Voltron revival?

I kinda enjoyed that show. I think it suffered from a lack of toys & marketing. Everything did during that time.

The original triangle was disturbing! Yes, the princess and Keith had a vibe going. But in an early episode Allura is captured and becomes Lotor's sex slave. :unsure: (It's heavily implied.) In that context, every time after that in which Lotor spoke or "flirted" with Allura, he comes off with a whole new level of gloaty and creepy.

Note that in the original GoLion, that was a relative of hers that actually had become his sex slave.

I kinda enjoyed that show. I think it suffered from a lack of toys & marketing. Everything did during that time.

The original triangle was disturbing! Yes, the princess and Keith had a vibe going. But in an early episode Allura is captured and becomes Lotor's sex slave. :unsure: (It's heavily implied.) In that context, every time after that in which Lotor spoke or "flirted" with Allura, he comes off with a whole new level of gloaty and creepy.

Actually, IN Both GoLion AND Voltron, it is her distant relative that is captured. Allura/Fala never was his sex slave. her cousin Romelle (can't remember her GoLion name) was, but thanks to 80's censorship, you don't hear the screams that were in GoLion when Sincline "took" her (meaning Fala's cousin).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Holy crap that's.... Voltron!

I am so frakking confused now.

I understand they're doing a meta episode about the franchise, but I assumed from the very beginning that they were taking the Gundam Wing Endless Waltz route, implying that the new design of Voltron was how it always looked like in the original show. Or hell, like how DYRL changed the appearance of the original show and ultimately the Macross universe.

Edited by Einherjar

Quote from the crew about the clip:

To be 100% clear Dudley is based off me (Jeremy) and is NO WAY intended as a slam against classic fans (though we all have a little Dudley in us). Glad to see some of you are getting that. No different than when Batman: Brave and the Bold went to Comic Con.
Yes I want to be clear that Dudley is in fact based on... me (though we all have a bit of Dudley inside us!) and sort of the dark side of fandom.

In fact, production loathed me when I went through that Dudley collection to make sure all the colors were right and show accurate. Had to change the blaster as well!

It's a fun meta-episode we wrote predicting a bit of the backlash against the new cadets so please take it in stride and try to enjoy it. Didn't Batman: Brave and the Bold do something similar with them going to Comic Con? what you ARENT seeing is the B story of the episode which is really incredible with the Lions becoming sentient and the Force has to tame them once more! It's AWESOME!

It's also a chance to sneak on a Classic Voltron model which is actually the Mattel Blazing Sword Voltron! It's a hilarious episode written by Daniel Powell (EP Ugly Americans) that should get everyone talking next week Thursday at 8:30 PM EST only on Nicktoons!

Batman had the advantage of Bat-mite doing the commentary, though.

Edited by Einherjar

lol at the backlasth. I wonder if this actually real, as I can't fathom any classic voltron fans following the show long enough to even catch this episode, let alone care enough to think they were being slammed. As for the lions being sentient....THEY WERE NEVER SUPPOSED TO BE FREAKIN SENTIENT!!

Damn I'm glad the new Thundercats is the polar opposite to this, though I'm surprised that Tommy Yune can resist turning the robotech franchise into this.

Robotech is going to get folded into Transformers 4 and will be featured as sentient jet fighters called the "Robotechians" Starscream will lead them poorly (Unless he died in TF3, I never kept up with those movies).

Starscream had both his eyes gouged out and his head blown off with a grenade by Shia Labeouf.

Edited by anime52k8

lol at the backlasth. I wonder if this actually real, as I can't fathom any classic voltron fans following the show long enough to even catch this episode, let alone care enough to think they were being slammed. As for the lions being sentient....THEY WERE NEVER SUPPOSED TO BE FREAKIN SENTIENT!!

Preview of S1E15 "Dudley- Voltron's Biggest Fan"

Didn't The Third Dimension do an episode about the lions being sentient or going crazy? I don't remember, but then again, it really doesn't matter anymore.

Damn I'm glad the new Thundercats is the polar opposite to this, though I'm surprised that Tommy Yune can resist turning the robotech franchise into this.

HG is apparently too poor to do even this these days.

Edited by Einherjar

As for the lions being sentient....THEY WERE NEVER SUPPOSED TO BE FREAKIN SENTIENT!!

In the original series it is implied Voltron was one sentient unpiloted robot, something carried over from Golion. Though as said later depictions in V3D, the IDW comic and now Voltron Force has the lions as sentient.

• 2 weeks later...

th_1321606544838.jpg

Not only does a fanboy has a scaled classic Voltron toy but the cadets get a combining support robot of their own made from those trash vehicles called... Awesometron. Sigh~ Dammit...

From what I see this robot should be smaller than a robot lion but when compared to Dudley's Voltron replica half the size. I'm just going to brush this off as his Voltron isn't a 1:1 scale.

Oh Sven got mentioned with his uniform.

Back on Awesometron you just wish the Vehicle Voltron comes back instead of that.

But the next ep features Pidge's home planet... and his brother Chip. No word on Vehicle Voltron if it exist in this continuity.

Which begs the question how easy it is here to create combiner robots in Voltron Force. Everybody has one.

Wade's combiner robot.

th_1313831820717.jpg

Lotor's Predator Robeast.

th_1313170331675.jpg

Episode 17 Ghost in the Lion

Sven Lionjacks Blue Lion.

Edited by RedWolf

You know, I think I'm actually gonna have to call a "worse than shadow chronicles" on this series.

I'll second this. I had hoped that the show would actually improve over time but it's gotten worse with every episode and the animation is still horrible.

You know, I think I'm actually gonna have to call a "worse than shadow chronicles" on this series.

I'm not sure. The animation is crap, but at least the showrunners are behind it until the end of its current run. All of this is leading to something big at the end, right? Most importantly, something people will be able to see within their lifetimes?