Voltron revival?

th_vlcsnap-00045.jpgth_vlcsnap-00047.jpgth_vlcsnap-00048.jpgth_vlcsnap-00049.jpgth_vlcsnap-00050.jpgth_vlcsnap-00056.jpg

Blue Voltron's weapon is a trident. Also Yellow Voltron has ridiculous solar panel wings.

The kids are really just there to upgrade Voltron. Vince for combos and anti-Haggarium, Daniel to speed up formation time. Larmina I'd guess combat probably motion patterns.

edit:

http://tv.ign.com/articles/118/1184292p1.html

Oh dear here we go again...

th_1312035348000.jpgth_1312035433379.jpgth_1312035480498.jpgth_1312035580186.jpgth_1312035657308.jpgth_1312035739798.jpg

Lotor having a robeast Voltron. Wade having what appears to be a "vehicle based" Voltron mecha. And an undead Sven!

Edited by RedWolf

I saw an episode last night. Just some random episode. I should watch a random episode of classic Voltron to compare to. My memory of the classic show was that it was utterly terrible. The new Voltron seemed fine enough for a kids cartoon compared to the other rubbish they get to choose from these days... now to go watch the first episode of the new Thundercats.

The kids are really just there to upgrade Voltron. Vince for combos and anti-Haggarium, Daniel to speed up formation time. Larmina I'd guess combat probably motion patterns.

So they're like Mini-cons for Voltron?

WEP really should have known better when planning this.

Edited by Einherjar

So they're like Mini-cons for Voltron?

WEP really should have known better when planning this.

They don't need to be there. Once they activate a feature it stays.

Though I have a feeling by the end we would have five Voltrons. The original five piloting Black Voltron while the rest the other colored Voltrons.

Sven in returning. Though from his looks with Haggarium would play sixth ranger intially.

:lol::lol::lol:

So basically it is $200 for all five lions plus shipping and tax and membership? Then the pilot characters are $15 each. Basically $300 for the whole thing. Yeah, thats going to sell like hotcakes in this economy!

So basically it is $200 for all five lions plus shipping and tax and membership? Then the pilot characters are $15 each. Basically $300 for the whole thing. Yeah, thats going to sell like hotcakes in this economy!

For that much, those lions should be able to bad touch you!

first pics of the live action voltron are out!

post-19-0-54227100-1312339940_thumb.jpg

That is purrfectly ameowzing.

So is anyone here thinking of trying out Mattel's big Voltron with Bad-Touch-Action? I'm feeling pretty deflated about it, especially after that unintentionally hilarious video, but I think I'm going to at least grab the first lion just to see what it's like.

I subscribed. It makes sense to be turned off by the huge price tag, but that sucker is the size of Fortress Maximus! Biggest transforming robot ever? Not anymore.

By the way: I noticed that the lions' legs were almost all mistransformed. If done correctly, I'm sure the end result is much more natural-looking and screen-accurate rather than funny. OK, the buttplug key might retain its humor. :lol:

I watched the video again and it looks like you may not actually need the key to arouse the lion's legs - there seems to be a simple button, a sort of robotic distended rectum if you will, that you can simply poke with your finger to get the action going.

What?

I watched the video again and it looks like you may not actually need the key to arouse the lion's legs - there seems to be a simple button, a sort of robotic distended rectum if you will, that you can simply poke with your finger to get the action going.

What?

"If I knew it was gonna be that kinda party, I'da put my d!ck in the mashed potatoes"

I wonder if the producers are hating themselves right now since this show is terrible and getting little to no press where as ThunderCats so far is killing it. It would make me want to go back and revamp our entire show if I was on this team. Say Sven was in a coma and this is his terrible nightmare lol.

Edited by kanedaestes

Goddamn, that's horrible. But then again, it's Philippine animation, so I'm not surprised.

Wait what?

Googles Kickstart Productions, Inc.

