder pins though I'd much rather Yamato come out with another mold or at least another accessory TBH. I'm personally hoping for Reactive Armor for the VF-0 or more destroids though I know both are unlikely.

There could be a difference if they wanted to release it on a white body like the other TV Valks instead of the off-white DYRL color.

Didn't Graham have a poll going about this or something to gauge interest for Yamato?

I think it's kind of silly that people here are saying "there's not enough demand for it." It would cost Yamato less than $1 per unit to make these changes and they are CONSTANTLY re-releasing the Roy VF-1S DYRL version. If there's so little difference in cost to produce a slightly different version of the toy and there's ANY possibility of it selling more than yet another DYRL reissue then it DOES seem kinda silly that Yamato wouldn't just go ahead and do it. The only logical conclusion is that Yamato just doesn't think anyone cares about the tiny differences so they don't bother so it's a good thing when people who do want to see it voice their opinion. Heck, we got a "Low Vis Focker VF-1S" and I don't remember a single person clamoring for that release before Yamato showed it's prototype.

So, if you want one, I say clamor away... it really seems like Yamato needs a cheap money-maker right now anyway.

I agree with jenius. If Yamato would re-release the DYRL Focker again, it would only sell better if they release a TV one.

- If people think they are the same, they will get this one instead of the DYRL. (no need to re-release DYRL version)

- If people think they are different (THEY ARE DIFFERENT!), some people like me would get a second one.

What's involved for Yamato? A new box art, and very minor re-configuration on paints.

I think it's kind of silly that people here are saying "there's not enough demand for it." It would cost Yamato less than $1 per unit to make these changes and they are CONSTANTLY re-releasing the Roy VF-1S DYRL version. If there's so little difference in cost to produce a slightly different version of the toy and there's ANY possibility of it selling more than yet another DYRL reissue then it DOES seem kinda silly that Yamato wouldn't just go ahead and do it.

Exactly. The VF-1S Roy gets reissued all the damn time and, being an iconic character, is always a sure seller. It's not like one release with TV changes has any greater chance of sitting around unsold any more than any other VF-1S Roy. It boggles my mind that people are like, "NO!!! DON'T MAKE ONE!!!!" That sentiment pops up every time a TV Roy release is brought up. It's like there's a "No TV Roy" club or something.

Exactly. The VF-1S Roy gets reissued all the damn time and, being an iconic character, is always a sure seller. It's not like one release with TV changes has any greater chance of sitting around unsold any more than any other VF-1S Roy. It boggles my mind that people are like, "NO!!! DON'T MAKE ONE!!!!" That sentiment pops up every time a TV Roy release is brought up. It's like there's a "No TV Roy" club or something.

folk here got incensed when yamato released the hikaru 1s instead of including a 1s head in with the 1a release, outraged posts about being ripped off and milking.

I can't wait to see what sort of entitled fury a TV roy vf-1s would bring, especially if it ends up being just a tv pilot and the head arrow repaint.

But THAT LV Focker scheme? Not-so-much. A 1S version of the original LV? Sure.

true. :)

Edited by eugimon

I was (and am) really hoping Yamato revisit's the VF-1A low-viz for 1/60v2.5 and also has a VF-1J. In 1/60 I would do a whole team of 4 valks!

Also want a TV-Roy. Always found the DYRL and beyond samurai shoulders on the pilot outfits more than a little ridiculous. I don't care what color the paint the arrow on the head... black would be nice, but I can live with yellow.

Edited by Uxi

the real question is....if they released it, how many of you would get it?

I know many of you say that it's practically the same thing....but at the same time (no offense because I'm envious) I've never seen so much obsessive collecting in my life.

A tv roy would sell like hotcakes

Edited by pondo

But THAT LV Focker scheme? Not-so-much. A 1S version of the original LV? Sure.

can I just say that I HATE the LV1 scheme? I think the LV1 is hideous and the 1/60 v.2 LV, the LV2, and the Stealth all look better.

Edited by anime52k8

Honestly, I have no idea why Yamato releases low-vis versions, but never the more asked for versions. Case in point, Milia's TV Q-Rau vs her DYRL version. I think I can safely say that I'm not the only one who wants a TV Q-Rau to pose with my VF-1A Max TV version, and it's so easy for Yamato to just recolor the DYRL Q-Rau in TV version green.

In the case of Roy's VF-1S, basically all Yamato has to do is paint a generic pilot in Roy's colors and throw in a pair of readily available TV hands, and then package it as the VF-1S Roy Focker TV version. Bob's your uncle.

But the fact remains that Yamato just doesn't want to release a TV Roy VF-1S package for whatever reason, and we'll just have to make do with the currently marketed DYRL Anniversary Plus set. Still, it would have been really nice if Yamato had included a pair of TV version hands and a TV version Roy pilot in there--like I said, all they had to do was to paint the generic TV version pilot in Roy colors.

Of course, you could always cannibalize a air of TV hands from a VF-1 you're currently keeping in storage. As for the pilot, though, you could buy one from EXO (not sure if he's made any seated pilot sets, though).

the real question is....if they released it, how many of you would get it?

True that many would regard them the same (but to some of us they are different). But as Yamato would re-issue the DYRL Focker anyways (that that is THE SAME), why not spend a little (box art and minimal paint adjustment) and sell more than just another round of DYRL Focker? I think this is a more valid argument than seeing TV Roy as a totally "new" model.

Yeah I have to agree, a TV VF-1S would look great with my Vermillon squad.

The brighter white of the TV valks looks good when they are together. When you put the DYRL Roy 1S next them it just looks odd - from a display point of view.

So my Roy DYRL happily sits with his DYRL buddies on a different shelf.

Would I buy a TV Roy - HELL YES!!

Just putting this out there - do Yamato think the TV Roy should be darker/aged as it was the longest serving valk??

Just putting this out there - do Yamato think the TV Roy should be darker/aged as it was the longest serving valk??

Yes, and I think yamato missed their chance with the weathered vf-1s, that should have been the TV version

Yes, and I think yamato missed their chance with the weathered vf-1s, that should have been the TV version

Now that makes perfect sense - that would have been a winner!!

I'm not a huge fan of the weathered releases but that would have been a MUST HAVE.

Here's a thought, are those vf-1S kits the right shade of white or not?

I mean if they are then you could make one for cheaper the cost of buying it completed.

Just my humble 2cents.

Honestly, I have no idea why Yamato releases low-vis versions, but never the more asked for versions. Case in point, Milia's TV Q-Rau vs her DYRL version. I think I can safely say that I'm not the only one who wants a TV Q-Rau to pose with my VF-1A Max TV version, and it's so easy for Yamato to just recolor the DYRL Q-Rau in TV version green.

do you have any proof people are actually asking for these toys (web polls here don't count)

because every time they try making non Valkyries nobody buys them