Kickstart Productions, Inc. from IMDb

Production Company - filmography

1. "Speed Racer" (2011) ... Production Company

2. Bounty Killer (2011) ... Production Company

3. "Voltron Force" (2011) ... Production Company

4. "Dance-A-Lot Robot" (2010) ... Production Company

5. Happily N'Ever After 2 (2009) ... Production Company

6. Wanted (2008) ... Production Company

7. "Wolverine and the X-Men" (2008) ... Production Company

8. "Happy Monster Band" (2007) ... Production Company

9. "Painkiller Jane: Piece of Mind (#1.3)" (2007) ... Production Company

10. "Painkiller Jane: Toy Soldiers (#1.2)" (2007) ... Production Company

11. "Painkiller Jane: Pilot (#1.1)" (2007) ... Production Company

12. Nobody (2007) (TV) ... Production Company

13. "Painkiller Jane" (2007) ... Production Company

14. The Amazing Screw-On Head (2006) (TV) ... Production Company

15. "Finley the Fire Engine" (2006) ... Production Company

Filmography as: Production Company, Special Effects Company, Miscellaneous Company

Special Effects Company - filmography

1. Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (2001) ... Special Effects Company (visual effects) (as Tigar Hare Studios/ Kickstart Productions)

2. Driven (2001) ... Special Effects Company

Filmography as: Production Company, Special Effects Company, Miscellaneous Company

Miscellaneous Company - filmography

1. Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles (2006) ... Production Services

Kickstart Productions in Corporationwiki

Kickstart Productions, Inc. has a location in Los Angeles, CA. Active officers include Jason Netter. Kickstart Productions, Inc. filed as a Articles of Incorporation on Monday, June 26, 2000 in the state of California and is currently active. Juan Andres Guiga serves as the registered agent for this organization.

Kickstart Founder and President: Jason Netter

Producer (19 titles)

2012 Battle Chasers (executive producer) (in production)

2010 Dance-A-Lot Robot (TV series) (executive producer - 10 episodes) (completed)

– The Blue Jay Dance (2010) (executive producer)

– The Clock Dance (2010) (executive producer)

– The Dinosaur Dance (2010) (executive producer)

– The Fire Truck Dance (2010) (executive producer)

– The Flower Dance (2010) (executive producer)

See all 10 episodes »

2011 Voltron Force (TV series) (executive producer - 9 episodes)

– Dark Blue (2011) (executive producer)

– Flash Form's a Go! (2011) (executive producer)

– Lion Riders Return (2011) (executive producer)

– The Hunkyard (2011) (executive producer)

– Joyride to Doom (2011) (executive producer)

See all 9 episodes »

2011 Speed Racer (TV series) (executive producer)

2011 Bounty Killer (short) (producer)

2009 Happily N'Ever After 2 (producer)

2007-2008 Freefonix (TV series) (consulting producer - 18 episodes)

– Prepsie Idol (2008) (consulting producer)

– Send in the Clones (2008) (consulting producer)

– Music Soothes the Savage Genie (2008) (consulting producer)

– Phantom of the Hip Hopera (2008) (consulting producer)

– Gloveball Been Very Good to Me (2008) (consulting producer)

See all 18 episodes »

2007-2008 Happy Monster Band (TV series) (executive producer - 20 episodes)

– The Italian Way (2008) (executive producer)

– At the Rodeo (2008) (executive producer)

– A Wonderful Time in France (2008) (executive producer)

– Here in Australia (2008) (executive producer)

– In India (2008) (executive producer)

See all 20 episodes »

2008 Wanted (producer)

2008 Wolverine and the X-Men (TV series) (producer)

2007 Nobody (TV movie) (executive producer)

2007 Painkiller Jane (TV series) (executive producer)

2006 Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles (producer)

2006 The Amazing Screw-On Head (TV movie) (executive producer)

2006 Finley the Fire Engine (TV series) (executive producer)

2005 Painkiller Jane (TV movie) (co-executive producer)

2001 Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro (Video Game) (executive producer)

2000 Robotech 3000 (video short) (producer)

1998 Voltron: The Third Dimension (TV series) (producer)

Hide HideShow ShowEditorial Department (1 title)

Babylon 5 (TV series) (assistant editor - 35 episodes, 1995-1997) (apprentice editor - 14 episodes, 1994-1995)

– Endgame (1997) (assistant editor)

– Intersections in Real Time (1997) (assistant editor)

– Exercise of Vital Powers (1997) (assistant editor)

– Moments of Transition (1997) (assistant editor)

– Conflicts of Interest (1997) (assistant editor)

See all 49 episodes »

Hide HideShow ShowVisual Effects (6 titles)

Netter as in Netter Digital? The company that once animated Babylon 5 and Voltron The Third Dimension? Far as I know that company went bankrupt. But it seems Jason Netter is still has connections to World Events Productions having had produce V3D.

Also having a hand with Robotech Shadow Chronicles wasn't that outsourced to Koreans?

Wait what?

Googles Kickstart Productions, Inc.

Kickstart Productions, Inc. from IMDb

Kickstart Productions in Corporationwiki

Kickstart Founder and President: Jason Netter

Netter as in Netter Digital? The company that once animated Babylon 5 and Voltron The Third Dimension? Far as I know that company went bankrupt. But it seems Jason Netter is still has connections to World Events Productions having had produce V3D.

Also having a hand with Robotech Shadow Chronicles wasn't that outsourced to Koreans?

Ah, on the contrary, Voltron Farce's animation was outsourced to Toon City Animation Studios in the Philippines.

Toon City on Facebook

Toon City Animation, Inc. Looking for 3D FX Artists

I wonder if the producers are hating themselves right now since this show is terrible and getting little to no press where as ThunderCats so far is killing it. It would make me want to go back and revamp our entire show if I was on this team. Say Sven was in a coma and this is his terrible nightmare lol.

Is it really getting killed? I haven't been keeping up. I went to the Voltron forums once and saw that they kinda liked it so I stopped reading. Still time for a reboot to save the toy line!

It's seriously bad. Story. Animation. Dialogue. Blah!

th_1313169555362.jpgth_1313169696073.jpgth_1313170331675.jpg

First the Fleet of Doom Robeast Lo-Tron then Dracotron now Predator Robeast.

All the currently active modes have a problem fighting it. It actually broke the Blazing Sword.

But Lotor is reserving the right to destroy Voltron himself. Probably when he is all powered up with his armor piloting Predator Robeast.

This demonstrates the Doom Drules have one up Wade who has been developing his own lion mecha.

th_vlcsnap-00257.jpg

it looks OK but the diecast toynami Masterpiece Voltron blows it out of the water.

edit: i just watched the youtube video on this toy and i am now very disapointed. $300+ for a big, unpainted, plastic, gimmick riddled american toy....thats crazy talk.

Edited by Jeremy007

Believe me, the die hard fans of the last 25 years (myself included) are really started to get PO'd at the new show. No more Lotor trying to whisk Allura away, Lance and Keith *Both* showing an interest in her and oh, yea, the Mary Sue'ing by Vince. Most of us are just watching it to see how much longer it will last. Most are betting it won't make another season.

It's not like they didn't have the example of Megas XLR to show how an American super robot show could work. They only have themselves to blame for failing so hard. And yet, they still made more of an effort than HG ever has.

th_1313831918753.jpgth_1313832024600.jpgth_1313831820717.jpg

Well Wade's attempt at a vehicle "Voltron" was a disappointment.

Not to mention broadcasting to the entire galaxy you are evil. I'm surprised nobody in the military just shot him.

The whole show is a disappointment. Period. At least back in the day Marshall Graham was a good guy. Even Voltron The Third Dimension is better than this even *with* it's crappy CG. At least it stayed true to the old Lotor/Allura/Keith triangle and the characters weren't OOC. Now *ALL* the main characters have gone OOC. There has been a great conversation over on the Kaex yahoo group and then there is all the ones over on the Official Board (you don't have to be a member to read them) http://forums.voltron.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/329103823

The whole show is a disappointment. Period. At least back in the day Marshall Graham was a good guy. Even Voltron The Third Dimension is better than this even *with* it's crappy CG.

I kinda enjoyed that show. I think it suffered from a lack of toys & marketing. Everything did during that time.
At least it stayed true to the old Lotor/Allura/Keith triangle and the characters weren't OOC.
The original triangle was disturbing! Yes, the princess and Keith had a vibe going. But in an early episode Allura is captured and becomes Lotor's sex slave. :unsure: (It's heavily implied.) In that context, every time after that in which Lotor spoke or "flirted" with Allura, he comes off with a whole new level of gloaty and creepy. Edited by RD Blade